Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My heart attack

So the bad news hits particularly hard today as I narrowly escaped the grim reaper again this weekend.
    Napping in the motorhome by Canyon Ferry after a morning of failed walleye fishing, a day of total relaxation not my usual three (now two--no longer Regent) jobs a fever, some friends called from the lake and we spring up to greet them. I immediately feel like, "damn, eating lunch and napping was a bad idea" pain in my chest. Indont get heart burn so what the heck? Look up heart attack on webmd. Tell my wife "honey, I think Im having a heat attack".

Now thats a problem. The boats is in the water. Wife wont drive the RV. Truck's hooked up to the boat trailer the wife doesnt know how to unhook

...so she runs to another 3 family website, asks for baby aspirin and somebody to unhook the trailer. They all volunteer to take the boat out of the water. My wife gets the truck and we head to Helena 35-40 minutes away, winding road across the narrow dam etc. (Note: even tho out of reach of cops/ambulance they would have met us)

Into hospital and 69 minutes later the widow-maker is unblocked. Two days in ICU. One episode of Bad thumping heart-- fancy dancin rhythms required modern miracle drug speed bag intervention but normal rhythm yesterday and today. Home now. Guy in room next to me, same thing, 8 hrs earlier, died.

Now Fab Fueder. Lets keep it to two.

Re: My heart attack

Oh, wow. Man, bigsky. Please take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Oh, wow. Man, bigsky. Please take care.
    +1

Take care of yourself there Bigsky.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Bigsky, that's scary. Glad to hear you're still with us! Hang in there.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Good grief. Prayers to you for a continued recovery. Scary stuff.

That is a plumb scary tale. I take having medical care near by for granted so being in a boat in the middle of nowhere having a heart attack is not fun to think about. I cannot think of much else to say other than take care of yourself and follow Dr.'s orders.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

Goodness, take care. Hope you recover fully. And it sounds like wherever it was that you were at, it sounds just a tad remote.
    MOLON LABE!

Sorry to hear. Good news is you will come out good as new. take care.

Bombino

Damn, that is really scary BigSky. Really damn scary, I worry about that a lot with my father. He is not in the best shape and has a family history. I am truly glad, both for you AND for your family, that you came out OK.

Take care. Heart trouble is no fun.

Unforgettable

Jeff, glad you are okay. Keep us posted. Now teach your wife how to handle a boat

Jeff the only thing I want to read about the Mayor of Bozeman is that he was crotchety in a planning meeting or tried to get the city seal changed to the UK logo. Nothing bad, just the same bigsky I've known here all these years. Take care of yourself, and really glad you recognized the signs and got the help you needed.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Fab Five

Jeff, what a sobering post. Always take aspirin. If in doubt, always takemaspirin. It is the most important thing you can do if you think you are having a heart attack or stroke.

Jeff take care. We need you around here another 30 years.

My heart attack

God bless, get well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

So glad you made it through! We're not done with you yet.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Geez!! Widow makers are no joke. Glad you're with us, no need to leave yet!!
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

Jeff, take care of yourself. Your body may be telling you it is time to slow down.

Glad to read that you survived it Bigsky! I've been there myself...it's not fun. God Bless and take care of yourself!

How about an update, bigsky? Feeling OK? Doing any rehab?
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Wow man that's crazy take care!
    Go Cats!

My heart attack

Bigsky, you still taking care of yourself? I am looking at some very old threads, and ran across this one. Sure glad you are still here with us.

Thank you Darrell. I went “up to the M” about 50 times this summer. It is a Very steep half mile. Up steep and down 1.5 miles.

I take a statin the size of an almond and some other drugs too. Been layin low—it’s worrisome with covid. And going to a gym freaks me out. Now that it is winter I will have to exercise some other way—how about in Florida somewhere! So tempted.

“The peach” was bruised and it hasnt come all the way back. But Dr says “I’m going to go ahead and turn this treadmill up” for my annual test, so that’s good.

Looking back at my friends here responding gives me the sniffles. Means a lot.

So much more scary lookin back, knowing half a dozen people who’ve just died this way. They don’t call it “the widowmaker” for nothin.

BTW. The friends who woke me up stopping by on their boat had not intended to go boating that weekend. Something told them to go. The couple belongs to a “outgoing” church and you can imagine how they mention “what are you doing with your second chance?” whenever we see each other.

Glad you got that chance Big guy.

That left main ventricle is rather important.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

Glad to hear you’re doing well. Blessings for continued good health, Jeff. Stay on those meds. We’re doing well these days for heart related meds. Stay safe and healthy!

If I may, what Statin are they prescribing you? I take 40mg generic Atorvastatin (Lipitor).

Same thing you are getting. My primary calls it Cardio Drano.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    If I may, what Statin are they prescribing you? I take 40mg generic Atorvastatin (Lipitor).

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Same thing you are getting. My primary calls it Cardio Drano.
    For your bang for the buck and dose, atorvastatin is the best. I also take the 40mg generic.