Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: I ran so far tonight I ran back in time.

I ran so far tonight I ran back in time.

Back to the days when two digits were plenty for a gallon of gas.

ForumRunner_20150820_210612.jpg

Couldn't get the guy to help me, though. He kept ignoring me.

ForumRunner_20150820_210628.jpg

So I decided to hop back in the sweet ride he had parked outside. No harm there.

ForumRunner_20150820_210644.jpg

Re: I ran so far tonight I ran back in time.

I'm so confused.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

?????????
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Oh, man...I was trying to act like Mike Sullivan's book or something.

While I was running tonight, I ran across an old timey gas station--the pump only had two digits on it, like when gas was $0.29 a gallon. Had a gas station attendant (mannequin) in the background, behind the window. And had a "horseless carriage" behind me.

I was just goofing off, took some bad pics with my camera phone, and posted them after I finished running. Sorry for the confusion; thought I was being clever. Usually when that happens--I'm not lol.

That's funny, Mrs boss always tells me "when you think you're being clever things get weird"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

While I was running tonight, I ran across an old timey gas station--the pump only had two digits on it, like when gas was $0.29 a gallon. Had a gas station attendant (mannequin) in the background, behind the window. And had a "horseless carriage" behind me.

I was just goofing off, took some bad pics with my camera phone, and posted them after I finished running. Sorry for the confusion; thought I was being clever. Usually when that happens--I'm not lol.
    This would have maybe worked if the pics weren't thumbnails. Can't see anything in the pics, that's why it flopped.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    This would have maybe worked if the pics weren't thumbnails. Can't see anything in the pics, that's why it flopped.
    in retrospect... You're not missing anything

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

I think you were being clever, I got the tongue in cheek, I just was lost as to where you went that had that stuff, and how you could get there on foot. There's really a place near you that has that old style pump and such?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Oh, yeah. My daughter is in a play and she's rehearsing in Trussville, which is about 25 miles from my house. The old timey pump, etc. is right there off Main Street, which is on the route I ran last night (I do my old man run for about 90 minutes of the 4 hour rehearsal to kill time). I thought it was pretty cool, and needed a break anyway. Next week I may make that the early part of my route when it's still daylight and get better pics. You know, ones without me in it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk