Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

View Poll Results: If I was given $100 million dollars

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would keep working in my present job, same as usual

1 9.09%
  • I would keep working in my present job, but not as much

1 9.09%
  • I would not work at all in my present job, but work doing something else

4 36.36%
  • Are you kidding? Full-time "retirement" with this, baby

5 45.45%

Thread: If somebody dropped $100 million in your lap

If somebody dropped $100 million in your lap

...would you continue doing what you are doing (as employment?)

No, and not just no, but expletive deleted no

Re: If somebody dropped $100 million in your lap

Quit my current job before the ink dried on the money, and turn one of my two hobbies into a career. Might not make a lot of money, but I dang sure would have a lot of fun trying.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I would likely work but work pro bono
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Just had a thought. Is 100 mil enough money to buy a small island nation?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I'm of two minds. I might keep doing what I'm doing, but use some of the money to make the capital investments that it would be done differently. Obviously with that kind of financial security we sure wouldn't work as hard.

The other one, the smart one, is thinking I'd get a nice place in Key West and die of liver failure, rich and happy.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    ... The other one, the smart one, is thinking I'd get a nice place in Key West and die of liver failure, rich and happy.
    perfect

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    perfect
    It's the smart move. Surely I can find something there to occupy my days, maybe write apps and such, work a few days a week on that sort of thing, get 10 hours sleep every night I'm not partying.

Would sure be nice to try it for six months and see how it goes.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I wouldn't even clean out my locker here at the Big Brown Plane Facilty!!! They can have it all....
    "It's a mere moment in a man's life between an All-Star Game and an Old-Timers Game." - Vin Scully

I don't think I'd keep doing what I'm doing, but I'd do something else.

It would take me a couple of years of thinking about it while sitting on a Caribbean beach to figure it out, though.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Rupp's Runt

I'd retire so fast it'd make the Sheriff's head spin!
    My wife and I would of course find ways to invest that money and make it grow and work for us and our kids. Family gets taken care of first. Period.
    Work? Well, I probably would continue to do a bit of gunsmithing. Aside from that, the hardest work I would intend to do would be hefting those 12 ounce curls.
    Last edited by suncat05; 07-29-2015 at 09:28 AM.
    MOLON LABE!

I have evolved over the last few years. Have helped a lot of people, and have had a lot of very grateful people. Have had a few that made me very frustrated.

I have always said I'd keep working doing what I'm doing, but be much more selective on what matters I work on and who I help. I think I'd have to take a break and then re-figure it out now, though. Might do the same thing. Might do something different. It makes me think I'd follow BEvans' plan of taking some time off (I might say 3-6 months, though) before figuring it out.

While I say I would continue to work but do so pro bono, I'd certainly do it at a different pace. Odds are I'd work for rescues and other "worthy" causes. I could see me doing things like disaster rescue where I'd travel to locations, work with service animals, or animal rescue groups but do it at a slower pace and not 9-5, 52 weeks a year.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

If somebody dropped $100 million in your lap

I would continue to work, but I'd be on very thin ice. More importantly I would not let the owners of the company know about my financial situation. Then the first small piddly thing that they asked me to do that o disagreed with I would say "you know what? I'm done you run it" and then just leave.

100 mil is enough to take care of the kids and live happily ever after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I'd like to own and oversee a large farm which could employ my family and friends. It would be my goal to see that children who might visit with their families experience old fashion down on the farm fun.
    Feed the chickens, pony rides, milking, simple planting with a promise to maintain their produce until the next visit, safe tree climbing, fruit picking, pumpkin seed toss, and anything connected to a historical American farm and harvest theme. Even an old early 1900's replicated county fair and small midway.

Lots of places like this, but they all seem to be overpriced, profit oriented, companies with very little of the children's theme park appeal.
    That old farm lifestyle is slowly disappearing and is too important a part of our culture to discard

I can envision children on a hike through a corn field or pumpkin patch getting the surprise of a lifetime when OZ's scarecrow appears and performs.

Things like those which would make my six young grand kids flash those awesome smiles I thrive on.
    Last edited by kingcat; 07-29-2015 at 09:48 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

I voted for continuing my present job, just not as much. It is an exciting time with all the growth possibilities at my work. I would just scale back to a 40 hour week instead of the average of 60...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

I would be gone from my job so quick! It would be a stop in the bosses office for about 5 seconds and say, "I'm out, good luck" as I hand him my resignation that says, "I'm out bitches" with my signature and date. I would grab my foghorn leghorn doll with the cigar, all my challenge coins, my old mountain dew bottle and RC cola Kentucky wildcat bottle from on top my desk, and assorted UK stuff. Not much else.

Id then offer my landlord enough money to make her say yes to selling us the house. Make a ton of improvements over the next few months, while getting my "stay at home" stepson out of the house quicker than my resignation. (22 is old enough). I'd set up my daughter and son in law and their 3 awesome kids, while doing the same for my son and his new bride (in 2 weeks). Probably pay their rent and school for the next year and half while they finish up college.

I'd buy a studio/gallery space for my photography. Create some different rooms within, for different types of shots, hire a very small staff, 2-3 people as needed only, not full time, but make sure they were compensated appropriately for their time.

Travel to some very amazing places and capture it all, after buying a large format camera so I can adorn your walls!! Then come back to Kentucky and find about 20 bottles of the hard to find/buy Pappy Van Winkle. I'd also have quite the wine cellar with some very very good vintage wines.

Then go make a large K fund donation so I can get the seats I want for Football and that little round ball game we play too. Make those seats available to whomever I choose when I cant make it back for games.

I'd also pay off my stepdaughters student loans, she probably wouldnt accept anything else, but I'd make sure she had it. I'd also make some kind of an anonymous donation to a couple of my old shipmates and their families who struggle like the rest of us, but more importantly had my back and helped me up when I was at my lowest during my AD time. The guys you take a call 24/7 for.

Once all thats taken care of, I'll fly down to the Carribbean and see what the rest of you guys are up to. Show you a few local spots in the virgin islands.
    Last edited by CGWildcat; 07-30-2015 at 11:45 AM.
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com