Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Alaska Trip Pictures

Alaska Trip Pictures

My wife and I spent 10 amazing days in Alaska touring the state by train. I'm not normally a picture taker, but I took over 400 pictures on that trip. Below are two of the better ones. The pictures are of Mt. McKinley (from a plane!) and Surprise Glacier. If you haven't been to Alaska, I'd highly recommend it and touring by train!

Mt. McKinley from a plane:

Mt McKinley Flight Pic.jpg
    Last edited by KSRdallen; 08-10-2015 at 08:43 AM.

Re: Alaska Trip Pictures

Surprise Glacier:

Suprise Glacier Pic.jpg

Nice photos. We have wanted to visit there for a long time, but putting two weeks in a row together to make the trip for two working people has not been easy enough to do for us. btw, I would have asked the pilot to fly a bit higher. ;-)
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Ditto everything; gorgeous area. In-laws took a cruise there a few years ago and had similar pics. Just amazing geography.

Also ditto on the pilot flying higher. Some 29 years ago I got some (then very good) pics of a volcano erupting, lava flows, etc. from a helicopter flying over it. Scares me to death now to think about it, although nothing the pilot did was all that dangerous (they tell me). Not sure I'd be up for doing it again, but I was 26 and stupid then.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Nice photos. We have wanted to visit there for a long time, but putting two weeks in a row together to make the trip for two working people has not been easy enough to do for us. btw, I would have asked the pilot to fly a bit higher. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Ditto everything; gorgeous area. In-laws took a cruise there a few years ago and had similar pics. Just amazing geography.

Also ditto on the pilot flying higher. Some 29 years ago I got some (then very good) pics of a volcano erupting, lava flows, etc. from a helicopter flying over it. Scares me to death now to think about it, although nothing the pilot did was all that dangerous (they tell me). Not sure I'd be up for doing it again, but I was 26 and stupid then.
    We flew higher and closer to the mountain, but that was the best pic I took during the trip. I've never been in a helicopter. Going to Alaska was my 50th state and my wife's 49th, so we're going to get her 50th next summer - Hawaii. Hoping to take a helicopter ride then.

Unforgettable

Great trip David, our cruise there is one of my favorite vacations. Scenery is breath taking. Looking at the mountains and glaciers just reminded me how powerful God really is and what an artist He is.

Hawaii is also a beautiful trip although I didn't do the helicopter trip.

Glad you enjoyed it