Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TAGS Trivia (The Andy Griffith Show)

Re: TAGS Trivia (The Andy Griffith Show)

Been hit or miss for a few days.

As penance allow me to brighten your day with some nostalgic humor compliments of the incomparable "Barn

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Hope the area was to your liking. It is to mine .

I *almost* remember the name of the hill, but I think it was called ______ Grade. But I'm "almost" remembering, and not quite. Usually comes to me when I sleep on it. All I can think about right now is Check point Chicky, which is not the hill, but the speed trap he employed.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    When Barney got the motorcycle to help cut down on speeders, what was name of the hill he set up his radar trap on?? He handed out tickets to the truck drivers that were always allowed to get going fast so they could make it up the "_" hill.

Hint~ I honestly can't remember the name of the hill so I hope someone else knows the answer.

Oh yeah, I now know where the Oak Mountain Amphitheater is, where you met Barney's girl

Love it. "We the?"

lol.

You done good.

Now answer blueboss' question, and create one and let me redeem myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Been hit or miss for a few days.

As penance allow me to brighten your day with some nostalgic humor compliments of the incomparable "Barn

Turner's Grade!

While I was writing War and Peace on the Premium Board on the Tom Brady thread, it came to me.

Toss-up question for the board.

Aunt Bee briefly inherited a role in the town play when Clara, her good friend (and quite the accomplished actress) had to be out of town during rehearsals. Bless her heart, Bee was a disastrous choice, couldn't act, but was saved when Clara returned to town and took over the role, with Bee's blessing.

What was the role in the Mayberry town play the ladies performed?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Toss-up question for the board.

Aunt Bee briefly inherited a role in the town play when Clara, her good friend (and quite the accomplished actress) had to be out of town during rehearsals. Bless her heart, Bee was a disastrous choice, couldn't act, but was saved when Clara returned to town and took over the role, with Bee's blessing.

What was the role in the Mayberry town play the ladies performed?
    Just a stab at it, but wasn't it Betsy Ross???
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Miss Mayberry maybe??

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Miss Mayberry maybe??
    Very good, think they called the role Lady Mayberry, but that's exactly the role. Good going!

That reminds me of another question, and I don't mind continuing to throw them out, but anyone feel free to do the same.

During a "Miss Mayberry" Contest one year, Andy was chosen to be the Judge. Ellie Walker, his girlfriend, was in the contest because Aunt Bee put her in, against her wishes. It was a typical hysterically funny show, with everybody touting their candidate, even down to Andy's son, Opie and his girlfriend, the Mayor's daughters, etc. Meanwhile, Ellie said if Andy selected her, she would never speak to him again.

In the end, Andy made the right choice, the clear choice, and really the only choice, selecting someone for her "inner beauty."

Who was that Miss Mayberry?

Bonus question - there was a song written for the occasion.

"Hail to thee, Miss Mayberry, O Hail to thee, O Hail.
    Your loveliness, Your majesty, brings joy to every male."

The songwriter asked Andy if he could be the one to sing it, and Andy said he'd punch anyone in the mouth who tried other than him.

Who was the songwriter?
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 05-10-2015 at 08:27 AM.

That was Floyd, wasn't it? "Oh hail oh hail, oh hail oh hail" twice.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    That was Floyd, wasn't it? "Oh hail oh hail, oh hail oh hail" twice.
    Yessir! Well done!

I couldn't recall much of that episode.

I do recall another of Mayberry's fine ladies. Two really, and they were the Morrison sisters.

Their kindness and charity was clear How did they contribute to our little town?

Love the hint, Kingcat--I know the answer, but will let others guess/solve.

Still looking for who was awarded the crown of "Miss Mayberry" by Andy when he was in his predicament. I can still see his sly grin as the thought came to him after he received the gown from the lady who made it and worked so selflessly for the pageant, Miss Emma Bishop.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 05-11-2015 at 08:46 AM.

TAGS Trivia (The Andy Griffith Show)

Didn't the Morrison sisters run the local moonshine business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Yep, they sure did Boss. Even had Andy fooled which was hard to do.

How did Gomer "know" there were spiders under the band stand?

The correct answer here is, "Miss Emma Bishop."

She worked tirelessly and selflessly for the Pageant with no expectations of reward, and Andy awarded her the title without even entering.

Love the hint, Kingcat--I know the answer, but will let others guess/solve.

Still looking for who was awarded the crown of "Miss Mayberry" by Andy when he was in his predicament. I can still see his sly grin as the thought came to him after he received the gown from the lady who made it and worked so selflessly for the pageant, Miss Emma Bishop.

How did Gomer "know" there were spiders under the band stand?
    Cause if he was a spider, that's where he would live?

Not sure if I have badrose's question right, but even if not, we can throw out another TAGS trivia question--

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
    A tale of a fateful trip
    That started from this tropic port
    Aboard this tiny ship.

That beginning to a popular theme song belonged to another sitcom that didn't run all that long, Gilligan's Island. What actor(s) from Gilligan's Island made an appearance on TAGS?

You were corretc and Bob Denver is the answer to yours.

What did Barnie do only to get heartache?

Not sure if I have badrose's question right, but even if not, we can throw out another TAGS trivia question--

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
    A tale of a fateful trip
    That started from this tropic port
    Aboard this tiny ship.

That beginning to a popular theme song belonged to another sitcom that didn't run all that long, Gilligan's Island. What actor(s) from Gilligan's Island made an appearance on TAGS?
    You were corretc and Bob Denver is the answer to yours.
    Ahh, but I had a trick question there. Bob Denver is "a" correct answer. Alan Hale is "another" correct answer. Denver played Charlene Darling's love interest/husband, and Alan Hale (the "Skipper") played Jeff Pruitt, a farmer who came down from the mountains looking for a bride. It was hysterically funny (as many of the shows are, of course), watching big strapping farmer Pruitt pick up women as they walk down the street. During the show (which was before Gilligan's Island), he even called Barney, "Little Buddy," which is what The Skipper called Gilligan on that show, of course.

What did Barnie do only to get heartache?
    I'm drawing a blank. But I can picture him in his suit saying, "what do I get for it? Heartache!" Honest to goodness, I don't remember what it was, though. Great question.

Ahh, but I had a trick question there. Bob Denver is "a" correct answer. Alan Hale is "another" correct answer. Denver played Charlene Darling's love interest/husband, and Alan Hale (the "Skipper") played Jeff Pruitt, a farmer who came down from the mountains looking for a bride. It was hysterically funny (as many of the shows are, of course), watching big strapping farmer Pruitt pick up women as they walk down the street. During the show (which was before Gilligan's Island), he even called Barney, "Little Buddy," which is what The Skipper called Gilligan on that show, of course.

I'm drawing a blank. But I can picture him in his suit saying, "what do I get for it? Heartache!" Honest to goodness, I don't remember what it was, though. Great question.
    You're warm. Just top it off.

Me too.

If I'm warm, it's accidental, because I don't know. It's a great question, though.

Had his suit dry cleaned (that's one). The other was hinted in my last post.

Had his suit dry cleaned and his hat pressed? Or something like that with his hat?

You know, in real life, Don Knotts was reputed to be quite the ladies' man in between his marriages, or maybe a little overlapped .

This rings a bell a little. I love the question.

I think it was a class reunion and an old flame coming back to town but things didn't go as he expected. That's about all I can remember. The line stood out.

Just top it off....top it off. I don't know. "To top it all off, _______". Nope. On top of the world? Top of the morning? Top of the mountain?

lol. I'm just WAG territory here. But loving thinking about TAGS. I'll throw out another trivia question in the meantime--

In one episode, the lovable town drunk, Otis, was expecting a visit from his respectable brother. Unfortunately, Otis had been writing letters to his brother on and off, and sorta misrepresented his occupation. What occupation did he "fake" when his brother rolled into town?

Deputy.

Deputy.
    Correctamundo! Andy and Barney were good sports, giving Otis a uniform while his brother and wife were in town, and allowing Otis to pretend to occupy that position. Turned out, Otis' respectable brother was his own town's drunk, and he found some alcohol in town somewhere when he disappeared, went on a bender, came to the jail, and arrested himself--just like he did in his own town.

Will post another question in a minute.