Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Moving Day

Bombino

Moving Day

Is there anything more fun? In mid-July I accepted a position in Danville, VA; with Aug 10 being the start date, today is the day. For the first time in 5 years, I will no longer be a San Diegan. It is kinda weird because I really love this city, A LOT. All that being said, I don't know about anyone else but how the hell do we acquire so much crap? I was amazed at how much I threw out and how much I donated to Goodwill. Based on my estimates, I cut my possessions by somewhere around half or more. I really made a conscious effort recently to start embracing a more minimalist lifestyle when it comes to possessions. Packing stuff for moving really drove it home, how much stuff I keep around for the reasons of "maybe I will use this one day" or "I spent so much on this". The former is just dumb, because with the cost of space usually you can buy a new one when the time comes and you need it. The latter is a logical fallacy because it is a sunk cost, it's only value is what it is worth to you now based on usefulness. It was interesting and kind of liberating doing the "purge" of stuff. Makes me wonder how much time and energy I wasted acquiring unimportant things. I've already seen my thought process changing by this. Evaluating in my head stuff I need to get in my new city based on necessity and space it takes up. It's making me realize what is truly important and where to prioritize my resources. Sorry just had to vent a bit!

Re: Moving Day

Having moved several times myself, I can relate. Good luck with the new position, Pedro!

Moving Day

Wow, that's quite a move! My daughter was a SDian, she misses it very much.

Stuff collecting is human nature, once you get to VA you can start a new collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Good luck tomorrow on the first day, Pedro. Hope it goes very well!

Likewise, good luck Pedro.
    Welcome to the neighborhood..relatively speaking.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

I feel your pain and the wonderment of "where did all this ish come from, and what the heck do I do with it now" disorder. Judy and I lived in the same house for 27 years and we moved into a new place for us last November. I am still looking for stuff that I know I have and trying to make space in my garage for a workshop.

Good luck with the move and the new job!!
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.