Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adoption

Re: Adoption

Without knowing you outside the confines of these forums, I feel the need to say that you and your family are doing a great job bringing him into a life where he has opportunities to not only enjoy family happiness, but to have a future that he would never have had if your and your family had not come into this life. I can sense your joy in his accomplishments and you have a right to be very, very proud of how things are going. Great job sir!!
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

thanks guys...one more pic. this was right before he left the orphanage with all he had. I love this picture and it also makes me sad.

Attachment 5748
    Go Cats!

Thanks much for sharing the update. Terrific, uplifting story and glad I know a guy whose family is so caring.

Dropped my adopted son off today at wku to join the other one that was already there. Man, whew long drive home and lots of tears and memories. Seems the tougher it is the sweeter it is in the end. So proud of him.

Attachment 10326
    Go Cats!

Bear with me here…had to share day 1. Man it’s killin me!

Attachment 10327
    Go Cats!

Adoption

Aww, this is wonderful.

I went back and read the whole thread, too, and just have a big smile on my face because of it.

Best of luck to both boys in school!

Thanks, Dad, for sharing.

I had to read it all too darrell. Thanks brother.
    Go Cats!

Rupp's Runt

Such an amazing story! I am so happy for all of you! This story only reinforces what many of us here already knew, that family is important, and family is everything. Continued prayers for yours and for happiness and success with your family!
    MOLON LABE!

It sure is dusty in here, right now.
    Bless you all for your heartwarming stories.
    Refreshing in the midst of all the "clutter", as one coach calls it.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Glad there is a reminder of this thread, my 2 adopted ones have had a very eventful month. My daughter spent the summer in Spain on study abroad. She arrived home for a couple of days only to have the boyfriend propose to her. So I’ve dropped her off in Charleston for her senior year at the Citadel, now engaged.
    My son bought his first home in Danville a week ago. As parents we are very proud at the moment.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    Glad there is a reminder of this thread, my 2 adopted ones have had a very eventful month. My daughter spent the summer in Spain on study abroad. She arrived home for a couple of days only to have the boyfriend propose to her. So I’ve dropped her off in Charleston for her senior year at the Citadel, now engaged.
    My son bought his first home in Danville a week ago. As parents we are very proud at the moment.
    What great milestones in life.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    Man congrats I can only imagine.
    Go Cats!

Attachment 10348

My boy is 21 today. We went hiking in Arkansas over their fall break. Man he is doing so amazing at WKU he’s grown up so much. Best hunch I ever had was that this kid was somehow my son. Tough start for all of us but the instincts were correct. Hope he’s having a “safe” good time tonight as I know they were touring him around bowling green
    Go Cats!

Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
    Attachment 10348

My boy is 21 today. We went hiking in Arkansas over their fall break. Man he is doing so amazing at WKU he’s grown up so much. Best hunch I ever had was that this kid was somehow my son. Tough start for all of us but the instincts were correct. Hope he’s having a “safe” good time tonight as I know they were touring him around bowling green
    Ill start this off with some irony in the last post i wrote about our adopted son being 21...turns out he had just turned 20 that day. How could we have his birthday off by one year you say?...

Two weeks ago while in Florida for my daughters bball tourney the american lady who worked at his orphanage in china who we are fb friends with sent us a message asking if we could set some time aside to message with her later that day. She ended up telling us they believe they have found our sons birth parents through a dna test that was performed at a police station. It would be rare to have a child dna in the police database, but even more rare they would do a search for the child and even more rare they would notify the orphanage and once again the orphanage would notify us. Apparently this was in August and the lady we know said she just felt like she had to tell us about it finally. We were thrilled to hear the news but very skeptical. She later sent me a picture of the dna match on the police computer screen (likely not legal) and after translating it i found some info that made it seem likely and also unlikely. She said he had 3 younger sisters which also didnt make sense during the one child policy to have three kids. We did some additional research and finally got the fathers wechat (like facebook in china) id and we reached out to him this past sunday to ask some questions. He immediately sent the application he had to file with the orphanage that told the story of our son and why they left him at the hospital. It detailed having his first kidney removed which only they would really know, and how they raised money for that surgery and then when the second kidney went south had no money and could not get a hospital to take them. As a last effort they dropped the child at the hospital in hopes they would take him and he would not die. He said they hid under a stairwell until someone took him and have looked in papers and elsewhere for years to see if they could find him due to their regret. Fast forward 20 years and through a lot of luck they have found him. We called our son home from bowling green to inform him and he was very happy and anxious. 20 years of feeling like your parents didnt want you has im sure done a toll on him, but he is a very good guy so we are happy for him to get those feelings put to rest so he can know he was loved. So we did a facetime call on wechat with the mother and father and holy cow it was definitely his parents. Talk about emotional, i videod the call and when they panned over to the mom and she was looking at him she got about 5 words out and just broke down, which caused my son to get emotional as well. We were so happy and sad all at the same time, unreal moment to witness. Ill try and share the video but its probably too large to share, but will share some pictures of the family. His sisters were actually older sisters ages 30, 28, and 26 i believe. One of them speaks english so he has been talking to her more than the others. They were so appreciative of us having loved Isaac and taken care of him and so happy to see his face and talk to him. he still speaks a little chinese but we had to call a chinese friend and put the phones together so she could translate for them. We are having another dna test done by a company in china that does these things just to confirm everything but there really isnt any doubt. We will likely go to China in July as a family once our daughter gets back from Samford for the early summer practice schedule. I can't imagine how it will be to see them unite in person after 21 years. We are just so so happy for him and them. God has a funny way of writing this life journey that is for sure.
    Go Cats!

Last edited by Padukacat; 01-12-2024 at 01:46 PM.
    Go Cats!

the last pic above was isaac right before we adopted him, below is a recent family picture. The only picture they had of him was one from 100 days old which is celebrated in china.

Attachment 10766
    Go Cats!

Fab Five

What an amazing story! Best wishes to both families.
    Real Fan since 1958

Very, very nice updates. Wonderful stories.

Just seen this thread pop up again. Gave my daughter away in August on Edisto Island, SC at her wedding…..bittersweet, but happy for her to start her own journey.
    IMG_2933.jpg

Thanks to Mick for letting me know about this thread being revived and thanks Padukacat for sharing. I could write a thesis on all our daughter Catherine has been thru with her Chinese identity and heritage. Both good and bad. I’m sure you guys have been thru much the same. I’ve offered several times to do the dna test and she has held steadfast that she does not want to. She has certainly had to deal with a lifetime of abandonment issues. She is now a UK graduate and has started her career in Columbus Ohio where he boyfriend lives. She has grown into a wonderful woman and is as sweet and smart as she has always been. She’s a model citizen and a blessing. Not sure I remember how to post pictures here, but I’ll give it a shot.

Last edited by ETWNAPPEL; 01-20-2024 at 04:27 PM.

Real fan since 1964...

You have every right, all of you , to be very proud.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Congrats to her, and to you and your wife as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWNAPPEL View Post
    Thanks to Mick for letting me know about this thread being revived and thanks Padukacat for sharing. I could write a thesis on all our daughter Catherine has been thru with her Chinese identity and heritage. Both good and bad. I’m sure you guys have been thru much the same. I’ve offered several times to do the dna test and she has held steadfast that she does not want to. She has certainly had to deal with a lifetime of abandonment issues. She is now a UK graduate and has started her career in Columbus Ohio where he boyfriend lives. She has grown into a wonderful woman and is as sweet and smart as she has always been. She’s a model citizen and a blessing. Not sure I remember how to post pictures here, but I’ll give it a shot.

Adoption

Wonderful pics and stories, Catonahottinroof and ETWNAPPEL. Thanks for sharing!

So glad to see the updates guys. ET it seems to be much more common to get a match now that china is testing most of their males. My son didn’t want to do it years ago and even though this came as a surprise match from china I believe he would have liked to done it now. I think opening that door to say you’re going to try to find them just opens the door to more pain if it fails so you have to be in a good place to try.