Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adoption

Re: Adoption

Go Cats!

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
    Really Awesome to see.

Good luck to you and your newly expanding family!

Rupp's Runt

What a handsome kid! Congratulations!
    MOLON LABE!

Thanks for the update--awesome!
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Thanks guys! I'm sure he is as anxious as we are, I can't imagine what is going through his mind with all of the unknowns and change. I trust there's a higher power at work with a purpose.
    Go Cats!

Great stuff. Best of luck with the remaining odds and ends!

Rupp's Runt

Awesome and congrats! I hope to adopt someday, the wife and I are not on the same page with it, but maybe someday.

Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Leaving Friday morning for China. Pretty crazy how fast it's all happening. My son and I are traveling and will get Isaac on 9/14. Should be a heck of a journey, thank you guys for your support.
    Go Cats!

Bombino

Wanted to give everyone an update in case I forget before I travel, but we are just waiting on the last step which is travel approval and plan to book the flights later this week or early next week. I hope to be flying to China on sept 12th and back on the 26th or so.

We did get to video chat with him the night after my last post and it was pretty awesome. I think he and my family was pretty nervous and overwhelmed but it went great. Amazing experience really and I can't imagine what it's going to be like to meet him in person for the first time. Please say a few prayers for us over the next few weeks in sure we will need it...KENTUCKY boys in China. My son and I will travel over.
    Having just traveled to SE Asia earlier this summer; for me the worst part of it was the flight there and back. Being 6' 4" 275lbs, I'm not small and as such don't quite fit in the seats of a normal jet. Back to back 8-12hr flights are NOT fun. Make sure you get up and walk around A LOT. Otherwise, your feet will swell like mine did (could barely fit into my shoes) and it puts you at risk for developing a clot in your legs. I stretched as much as I could but still developed heavily swollen feet. Might even talk to your doctor about it in advance, mine told me later that the next time I travel there are certain things they can do to help lower the risk of blood clots.

As for being in China, try to just roll with it and not do too much comparing of there versus here. If you can keep an open mind, you will make the trip much more enjoyable for yourself. There will be things there that are just mind blowing but if you have an adventurous mind, there is a lot there that will be really cool. I don't know which city you are going to, but if it isn't one of the bigger cities, be prepared to be stared at, A LOT. It feels very weird and uncomfortable, especially at first, but you get used to it. Try the weird foods, some will be horrible some will be surprisingly delicious. At worst, you get a good story out of something that tasted disgusting and at best you get to expand your comfort zone a bit.

Leaving Friday morning for China. Pretty crazy how fast it's all happening. My son and I are traveling and will get Isaac on 9/14. Should be a heck of a journey, thank you guys for your support.
    Safe travels. Hope everything goes great with both your sons and that you also have some fun along the way while you're there.

As for being stared at, must be like being the only UK fan at an Indiana/Louisville game. Except I'm sure the Chinese are more polite, less drunk and more intelligent.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Great news Padukacat. Travel safely and let us know when you are back in town. I will leave the light on for ya
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Attachment 4884

So much to tell. Been an amazing experience. Here's a link to the blog we've been doing. I've been doing the writing since we got to China. It's http://hereiammyson.blogspot.com hopefully that link works. I think it will be worth your time to read it.
    Go Cats!

Bombino

really awesome man!

I love this one:

Already getting him trained as a UK fan!

That read like a wonderful travelogue with a good bit of personal stuff included to make sense of it all. I hope that they are going to kick you out soon so you can have the enjoyment of introducing your new son to the good ole USofA.

Thanks for linking the blog. It was sad at times, but it was a joy to read.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Unforgettable

It's obvious you didn't get your looks from your dad, then again I have met your mom

Have a safe trip Michael. I am proud of you as I know your dad is. I think you and your wife have earned a bigger cottage in heaven

One and Done

Congrats and safe travels home!

My oldest daughter was adopted here in the states. Our daughter has brought joy to our lives and wish the same for you.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. We got in last night late after a grueling day of travel. Not sure I've ever been more exhausted, cant sleep on a plane and it was a 14.5 hour haul on the first flight then a 7 hour layover for another 1.5 hour flight home. Lots of people at the airport and it was fun to show our new son the home and meet mom and sister, but boy....am I tired. Thanks again!
    Go Cats!

Gosh, what a wonderful blog and thank you for sharing your experience. Welcome home to your family, and your new son. Such a great story.

Get some rest!

Bombino

Thanks everyone for the kind words. We got in last night late after a grueling day of travel. Not sure I've ever been more exhausted, cant sleep on a plane and it was a 14.5 hour haul on the first flight then a 7 hour layover for another 1.5 hour flight home. Lots of people at the airport and it was fun to show our new son the home and meet mom and sister, but boy....am I tired. Thanks again!
    How is that jetlag? Good luck with things man and nihao to your new family member!

My heartiest hooray!..to your expanding family. God bless and keep you.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    How is that jetlag? Good luck with things man and nihao to your new family member!
    boy the jetlag about killed me this weekend, glad I had a few days to get over it before getting back to the old grind today.

The boy is doing great, hes a really cool guy. We play a lot of board games and card games and hes full of personality. He is really happy and seems to be fitting right in. Were trying to hunker down and stay out of the spotlight for a while, were pretty active and we don't want to run him to death seeing new people and places just yet.

I really appreciate everyone's words here, even though I haven't met many of you guys it means a lot because I've been posting on this board for a while and these names and personalities start to become friends. Thanks again.
    Go Cats!

Unforgettable

Can't wait to meet him

Bombino

boy the jetlag about killed me this weekend, glad I had a few days to get over it before getting back to the old grind today.
    I know that feeling really well. I think that part of the world is just about the WORST for jetlag because it is 11-13 hrs difference. So everything is literally the exact opposite.

The boy is doing great, hes a really cool guy. We play a lot of board games and card games and hes full of personality. He is really happy and seems to be fitting right in. Were trying to hunker down and stay out of the spotlight for a while, were pretty active and we don't want to run him to death seeing new people and places just yet.
    That is great to hear and likely a very good move. Let him get comfortable in his new role in life, then start branching out. Quite frankly, I can't imagine the upheaval that this has to be mentally and emotionally. Nothing against you (in case it comes across that way) but can you imagine not having a family then having a family on the exact opposite side of the world in a country with customs that are strange and foreign to your own?

I really appreciate everyone's words here, even though I haven't met many of you guys it means a lot because I've been posting on this board for a while and these names and personalities start to become friends. Thanks again.
    You summed up how I feel about this forum very succinctly. Many people that I have gotten to know over the years on here that I consider friends without having ever met them.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    I know that feeling really well. I think that part of the world is just about the WORST for jetlag because it is 11-13 hrs difference. So everything is literally the exact opposite.

That is great to hear and likely a very good move. Let him get comfortable in his new role in life, then start branching out. Quite frankly, I can't imagine the upheaval that this has to be mentally and emotionally. Nothing against you (in case it comes across that way) but can you imagine not having a family then having a family on the exact opposite side of the world in a country with customs that are strange and foreign to your own?

You summed up how I feel about this forum very succinctly. Many people that I have gotten to know over the years on here that I consider friends without having ever met them.
    No offense at all I've thought about the same thing in regard to his changes, pretty brave to hop on a plane w strangers and leave a world you know. He likely isn't as aware of the dead end he faced so his thoughts aren't our thoughts. I can't wait till we can communicate and hear his thoughts on a deeper level but that's years down the road.

Jazy he got to hang out w dad last night and seemed to like him more than anyone he's met. Pretty cool.
    Go Cats!

Unforgettable

Your dad told me about last night, Isaacs card tricks and when he doesn't understand....What?.......said he is adjusting very well

Rupp's Runt

Of ALL of the threads we have ever had on this board, I can say, from my heart, that this one is by far the most uplifting thread we have ever shared with each other here. There still is hope in this world, and this story tells of that hope.

THIS STORY is why this board is the best place for Kentucky fans to communicate in person. I love this board, and I am honored to be a part of this community.This story, in its totality, tells everyone that reads on our board exactly who we are.
    MOLON LABE!

Hey gang, wanted to post on the anniversary of the day we picked up our son Isaac in China. One year ago today this journey started. It has been VERY hard at times on our family. We went through about a 2 month stretch at about 6-8 months that i honestly wasnt sure how this thing was going to turn out. I'm happy to say everything is going better than good now. Isaac just had a rough patch and it was tough for him to accept that he had a new life and left his old life behind. I totally understand where he was coming from, but i think after several come to Jesus meetings we came to a place to where he realized we love him and want the best for him and will do what it takes and now he's pushed his chips all in. Hes a great kid. Very smart, and very prideful and disappointed that he is struggling through english. Never spoke a word of it before a year ago and now probably can get about 70% off what we say, which has to make him feel better. Never cared about school and probably had a low self esteem but now the kid is diggin in as a freshman in high school where he gets no help (fixin to get $hit right with the school tomorrow...bledsoe style). I'm so proud of him. I know he has a tough time getting used to being a part of a family still, but man we can see what he is going to become and its amazing what Love and expectation can do. He does a ton of homework each night and we are basically going through high school again, but its great. He actually just now said he wanted to go to college...which you have no idea how big of a step that is. In the last year here are the things he has done that he had NEVER done before:

1. Be part of a family
    2. Swim (like a fish now)
    3. Shower
    4. Brush teeth
    5. Use an american toilet (finally hitting the water with the lid up)
    6. Had more than 4 shirts (he still wears the ones we had from china)
    7. Learn english (pretty dang fluent)
    8. Play basketball (we play all the time in my driveway, he was terrible but is fair now, his motor skills have developed fast and were like a toddler)
    9. Catch a fish
    10. Been to Disney...and basically anywhere.
    11. Ride a four wheeler...drive one
    12. Ride in a car (did it before but was carsick it was so seldom)
    13. Throw a football and catch it

Thats all i can remember, there is a ton more, pretty much everything. Just wanted to give you guys an update. You are like family here and are a wonderful group of people and we traveled on this journey together last year. Definitely one of the toughest things i have done but worth more than any other accomplishment. Here are some pictures of then and now...

Attachment 5743
    ^first day of school this year... freshmen

Attachment 5744
    ^after we landed in paducah and met mom and sister

Attachment 5745
    ^then and now

Attachment 5746
    ^the first time the boys met

Attachment 5747
    ^he caught a big 'ole fish at my buddies lake
    Go Cats!

also wanted to mention how amazing my children and wife have been during this last year. You always wonder whether you are doing a good job with your kids...let me tell you i have some wonderful children. So proud of them.
    Go Cats!

A smile on my face, a lump in my throat, and a tear in my eye. I was adopted at 3 days old, a match made in Heaven.

Thanks for the update, PC. Don't wait another year before the next one.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.