Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Terrible tragedy--UA Theatre/Performing arts student killed in pyrotechnic explosion

Terrible tragedy--UA Theatre/Performing arts student killed in pyrotechnic explosion

I don't know her, but the group of community theatre folks around these parts are pretty small.

21-year old Peyton Trueblood of Tuscaloosa died when she was taking inventory around a storage facility at Palo Duro Canyon State Park. Their amphitheatre was hosting the musical, "Texas," and Trueblood was assistant stage manager. The explosion that occurred was in two storage facilities, both of which held fireworks, which are used in the show.

http://www.connectamarillo.com/news/...0#.Vb2YUPm8rJE

Seems odd to have a non fireworks person in a room of fireworks doing inventory or whatever.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Bombino

Terrible tragedy--UA Theatre/Performing arts student killed in pyrotechnic explosion

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Seems odd to have a non fireworks person in a room of fireworks doing inventory or whatever.
    More than a bit odd. Sounds like an OSHA violation to me. And if they didn't mind sending a non-trained person in there, what else had they not done correctly. Clearly something went very wrong, I expect a thorough investigation on this from OSHA and would be very surprised if some fines aren't handed down.

Re: Terrible tragedy--UA Theatre/Performing arts student killed in pyrotechnic explos

I am hoping that this is a story that gets researched and reported on. There are many strange elements.

She was fireworks-certified, whatever that means.