Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: It's National Hot Dog Day! What's your favorite?

It's National Hot Dog Day! What's your favorite?

Growing up in Eastern Kentucky, I have to say I love the way they serve them there and in West Virginia: a thin sauce, onions and depending on how they make it, slaw. My favorite place to get a dog back home: Crisp's Dairy Treat on US 60 in Summit, just outside Ashland. Used to have tons of these little drive-in places around home, but Crisp's is one of the few that's left, and they still do it right.

Also love a cheese chili coney with onions and Cincinnati chili. Gold Star's probably my favorite, but like Skyline, too.

Love a good Chicago dog, too.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Re: It's National Hot Dog Day! What's your favorite?

All beef wiener slightly charred on the grill, a toasted bun, with mustard. Nothing else is needed imo.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Anything they give me at a ballgame.

Rupp's Runt

I like mine all beef with cheese and a bit of yellow mustard. My 2nd favorite way is with chili & cheese & onion & jalapenos.
    MOLON LABE!

Jack Links jalapeno dog on a potato bun with mustard and hot chow chow.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Johnny Rockets Chili dog

, or a Ball Park beef jalapeno and cheddar dog lightly grilled with sweet relish and mustard
    Last edited by kingcat; 07-23-2015 at 07:37 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    All beef wiener slightly charred on the grill, a toasted bun, with mustard. Nothing else is needed imo.
    Ding ding. Honey mustard is my preference. I want to taste the dog, not everything else

It's National Hot Dog Day! What's your favorite?

Hebrew's with mustard and relish.

Zesto's coney dogs (chili, mustard, onions, relish)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Years ago there used to be a place in Lexington called Burger Broil on Harrodsburg Rd. They had the best chili dog that I have ever had.

Loved some Stewart's back in the day.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Crisps Dairy treet was the FIRST place I went when I drove into town on my last visit. Literally, drove across the bridge from Ohio and kept going till I got to Crisps for a large banana milkshake. Their sign at the time said, "You can't buy happiness, but you can buy ice cream." Never got a dog on that trip, wish I would have.

Check out Miller's brand hot dogs. All beef, regular and jumbo. Very good dog, that is about the only one I've found that doesn't upset my gut anymore....Always prepared with onions and mustard, nothing else. Grilled is best of course, but pan fried will work too.
    My other new favorite is the Aidell's brand mango and jalapeno chicken sausage dog. That thing is perfect with just mustard!
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com