Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Another senseless death from drugs

Another senseless death from drugs

23 year old young mother of a 4-year old child. Pretty young lady. Her best years ahead of her.

Heroin overdose. Daughter will grow up without a mother. Makes me want to cry every time I see something like this.

Authorities this afternoon said the cause of death was a heroin overdose.

"Sadly this is the information I suppose we were expecting,'' said sheriff's Chief Deputy Randy Christian. "The Satan of a drugs has taken another young life. Our thoughts and prayers are with her loved ones.

Described as sweet.....loving....wouldn't hurt a fly.

God rest her soul and take care of her little girl.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/in...9007173f76eb73

Bombino

Re: Another senseless death from drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    23 year old young mother of a 4-year old child. Pretty young lady. Her best years ahead of her.

Heroin overdose. Daughter will grow up without a mother. Makes me want to cry every time I see something like this.

Authorities this afternoon said the cause of death was a heroin overdose.

"Sadly this is the information I suppose we were expecting,'' said sheriff's Chief Deputy Randy Christian. "The Satan of a drugs has taken another young life. Our thoughts and prayers are with her loved ones.

Described as sweet.....loving....wouldn't hurt a fly.

God rest her soul and take care of her little girl.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/in...9007173f76eb73

Truly senseless, addiction is a cruel cruel master/mistress. Many of the people who get addicted to these are drugs didn't start out addicted to them. They were just looking for an escape, using lighter, more controlled medicines. Much like the meth epidemic was due to crackdowns on legal prescription amphetamines, the recent heroin boom is the direct result of a crackdown on legal opiates. They get hooked on the cleaner and controlled legal drugs, drugs with very well known behavior. Then when some well-meaning politician introduces a "tough-on-drugs" bill, the "legal" options dry up (legal here meaning legally made not acquired), this leads to them turning to dirty street drugs like heroin and meth. Heroin and meth are vastly worse for the user, causing many of the problems we associate with their respective addictions. They are cut with garbage, have potencies that can vary from as low as 5% to as high as 95% and have much worse addiction/withdrawal profiles. In fact, it is the variability in potency that causes many of the overdoses that happens. If someone is used to herion that is 15% pure and they accidentally get a batch that is 70% pure, boom they are done for. I remember reading an article about a heroin addict in a pilot program in europe that was given legal heroin. He basically worked himself into a functioning member of society. He still was an addict, shooting up but he was able to figure out exactly how much heroin he had to inject to keep the withdrawal symptoms away while avoiding the heavy depressive high symptoms associated with heroin. He said that was something he could never do on street heroin because he never knew what he was getting. He would get a strong batch and be borederline catatonic or get a weak batch and go through horrible withdrawals. He had access to clean needles (dramatically reducing the risk of infection or HIV), a controlled strength pure form of the drug(allowed him to design a maintenance regimen, minimizing the risk of OD, no fillers to cause other psychotropic effects), etc. It was an interesting take on it, because other than having to shoot up a couple times a day, he was able to lead a relatively normal life.

Fab Five

Absolutely sickening!! I have a couple of friends with adult children who are battling herion and pain killer addiction. One friend has custody of his 9 yr old grandson. The other has spent a chunk of his 401(k) on lawyers to keep his son out of jail and in rehab. To be 70 and not know when you will be able to retire or finish raising your grand.children is a nightmare.

Sadly thousands of these stories are exploding across the country....Mrs boss works in the field of addiction and has for 25 years, she is very concerned , there is no end in sight for this latest heroin onslaught. It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better, all while other crime rates continually increasing to feed the addicted.

More bad news, heroin is showing up more and more in teens. Thee are no gateway drugs, these kids are starting at "z" and paying the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Be nosy with your kids, ask questions, it may save their life...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/24/us...=top-news&_r=3

Here's a NY Times article that discusses some Northern Ky issues. I had my surgery at St. Elizabeth's and had an appointment with the Karen Ruschman quoted in it. Heroin is a constant issue up here. Over the weekend, we saw a few cop cars have a couple cars pulled over on I-471 and when we got home found out it was a drug bust.

We also see unmarked police cars pull pele over in the Newport plaza area frequently. That seems like a popular place for dealers.