Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: New Star Wars trailer

New Star Wars trailer

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Re: New Star Wars trailer

Yeah. It is pretty exciting. Great to see Han and Chewie in it. I watched a live presentation today and the ball droid. I figured he was just CGI but seeing (BB R8?) as an actual robot/puppet got me stoked.

Star Wars come Christmas time is a nice treat.

Rupp's Runt

1977 is calling us..........
    MOLON LABE!

I'm excited. I'm Star Trek over Star Wars but I like both, and I'm grateful they got the franchise away from George "throw some CGI at it to fix the plot" Lucas.

As with all good sci-fi, you want some cool tech and way out ideas, but it's still the story and characters that drive everything. Usually the best and most popular sci fi has a pretty simple basic story that you then build around, but the basic theme is pretty linear and has a clear direction. It's still about a good story and message, something to root for and care about at a personal level. Whether that's surrounded by spaceships or cowboys is secondary.

It's what made Star Wars, Star Trek, Firefly, all the best stories. the newer stuff like Hunger Games is the same. Even super complex stories like Dune still have a pretty clear core of characters you connect with, albeit with a world of complexity surrounding them.

Lucas jumped the shark and started doing what the best cartoons never do: write to what he thinks the audience will buy. Phantom Menace was driven more by happy meal tie-ins (thank Jar Jar) and what he could do with computers than by any need to tell a story.

I'm hopeful. LOVED seeing Han in the end with the "we're home" line. And let's face it, is anyone cooler than Harrison Ford?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.