Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: TAGS Trivia (The Andy Griffith Show)

Saw this episode just a couple of days ago. Just as good the 9th time around .
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Ok, I could continue to torture you, or go ahead and give it up.

The dog's name was "Blue," and he was loveable, but pretty useless. On the other hand, he did not like the silent dog whistle that Barney used to train him, and he would growl and attack whoever blew the whistle. In fact, knowing that, Andy managed to capture the criminal when he told the criminal to blow the whistle real hard so the dog would come. He knocked over the criminal and they captured him when he had the drop on them otherwise.

I have another animal question that I'll add later.

While badrose's questions are still waiting to be fully answered, I thought I'd ask another one to keep the thread hopping.

Aunt Bee was a well-renowned cook. She was terrific, and many episodes involved some area of the cooking. But she couldn't cook everything. In fact, she was a miserable failure at one particular product.

What did she try to fix that she just couldn't do, no matter how hard she tried? And for the 2nd part to the question, what did Andy and Barney do to try to cover it up?

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    OK, a 2-parter

Ernest T Bass had some preconceived ideas about Army life. He spoke of three activities twice. What were they?

What plans did he have for his teeth?
    I am drawing a blank on the first one. I know he loved their u-knee-form. And felt like it would attract girls, including his sweet Rowena.

I think I know the 2nd one--he planned on getting a gold tooth, and then knocking out teeth on either side to make it stand out. At least, that's what he planned once--you may have something else in mind.

That's what I love about the show. You have all kind of neat little tidbits like this.

Great, great questions.

By the way, my colorized episode question was that Goober thought the dog could talk. Was going to make him famous. One of Opie's friends pulled a trick on him by hiding a small walkie talkie under the dog's collar, and lurking just out of Goober's easy eyesight, engaged in conversation with him. Not nearly as good of a question, and I'm basically going to stick to the good black and white episodes for any future questions I ask (mostly, at least), as those were, by far, the better episodes.

Pickles. IIRC they got some store bought pickles and put them in her jars which ended up winning the contest so she made another huge batch (tasted like turpentine ???)

"Hup, two, three, four, clean your gun, jump on the truck!"

I think I know the 2nd one--he planned on getting a gold tooth, and then knocking out teeth on either side to make it stand out. Especially when he's daincin'.
    Last edited by badrose; 07-07-2015 at 09:02 PM.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    Pickles. IIRC they got some store bought pickles and put them in her jars which ended up winning the contest so she made another huge batch (tasted like turpentine ???)

"Hup, two, three, four, clean your gun, jump on the truck!"

I think I know the 2nd one--he planned on getting a gold tooth, and then knocking out teeth on either side to make it stand out. Especially when he's daincin'.
    Great questions! And right about the pickles.

Andy and Barney gave away her pickles, packed in a suitcase, and replaced them with store bought pickles. To keep her from entering the pickles in the contest, they had to eat them all. When they did, she made a double batch. The judges thought they were kerosene soaked, they were so bad.

New question.

What dessert did Thelma Lou make that Barney liked so much? They used to eat a pan of it while watching that doctor show on tv.

Side note. Was watching it last night (Opie found $50 episode) and there was a reference to a girl Barney took out a couple of times, named Phoebe. I never remembered seeing that before. It was before Thelma Lou, according to Barney. Wasn't going to ask that obscure of a question, but thought others might be interested as well.

Is it true that when Andy's pants cuff was semi-tucked into one boot, it was a signal to the locals that his weed crop and 'shine were ready for distribution and sales?
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

New question.

What dessert did Thelma Lou make that Barney liked so much? They used to eat a pan of it while watching that doctor show on tv.

Side note. Was watching it last night (Opie found $50 episode) and there was a reference to a girl Barney took out a couple of times, named Phoebe. I never remembered seeing that before. It was before Thelma Lou, according to Barney. Wasn't going to ask that obscure of a question, but thought others might be interested as well.
    .....the answer is....

Cashew fudge.

She would make a pan of that cashew fudge and they'd watch that doctor show on TV. Thelma Lou stood him up one night and went out with Gomer to a movie because Barney was taking her for granted.

OK, I'm going to ask another one and put another TAGS trivia question on the table.

Aunt Nora and Uncle Ollie, and their two boys come to visit. Aunt Nora is Aunt Bee's sister, and Uncle Ollie bragged that he taught Andy how to shoot a gun. They drive Andy crazy while they are there, and when two escaped convicts come over the radio, Ollie brags that they would take care of them if they came there. Andy first tells him that they aren't likely to come that direction, based on what they normally do, but then figures out that he could probably scare Oliie back home.

Andy tells Ollie, "Good news--they're headed this way. I'm going to pick up an extra rifle, and swing by the house and pick you up and we can go hunt them down." (That's not a quote, just a paraphrase). Andy gives them a few minutes, and Ollie meanwhile scrambles the family, packs up and heads back home.

Where is home?

Preferably both the city and state, but I'm good with the state. A very good friend of mine lives there.