Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: question for those in the legal profession/Christian vs Gov

Unforgettable

question for those in the legal profession/Christian vs Gov

I just had a customer in who said she was in DC several years back and when she and her two daughters tried to stand and pray for the country while standing on the steps of the US Supreme Court Bldg she was told they were not allowed to do that in a prayer posture in a group of 3 or more.

My question is, is that correct? imo that would violate my freedom of speech rights since it was not acting as a public employee but rather as a citizen. Just like students who have the prayer at the pole at schools by the hundreds, as long as it is not being lead by any employee of the school system....which imo is totally ridiculous anyway.

I told her if that truly happened I would have made him arrest me and then I would have fought it all the way to that court.

Re: question for those in the legal profession/Christian vs Gov

WAG, but your individual freedom of speech rights would allow you to do it. But groups are different, and would probably require some permit or something. Guessing it's the antithesis of allowing 3 or more agnostics to gather together on the steps and condemn those who believe in God or something.

But I'm not a Constitutional guy. Non-lawyers know it better than I do. And other lawyers who are around here know it a lot better than I do as well. I'm just 'common-sensing' it here, which, as we know, does not always bear a direct correlation to the law.

I would've just split into two steps; one with two on it, and one with another and prayed for our country.

Unforgettable

Re: question for those in the legal profession/Christian vs Gov

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    WAG, but your individual freedom of speech rights would allow you to do it. But groups are different, and would probably require some permit or something. Guessing it's the antithesis of allowing 3 or more agnostics to gather together on the steps and condemn those who believe in God or something.

But I'm not a Constitutional guy. Non-lawyers know it better than I do. And other lawyers who are around here know it a lot better than I do as well. I'm just 'common-sensing' it here, which, as we know, does not always bear a direct correlation to the law.

I would've just split into two steps; one with two on it, and one with another and prayed for our country.
    While I don't agree with agnostics I still respect their right to do that. Same with Muslims. We have carried PC too far. Our freedoms and liberties are being eroded on purpose. I fear what is in the near future