Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

TAGS Trivia (The Andy Griffith Show)

No googling allowed!

Ask one question, and whoever answers it asks the next question.

First question will be an easy one.

Checks and balances weren't perfect in Mayberry. In addition to his position as the high Sheriff of Mayberry, what other official position did Andy Taylor hold?

Re: TAGS Trivia (The Andy Griffith Show)

Justice of the peace?

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Yessir! Your question.

What was the name of Mayberry's favorite fishing hole?

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

I'm not sure I know the answer, and I'm not going to guess. But a side note here is that in the county where I live there is a good fishing hole called Mayberry Creek in Montevallo, Alabama. At least I am told it is good fishing, although I have never tried it out myself.

I always loved the scene, in California I'm sure, of Mayberry's fishing lake. I usually whistle the TAGS theme when I go fishing..which has been a while. Sometimes I'll even skip a rock or two.

Not sure this is the right answer, but Meyer's Lake?

Could be another. Old Man Kelsey's Creek?

If neither is correct, penalize me thirty lashes with a wet noodle, but I'm going to go ahead and ask the next TAGS trivia question. Waiting for badrose and some of the other aficionados to chime in--I know we have several big fans here.

Here's my question. It's multiple parts; answer ONE part...allow at least an hour to go by, and if nobody has answered it, you can chime in again with as many answers as you'd like.

Name an Andy Griffith girlfriend on the show. I'm thinking of at least 4; will provide hints if necessary. I don't think this is a hard question, but this isn't meant to be "stump the band," as much as reliving some good moments, so I'll go ahead and prime the question.

The ones I'm thinking of are....

a) A schoolteacher
    b) A nurse
    c) A lady druggist
    d) A Chicago executive. Can't remember now, seems like advertising or marketing or something.

Answer ONE, allow at least an hour to go by and if nobody has answered again, you can answer as many as you'd like. Then ask the next question.

Helen Crump
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    Helen Crump
    Good to see badrose make an appearance and no doubt he'll be correct, as he was with old lady Crump.

Other 3 are now open for anyone to answer.

The druggist was Miss Ellie iirc. There was a manicurist as well but she didn't stick around long. Too bad.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

It was Myers Lake by the way. Sorry, having some trouble navigating the site the last day or so.

I'm drawing blanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    What was the name of Mayberry's favorite fishing hole?
    Speaking of the fishing hole, wasn't that the title of the theme song?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Alice Harper
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Lady druggist was indeed Miss Ellie Walker.

The nurse was Nurse Peggy, but I don't remember her last name. McMillan? That may not be right.

The ad executive came back for one show, a high school class reunion where she and Andy reminisced about one of the great romances of all time, Sharon DeSpain. The actress caused a little bit of confusion, because she had a striking resemblance to Betty Lynn, the actress who played Thelma Lou later in the show. A lot of people thought it was the same person, but it was another actress.

Next question - name a deputy Sheriff of Mayberry besides Barney Fife. I can think of 3 temporary ones, and one permanent one later. Name one, then same rule... Let somebody else answer the next one, but if an hour gap goes by, all questions can then be answered by anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Alice Harper
    Outstanding answer, and one I didn't think of. She indeed was an old girlfriend of Andy's. The old dog got around.

If you want to ask the next one, I'll delete mine and save it for later.

Olivia Pope? I'm sure Andy slept with her since everybody else has.

Had to look it up Doc, but you are correct on the theme title.
    Thought this was interesting..

Earle Hagen was one of the most versatile of television’s important composers. He wrote full orchestral scores, jazz, rock—whatever suited the material. None of his major themes—for The Dick Van Dyke Show, I Spy, and the Mod Squad—sounded alike. In 1960, Hagen was given a new series about a small-town lawman surrounded by folksy kooks. He had the summer to think about it, and in the end, he responded to the character of the sheriff, a widower raising a small boy, more than the premise. “He was the kind of guy who’d whistle,” Hagen said of Sheriff Andy Taylor. He wrote the theme in an hour, and recorded it with just a guitar and a bass drum (for a jug-band flavor) as backup. Hagen whistled the tune himself. His 11-year-old son snapped his fingers on the track.

I think the answer is Warren. Not sure about the last name Darrell..or did they even give him one?..
    ..huh, huh, huh, huh?.

On the chance that I'm right I'll offer up another question related to Warren.

The character Warren is related to one of the other TAGS characters.
    Can anyone name that person?
    Last edited by kingcat; 04-21-2015 at 05:44 PM.

I think the answer is Warren. Not sure about the last name Darrell..or did they even give him one?..
    ..huh, huh, huh, huh?.

On the chance that I'm right I'll offer up another question related to Warren.

The character Warren is related to one of the other TAGS characters.
    Can anyone name that person?
    Wasn't Warren Floyd the barbers nephew?
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Wasn't Warren Floyd the barbers nephew?
    Yep, he was. You are up BB.

TAGS Trivia (The Andy Griffith Show)

What make of car was the squad car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Ford Galaxy, IIRC. Every year a new one, I think.

Peggy = nurse. I think...................

Had to look it up Doc, but you are correct on the theme title.
    Thought this was interesting..

Earle Hagen was one of the most versatile of television’s important composers. He wrote full orchestral scores, jazz, rock—whatever suited the material. None of his major themes—for The Dick Van Dyke Show, I Spy, and the Mod Squad—sounded alike. In 1960, Hagen was given a new series about a small-town lawman surrounded by folksy kooks. He had the summer to think about it, and in the end, he responded to the character of the sheriff, a widower raising a small boy, more than the premise. “He was the kind of guy who’d whistle,” Hagen said of Sheriff Andy Taylor. He wrote the theme in an hour, and recorded it with just a guitar and a bass drum (for a jug-band flavor) as backup. Hagen whistled the tune himself. His 11-year-old son snapped his fingers on the track.
    Very interesting history! Love this.

Let's modify our rules game just a little. Anybody that has a question can ask it, but let's not have more than 2 open questions at a time. To me, the purpose of this game isn't to stump everybody, but to relive some cool trivia from one of the best shows in American history (to me, at least).

Let's get another question going.

There was a little boy who constantly had peanut butter and jelly on his face, and a partially eaten sandwich he would often offer a bite to Barney with. In real life, he was Ron Howard's little brother, Client. What was the little boy's name on the show?

Leon.
    And if correct, I'll have to defer back to you on the question, I am not that big of a TAGS trivia buff.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Leon is right! Nicely done, for a non-TAGS guy. I'll throw another one out there if you don't want to.

"Check point Chicky" was the undercover name Barney gave to an operation he had which increased the rolling stock of the Mayberry police force. What did it involve (and try to be somewhat specific)?

I know all (vroom!..) BUT the specifics. I'm going to look it up and let someone else try to recall.