Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Funny sayings people get wrong

Re: Funny sayings people get wrong

In other words..it's now bi-literally defined

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Heavy stuff my brothers!

Anyway, in the words of Bob Dylan.."These ants are my friends, they’re blowin’ in the wind"
    "There's a bathroom on the right."
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    "There's a bathroom on the right."
    That's my band hehe.

I always laughed at..."Hold me close, young Tony Danza."

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

Safety deposit box...
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Funny sayings people get wrong

I'm at a Nissan plant in Tn (long story), anyway I just heard guy telling someone that his Cadillac converter went out and it's going to cost him $800.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I'm at a Nissan plant in Tn (long story), anyway I just heard guy telling someone that his Cadillac converter went out and it's going to cost him $800.

That's a good one!

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post

The one I get at work frequently is anal sacs vs anal sex. Folks often confuse the glands that sit beneath a dog or cats tail that store a material that are called the ANAL SACS with something totally different.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    The one I get at work frequently is anal sacs vs anal sex. Folks often confuse the glands that sit beneath a dog or cats tail that store a material that are called the ANAL SACS with something totally different.
    I'd report those people..

Fab Five

It's that Kentucky twang of yours. People can't understand what you're saying when you make sacs a two syllable word.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    It's that Kentucky twang of yours. People can't understand what you're saying when you make sacs a two syllable word.
    You have to remember where I learned to talk "veterinarian". That was in the state of Alabama!
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    That's a good one!
    It's funny as soon as I heard the guy reference Cadillac converter the first thing I thought of was this thread. I immediately reached for my phone.

I've been watching Californication on Netflix and they had this one on there... "panty waist". Its panty waste, not waist. Sure, they sound the same but they are different. Of course some argue panty waist is correct but logic says the latter is far more offensive.

"First come, first serve."

It's "first served", grammatically "come" there is a past participle, so "serve" has to be past tense.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    "First come, first serve."

It's "first served", grammatically "come" there is a past participle, so "serve" has to be past tense.
    Even if you're talking to lunchroom workers or tennis pros?

Fab Five

"snuck". Arrrgh!!!! It wasn't in the dictionary until about 15 years ago, but its improper use was so rampant Webster's evidently gave up. Sneak, Sneaked, Sneaked.

I'd report those people..
    Not something I'd wanna look into.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    "snuck". Arrrgh!!!! It wasn't in the dictionary until about 15 years ago, but its improper use was so rampant Webster's evidently gave up. Sneak, Sneaked, Sneaked.
    You know, I didn't even realize this hasn't always been a word until you said so. I have heard it my whole life, so I just assumed it always had been. Very interesting.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    You know, I didn't even realize this hasn't always been a word until you said so. I have heard it my whole life, so I just assumed it always had been. Very interesting.

Yep, they snuck it in there

Bombino

Yep, they snuck it in there

This Louisville fan adds one I'd never seen before..

Man it seems so long ago the Cards were 2013 mens National Champs , Womens team in Final Four , Football team wins Sugar Bowl and Baseball team in College World Series . That was a great year and something I personally took for granit

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post

My Core teacher in 8th Grade at Seneca, Roxie Hoffman, gave all but 4 students in our class failing grades on a paper we wrote for using "snuck". She was one of the best English and writing instructors I ever had. I would have hated to have been with her the day she found the word was added.

Brand new one I saw today. Somebody wrote that they wanted to "air on the side of caution."

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Some of these remind me of a Rugrats episode...so help me Bob.

"I'll be glad when things just get back to Norman 'round here"
    Last edited by kingcat; 10-20-2015 at 10:30 PM.

My daughter gave me a new one --

A patient told her that she was "lactose AND tolerant."

I'm. Not. Quite. Sure. What. That. Means. It is possible that she was being literal.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    My daughter gave me a new one --

A patient told her that she was "lactose AND tolerant."

I'm. Not. Quite. Sure. What. That. Means. It is possible that she was being literal.
    On the surface it sounds like a girl any young man would like to date.

Hey baby, I'm "lactose AND tolerant.tonight"

..well, hop on in here. we is headed strait to the drive-in!"
    Last edited by kingcat; 10-21-2015 at 09:19 PM.

On the surface it sounds like a girl any young man would like to date.

Hey baby, I'm "lactose AND tolerant.tonight"

..well, hop on in here. we is headed strait to the drive-in!"
    Oh, my...

Been on here since about 1998 I think. First post of Kingcat's I wish I hadn't read.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Been on here since about 1998 I think. First post of Kingcat's I wish I hadn't read.
    I was under the bad influence of these two movie characters.

The wife saw one on Facebook about a guy talking about how horrible the Hall Of Cost was. Yes, it's true. Seen it myself.

BTW, if you ever hear about someone beating anyone to death because the beatee said 'I seen', rest assured it will be me who is the beater.

How much did the hall cost?