Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Bombing in Bangkok

Bombino

Bombing in Bangkok

Really crazy, I was just at that shrine a few months ago. Death toll is at 27 and rising, injured is at 80, saw some very graphic video of the explosion. Someone who was evacuated from a nearby building, said they were basically walking through "meat" outside of their building.
    1656271_1455908864704644_2185291850258187535_n.jpg

My current gf (who isn't Thai) is living in Bangkok and actually works in this district. She was at this exact location 24hrs before waiting on a taxi. Understandably, she and her colleagues are REALLY freaked out. Luckily, she has plans to stay here with me for a few months starting later this month.

Re: Bombing in Bangkok

Wow. Scary.

For those like me who had no idea what the OP was referring to

LINK
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

Probably not Muslim jihadi's. If it had been they would have already claimed the deed & then started bragging about it.
    MOLON LABE!

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    For those like me who had no idea what the OP was referring to

LINK
    Thanks, was still a bit freaked out at the time and forgot to post this. Apparently, her colleagues at the office heard and felt the blast. Even more crazy, her roommate goes to pray at this shrine at least once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Probably not Muslim jihadi's. If it had been they would have already claimed the deed & then started bragging about it.
    There are a wide range of questions on who it was and what their motivation was. It might be Muslim separatists from the south, though they tend to limit their attacks to the more southern provinces, not BKK. For them to attack BKK would be a HUGE departure from previous protocol. There is suspicions of the Red-shirt/yellow-shirt dueling political factions. This particular shrine has some known historical precedent. Some saying it is a false flag to solidify the power of the military junta, etc. In this case, it is anyones guess because you can make huge VERY valid arguments for a variety of parties. At least, the death toll was revised down to 18 (from an earlier 27) but still almost 100 injured.

It's mind blowing that the Chitlom/Central World district would get hit. To give you an idea of how this district is, think of something like the strip in las vegas or Fifth Avenue in NYC. It is a VERY VERY high end shopping area that you are just as safe walking around at 4am as you are at 4pm.

Rupp's Runt

No matter which way you look at this, whoever did this is a damn terrorist or works for terrorists. And yet another place in the world is no longer safe.
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    Thanks, was still a bit freaked out at the time and forgot to post this. Apparently, her colleagues at the office heard and felt the blast. Even more crazy, her roommate goes to pray at this shrine at least once a week.
    In the world today, I can't keep up with the homeland shootings and the international bombings.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Suspect.

Hey, I know that guy!

Here is a picture of him at a party. He is there, right in the middle.

Last edited by Doc; 08-18-2015 at 10:13 AM.

Pretty poor photo, huh?

Bombino

There was a second bombing attempt today (the actualy number of bombs found might be as high as 4 depending on which source you read). They attempted to bomb a VERY popular pier, which my gf was at the same evening she was near tht shrine. The bomber attempted to throw a pipe bomb on a crowded pier, thankfully his aim is about as good as his sense of humanity and it bounced off and landed in the water.

Rupp's Runt

Rookies! What kind of moron throws a pipe bomb? Whoever these guys are, it kinda sounds like they're amateur wanna-be's. Of course, they were successful in the attack at the Shrine. But still, if you're going to attack a pier with people on it you have to know how to plan, and then execute that plan. This 2nd unsuccessful attack doesn't sound well planned to me.
    I just hope no one else is injured or killed. There's better ways to make changes happen than by killing & maiming innocent people.
    MOLON LABE!

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Rookies! What kind of moron throws a pipe bomb? Whoever these guys are, it kinda sounds like they're amateur wanna-be's. Of course, they were successful in the attack at the Shrine. But still, if you're going to attack a pier with people on it you have to know how to plan, and then execute that plan. This 2nd unsuccessful attack doesn't sound well planned to me.
    I just hope no one else is injured or killed. There's better ways to make changes happen than by killing & maiming innocent people.
    One of the theories being floated right now is that the pier was not the original target. The theory states that they were trying to hit somewhere else, were unable to and the pier was an easy secondary target.

Rupp's Runt

Sounds like that could be right. Still think these guys are amateurs though, because when you plan an op like that you have a target 1, a target 2, and possibly a target 3. And you don't throw an IED in hopes of it exploding, because you expose yourself to danger from the possible explosion, and risk being identified, which will take authorities right to you & your family & friends.

I hope nothing else happens to anyone there. Or anywhere else in this world. And somewhere along the way we just need to stop coddling these bungholes and just kill them wherever we can find them. That is the only cure for that kind of evil.
    MOLON LABE!