Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Gruden Rumor

Gruden Rumor

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Gruden Rumor

I sure hope that guy isn't driving!

As dumb as it sounds, there is big money in Knoxville that is convinced Jon Gruden will be UT's next coach. Not just the board posting lite beer drinking fools. Seems like a silly dream, but sources that are influential believe he will sign a six year deal. Oh well.

He has hooks in him from from Ewe Tee. Namely a well connected UT grad of a wife. With Auburn, Arkansas, Ewe Tee and UK having openings I don't see him being available with the number 4 draft pick we hold....:/

I heard last week that Chizik has a 10 million dollar buyout if he is let go before Jan. 1 and it is like 8 million after that date. Is Auburn going to pay Gene 10 mil to not coach????

Could Chizik be fired for cause over Cam Newton? That is the debate I've seen on the Auburn boards. I'm sure he knows some seedy details they don't want out in the open regarding his recruitment. I know the hear/see/do no evil cops of the NCAA said nothing was inappropriate, but Chizik would know the truth.
    They won't tolerate losing football on the plains...not like we do at UK :/

Cut off your nose to spite your face? I doubt that Auburn is ready to throw Chizik under the bus over the star of their national championship. That seems highly unlikely.

That's just what's in the air. I do doubt he will be on their sideline next season regardless of buyout.

Quote Originally Posted by Badinage View Post
    As dumb as it sounds, there is big money in Knoxville that is convinced Jon Gruden will be UT's next coach. Not just the board posting lite beer drinking fools. Seems like a silly dream, but sources that are influential believe he will sign a six year deal. Oh well.
    I've got $9.3 million reasons I don't think that will happen. I'll be surprised if Dooley and staff are let go this year.

Dooley still has a chance to make his season 7-5. I'm not sure if that is enough to keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I've got $9.3 million reasons I don't think that will happen. I'll be surprised if Dooley and staff are let go this year.
    This source said that they talked buyout last year. But, I hear ya.

Unforgettable

Why would Gruden leave his cush job to go chase high school kids around the country and worry about alums and trying to beat UF, UGA, USC, and Ala every year.

If he wants to start a sensible rumor, he should think about Rex Ryan to UK.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    Why would Gruden leave his cush job to go chase high school kids around the country and worry about alums and trying to beat UF, UGA, USC, and Ala every year.
    Gruden WILL leave that job to coach again. Anyone doubt that? The only question is whether it will be back to the NFL or to college. His current job will always be there, in some form, if he wants to return to television.

Gruden has already mentioned that he would talk to UT but if Auburn comes open with all that young talent they have there then i think Gruden would look at Auburn before UT if he decided to come to the College ranks. But the simple fact is unless UK decides to make some concessions and promises about facility upgrades and funding's for recruiting I doubt UK makes a splash in a Coaching hire.

Quote Originally Posted by Badinage View Post
    This source said that they talked buyout last year. But, I hear ya.
    Oh, not saying it couldn't happen, as it could. Just don't think it will because the price will be an issue--and prior to yesterday, I thought UT was going to easily go 7-5 this year and a decent bowl game. Now I'm not so sure after the struggle with Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Oh, not saying it couldn't happen, as it could. Just don't think it will because the price will be an issue--and prior to yesterday, I thought UT was going to easily go 7-5 this year and a decent bowl game. Now I'm not so sure after the struggle with Troy.
    UGA "struggled" with UK. It happens when a team completely overlooks an inferior opponent. Not sure how good UT is, but yesterday's game would not be an indicator for me if I were betting on how they finish out the season. jmo
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

We will see if UT struggles with UK. Methinks not. Vandy will lay the wood to Smokey's backside and they will play for blood when UK comes to Knoxville.

Yeah, I think Tennessee is actually a good team, better than their record. I think there's a good chance they win 8 games this year (including a bowl game).

Just not as sure of it today as I was Friday.