Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: GOP debate

GOP debate

who watched?

Didn't Trump come off looking like a dope on his immigration evidence?

And where was Carson?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Trump lost me 100%. He all but said he would run a third party campaign if he doesnt get the R nomination.

Liked Rubio and Kasich.

Walker lost ground and I say that as a person who likes what he's done.

Fiorino was great in the 1st debate.
    Last edited by bigsky; 08-06-2015 at 11:05 PM.

Re: GOP debate

Wasn't going to watch, but Mrs. BEvans wanted to watch it. Tried surfing the web but eventually got drawn into it.

There are just too many candidates. Some did well and some did badly (IMHO Bush, Trump, Paul and Carson), but it's hard to tell how good (or bad) a candidate is if they only get 5-7 minutes of time to talk.

I compared them all to Fiorina and thought she was the best by far. I just wonder if she'll find a way to separate herself from the background noise and get into the top tier. Last night helped, but we'll have to see if she can capitalize.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

If Trump runs on a 3rd party ticket, the GOP has ZERO chance of getting a president in. They better hope Trump is their man at this point or Hillary is in.

Peace

Richard (CW)

^I'm afraid you're right. We don't really know how many of Trump's supporters are likely to vote, but he doesn't have to get 19% like Perot did to mess things up. Even if he just gets 12-15%, it'll throw the election to Hillary.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

It's clear to me that Trump is a Trojan horse for the Clintons.

Trump and his supporters have me befuddled. How anybody saw him as anything other than a loser last night is beyond me. His so call proof concerning illegal immigration was "I talked to people on the border", no specifics, just " talked to people on the border"?? Also he looked like a dope when his bankruptcy issues were brought up as well as his campaign contribution. And of course his comment towards Megan Kelly were idiotic. I'm not a Megan Kelly fan but they illustrated his lack of diplomacy and his hot headed ness.

The forum itself sucked. Did God talk to you? Was that really a question? Good lord. No wonder the GOP is a train wreck! Then let's have Dumb Debbie on afterwards for her post debate analysis? That was insightful. Why not have Hillary there to?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Really do like Ben Carson. I just fear honest guys like him will not get a chance when the Donald runs as an independent

Peace

Richard (CW)

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    It's clear to me that Trump is a Trojan horse for the Clintons.
    I tend to agree with this. Also, I may be wrong here but I've listened to Rush L for the last few weeks and I can't help but think he has a man crush for Trump. If Trump ends up running as a third party candidate, then the nomination ends up in a the hands of Obama 2.0.

Unforgettable

Trump isn't going to run as a third candidate and you guys know it. He is pissed at the GOP establishment right now because of the way they are treating him and he basically threatened them last night to treat him as a equal and a front runner. Negotiations boys, all it is.

Rubio looked very good last night and I am still a Walker fan. And the Ohio Gov

Unless she falters badly in the next year Carly will be the VP selection imo. Unless they are running neck and neck in Ohio and Fl and then you might see Kasich and Rubio as a ticket.
    I think Jeb may start fading

If either Bush or Rubio win the nomination, it's going to be very tempting to put Kasich on the ticket (or if Kasich gets the nod, him putting Rubio on the ticket). Having a leg up in Florida and Ohio would really help in getting to 270. But Fiorina is so impressive it's going to be hard to say no to her being the VP choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinawildcats View Post
    Really do like Ben Carson. I just fear honest guys like him will not get a chance when the Donald runs as an independent

Peace

Richard (CW)
    I like him too but he was way too timid last night. He could have gone to starbucks for a double latte and nobody would have noticed. He knows zero about foreign policy. No doubt he is the smartest guy up there (of course that isn't saying much) and he could surround himself with people who know and/or learn but in a debate or having to think on his feet he is going to make even a doofus like Obama look like a statesman. He is going to get killed on foreign and dometic policy.

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    Trump isn't going to run as a third candidate and you guys know it. He is pissed at the GOP establishment right now because of the way they are treating him and he basically threatened them last night to treat him as a equal and a front runner. Negotiations boys, all it is.
    Not sure what he has got to complain about. He is being treated like the front runner. He was stage center, the first question was directed solely at him and he was the main focus of the debate. He got more face time than anybody else. He isn't being treated as an equal, he is being treat as the front runner. Have him talke to the likes of Jindal or Fiorina or Walker or Kasich or Christie and then he can see what its like to not be treated like an equal. Or maybe if he didn't call women dogs and fat pigs, or call his opponents jokes and look like a baffoon half the time then people might treat him with more respect.

Rubio looked very good last night and I am still a Walker fan.
    I'm pulling for Marco myself. Walkers likely my second choice but his downfall will be his hardline stance on abortion. He is a no exception. Its too extreme

And the Ohio Gov
    That would be Kasich. I like him. Expect him to pick up steam soon.

Unless she falters badly in the next year Carly will be the VP selection imo. Unless they are running neck and neck in Ohio and Fl and then you might see Kasich and Rubio as a ticket.
    I think Jeb may start fading
    She could make a bid for the top of the ticket. Actually any of those three could be the pick. I put Rubio and Kasich as the most likely to win because I think Trumps going to soon tire on people. He is funny but soon folks will wise up that he is just mean and spoiled. Jeb is a Bush, bottom line. Paul is a nut job. Carson is a wimp. Christie could be a wildcard.
    Last edited by Doc; 08-07-2015 at 02:16 PM.

@MaerRoshan: Wow. Trump about Megyn Kelly on CNN. "She had blood coming out of her eyes. Or blood coming out of somewhere else."

How can anyone admire this disgusting clown?

@MaerRoshan: Wow. Trump about Megyn Kelly on CNN. "She had blood coming out of her eyes. Or blood coming out of somewhere else."

He's a pig, and the fact that he's #1 in the GOP polls is just overwhelming evidence of just how fed up with the political class we are and just how desperate voters are for anyone who will speak their mind and be true to their vision and not just a career politician.

It's the opposite of the "yellow dog Democrat" thing. that saying came from saying that Southerners would vote for a yellow dog on a Democrat ticket before voting for any Republican. Well now the voters will vote for a yellow hairpiece just so long as he/she isn't a career politician who is nothing but a cardboard cutout.

So now we have "yellow hairpiece Republicans".
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 08-07-2015 at 09:40 PM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

He certainly says what some are afraid to say. My first thought last night was that she was ragging. I don't know who wrote that opening question, but I think they could thought of a better way to open the most important debate in decades. I admire nothing he does....but sometimes being brutally honest is just painful.

Peace

Richard (CW)

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    ^I'm afraid you're right. We don't really know how many of Trump's supporters are likely to vote, but he doesn't have to get 19% like Perot did to mess things up. Even if he just gets 12-15%, it'll throw the election to Hillary.
    12-15%? It'll only take about 3-5%, if he were a third party candidate to secure a democratic win.

Trump won't run as a third party candidate. He doesn't want to be President. He wants to rattle cages. If everything went right, he'd take the job, but he's doing several things right now. Strengthening his brand, bringing attention to the Republican Party and taking the focus off Clinton.

From a national perspective, the stale message of social conservatism can't win. With Trump in the race, he's going to guarantee that the focus is on the GOP. Momentum can build if they nominate a reasonable candidate who doesn't want to roll back the clock on social issues and NOT a polarizing one.

Republicans should back Fiorina. There's a huge appetite to elect a female President. She may be the best candidate to knock off Hillary.

If the GOP was smart, which they aren't, their leadership would privately take him back and thank him for maintaining the focus on their party and the issues. They would focus on the issue he is screaming about because clearly they have touched what a large part of the country is concerned about and ask him to continue to rattle cages knowing that his antics eventually will shoot him in the foot. I mean you can't imply that a debate moderator is menstruating and expect there not to be massive blowback! That type of stuff looses elections. And we are still 15 months away. When it does, if the GOP has kept him in the loop then he won't make waves
    Last edited by Doc; 08-08-2015 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    If the GOP was smart, which they aren't, their leadership would privately take him back and thank him for maintaining the focus on their party and the issues. They would focus on the issue he is screaming about because clearly they have touched what a large part of the country is concerned about and ask him to continue to rattle cages knowing that his antics eventually will shoot him in the foot. I mean you can't imply that a debate moderator is menstruating and expect there not to be massive blowback! That type of stuff looses elections. And we are still 15 months away. When it does, if the GOP has kept him in the loop then he won't make waves
    Sound advice. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Sound advice. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
    Do you deem Trump as an enemy, or a threat to the establishment? Or a friend?

Trump is no friend to the party. He can't and won't win the election for the repulicans but he can win it for the democrats by running as a third party candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Trump is no friend to the party. He can't and won't win the election for the repulicans but he can win it for the democrats by running as a third party candidate.
    +1

Trying to imagine who Donald would choose for a running mate as an independent. History may repeat itself here.

It seems to me that if the GOP had a clear agenda, and not just an anti Obama one, there would be fewer than the thirty or forty candidates to choose from. It's a major concern when either party cares less about how they are or are not represented than winning.

That is more dangerous than any well defined party policy. Someone having a finger on the loose trigger and all, and diplomacy be damned.

I worry about this country's attitude and a growing fringe desire to annihilate it's enemies both real and perceived, at any cost and without weighing things in a diplomatic balance both at home and abroad.

We mustn't become an even more expansionist society than we have been for the last fourty years.

If this world ends at the hand of mankind..I fear it will be by our own doing, and in the name of God, and country. All while our children and grandchildren perish.

Trump is a loose cannon and a danger to both political leanings. He is self secure and independent in a way we can't comprehend. He does not represent any individual citizen..except maybe himself.
    And he is all about two things. Money and power.

And despite the growing religion of wealth as freedoms savior, with enough of both a person will be inevitably corrupted.
    One down and one to go!
    Last edited by kingcat; 08-09-2015 at 11:45 AM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
    Do you deem Trump as an enemy, or a threat to the establishment? Or a friend?
    Neither for me, but for the GOP establishment he's an enemy.

I'm a big Carson fan, but he just doesn't have the big personality to pull this off

Carson - President
    Cruz - VP
    Fiorina - SS
    Allen West - Defense

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy4Blue View Post
    I'm a big Carson fan, but he just doesn't have the big personality to pull this off

Carson - President
    Cruz - VP
    Fiorina - SS
    Allen West - Defense
    Carson would make a great Surgeon General. Or CEO of the CDC. His personality, while strong, is not the right temperament for POTUS.
    Fiorina would be a fantastic SecState. And that position would put her in a great position to run for the Oval Office at a later time.
    My top 3 for POTUS at this moment: 1)Cruz 2)Rubio 3)Walker

Trump is talking about the right issues, but so far he's been very sparse with substantive solutions. And while he might very well make a good POTUS, he is too loud & obnoxious (typical New York City guy) and he's too uncouth. I like what he is saying, because he is talking about many of the issues that concern most Americans at this time, but I'm not liking that I'm not hearing any concrete solutions to those problems from him. Bottom line, he could win, but in my mind it just isn't likely.
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Carson would make a great Surgeon General. Or CEO of the CDC. His personality, while strong, is not the right temperament for POTUS.
    Fiorina would be a fantastic SecState. And that position would put her in a great position to run for the Oval Office at a later time.
    My top 3 for POTUS at this moment: 1)Cruz 2)Rubio 3)Walker

Trump is talking about the right issues, but so far he's been very sparse with substantive solutions. And while he might very well make a good POTUS, he is too loud & obnoxious (typical New York City guy) and he's too uncouth. I like what he is saying, because he is talking about many of the issues that concern most Americans at this time, but I'm not liking that I'm not hearing any concrete solutions to those problems from him. Bottom line, he could win, but in my mind it just isn't likely.

I'd agree with your picks but Walkers abortion stance hurts. Trump isn't a bad choice IF he wasn't such a jack ass. He needs to get off social media and quit with the personal what he thinks are funny attacks. They are not "Presidential". It's the type of stuff Obama does taken to the extreme.