Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Trivia!

Star Trek Trivia!

I didn't watch it, but thought it would be a cool antidote to those bored with The Andy Griffith Show trivia.

I'll start it, although I haven't the faintest idea of the answer to this. You'll have to grade it (or I'll have to google it). I stole the question.

Which race of aliens used their space craft to construct a huge weblike trap made of pure energy?

Re: Star Trek Trivia!

Tholians
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Is this all star trek universe or a particular series? Finally one of these I can play.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I'll just go with it. All series, anything in the verse.

Start off with a gimmie. Bajor was occupied for 50 years by what race/empire?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Cardassians (sp?)

A bowl of what food magically appeared for Commander Riker when he asked for one in Encounter at Fairpoint?

Edit: that seems obscure, so think of Fuji

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I'll just go with it. All series, anything in the verse.

Start off with a gimmie. Bajor was occupied for 50 years by what race/empire?
    Last edited by UKFlounder; 07-06-2015 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Cardassians (sp?)
    Were those the fat assed aliens?

Last edited by Doc; 07-06-2015 at 03:06 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Were those the fat assed aliens?
    Help me, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Cardassians (sp?)

A bowl of what food magically appeared for Commander Riker when he asked for one in Encounter at Fairpoint?

Edit: that seems obscure, so think of Fuji
    A bowl of apples. there was a bowl of fruit on the table, Riker lamented there were no apples.

A bit of science: what subatomic particle naturally moves at faster than light speeds and is a key component of temporal distortions?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Help me, that's exactly what I was thinking.
    Not big butts, but big necks.

A bowl of apples. there was a bowl of fruit on the table, Riker lamented there were no apples.

A bit of science: what subatomic particle naturally moves at faster than light speeds and is a key component of temporal distortions?
    Tachyon
    seeya
    dan

Right. Your turn to ask the question.

I don't understand half of what you guys are posting, but it is fun reading it.

Gravimetric torpedoes are used in battle by whom
    seeya
    dan

Admiral Farragut? Or should have?

I know Voyager used one to destroy Omega particles in the Omega Directive, but betting that's not what you're looking for as an answer.

The borg used it as a mainstay weapon. IIRC it rips apart the target using gravity waves.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    The borg used it as a mainstay weapon. IIRC it rips apart the target using gravity waves.
    Good call. I knew they created gravimetric distortions.

OK, throw out another one.

There may have been others that I can not remember, but if it was not the first occurrence it was one of them. It was also one of the first if not the first shows that exhibited a comedy overtone.

The Enterprise is almost over run by an alien species.
    seeya
    dan

If it's Enterprise D then I'm thinking of when the Ferengi took over. The Captain, Guinan, Ro and Keiko were transformed to their pre-teen bodies but with their current minds. Fit the comedic overtone thing, but I'm figuring your'e thinking TOS.

The original Star Trek TV series was responsible for the episode. I likely gave a really bad clue. The alien species that almost over ran the starship probably should be considered to be more of an infestation
    seeya
    dan

The dreaded Tribbles maybe?

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Not certain I had the correct answer but I'll lay a question out there anyway..

In my favorite TNG episode a metaphoric form of communication nearly prevented any future dialogue with a race called the "Tamarians" Not to mention almost starting a war.

Does anyone know what popular actress made her acting debut in that episode?

"Temba, his arms wide"
    Last edited by kingcat; 07-07-2015 at 09:10 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

You understood the riddle inside the enigma and provided the correct answer. Live long and prosper
    seeya
    dan

Yes, but since I suck at posting questions, I will let someone else answer

I got sick of him saying Darmok at Tanagra
    seeya
    dan

Duh, should have gotten that one. Not a bad clue, I'm just not finding a groove yet.

The Darmok episode was the debut of Ensign Lefler (sp?), none other than Ashley Judd. I remember b/c I knew Ashley so it was impossible to suspend my disbelief with her, I just saw Ashley.

OK, lets try this one. Another actor question. Which actor has the honor of having played the most distinct characters throughout the Trek universe? Bonus question, how many? Hint, he had three very well known recurring roles.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Yes, but since I suck at posting questions, I will let someone else answer

I got sick of him saying Darmok at Tanagra
    Yeah, me too.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

CBBN, I have no clue to be able to answer your question.
    seeya
    dan

OK, the answer: Jeffrey Combs. He played 9 different characters. There are a few who played 7.

You'll know him immediately when I tell you who he played:

Weyoun (the Dominion Vorta, more than one incarnation of him but one character)

Brunt (Ferengi FCA)

Shran (Andorian commander on Enterprise)

He had others but one you may remember is Penk, the man who ran the Tsunkatse games in Voyager who abducted Tuvok and Seven.

Pretty good actor if you ask me.

OK, next question: why did Worf accept discommodation from the Klingon Empire?

OK, the answer: Jeffrey Combs. He played 9 different characters. There are a few who played 7.

You'll know him immediately when I tell you who he played:

Weyoun (the Dominion Vorta, more than one incarnation of him but one character)

Brunt (Ferengi FCA)

Shran (Andorian commander on Enterprise)

He had others but one you may remember is Penk, the man who ran the Tsunkatse games in Voyager who abducted Tuvok and Seven.

Pretty good actor if you ask me.

OK, next question: why did Worf accept discommodation from the Klingon Empire?
    To prevent civil war within the Empire of course. But war proved inevitable and Worf eventually had his honor restored.

I loved his character.

Here's a question many grannys could answer..

What Visitor played a Bajorin colonel in the Deep Space Nine series?

Note: I don't know that many names of cast members, but a select few stuck out to me as being more alien sounding than their character name. Example..I never knew a Nimoy..but I do know a Spock.

A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory
    ..Leonard Nimoy's last tweet
    Last edited by kingcat; 07-09-2015 at 11:42 PM.

It was Nana Visitor.

My favorite actor/actress name from the series.