Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: huge snake

Unforgettable

huge snake

Picture in todays paper of a guy holding a rattle snake he and another coon hunter killed Sunday night. Had 11 rattles and a button and they said it was over 5', looked over 6' to me the way they held it. Opened him up and it had a full squirrel and a rat inside that it had eaten.

Made me think, it was killed in the county I hunt

Fab Five

Re: huge snake

From the subject line I was afraid you were describing me!

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    From the subject line I was afraid you were describing me!
    I said huge not old . Of course I hope you never catch me

Rupp's Runt

I saw a video on FB yesterday of two rattlesnakes mating in a field somewhere in south Georgia. The guy taking the video made the comment that he would not walk in that field again, that previously he had walked through that field a lot.
    Even though it was on video, you could see both of these snakes very very healthy. Those rascals have been eating good in the 'hood! Nice coloring, both were very stout, even had thick necks and their heads were huge. Kinda scary, actually. But nothing a .38 special loaded with snakeshot couldn't take care of.

Speaking of which........the last time I shot one down here was sometime in April of this year. Big moccasin, jet black with a wide body. And as hot as it's been this year I'm surprised that I have not seen more. I saw a rat snake a couple of weeks ago, but he crawled up underneath the house, and I wouldn't harm him anyway. But that's it, that's all I've seen since April.
    MOLON LABE!

I got a small snake three weeks ago when mowing the lawn. My backyard includes woods, and it's not uncommon. I try to keep the lawn down pretty low to keep them away, but had a broken lawnmower, then replaced it, then son who normally mows just was swamped with stuff so I did it.

I confess, I don't know for certain what it was. I'm not very good at identification. It looked like what I remembered moccasins look like, with the coloring, etc., but if not, I'm sorry I disposed of it. There's a small creek running through the woods there and they've been known to frequent there, I'm told by my neighbors.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 08-05-2015 at 01:52 PM.

Rupp's Runt

Hey, if you don't know for sure, then you don't know. But if you're near a creek with running water in it, it may well have been a moccasin.
    MOLON LABE!

Was this snake on a plane? not a geometric level of existence, the ones that fly.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.