Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: scenic drives

scenic drives

There aren't too many rural areas left in Louisville, and in fact this is actually a hidden little lane near Ballard High School. It's one of my favorite "streets" in town.

It was raining when I took this, so there's rain on the windshield. Anyone else have pics to share?

lane.jpg
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Re: scenic drives

Great idea for a thread and great picture.

I don't have anything to offer, but I have been thinking about going for a drive today or tomorrow. This part of Alabama has some neat rivers and old bridges that are cool, and I may just do that after the UK game or tomorrow afternoon.

We were in western NC last week and drove along the Blue Ridge Parkway...it was pretty awesome with the leaves changing.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Great idea for a thread and great picture.

I don't have anything to offer, but I have been thinking about going for a drive today or tomorrow. This part of Alabama has some neat rivers and old bridges that are cool, and I may just do that after the UK game or tomorrow afternoon.
    The covered bridges in Oneonta are really neat. If you are into a longer trip I love driving the Lookout Mountain Pkwy.

Likely going to miss this weekend for taking a drive, although will be going to Auburn later today. Not my scenic drive route, though, although I always enjoy the bridge in Sylacauga, especially if it is misty rain or foggy. Can be pretty captivating then.

Lookout Mountain Parkway would be a great choice to spend a long day and a picnic or hike at Little River Canyon. Haven't done that in years.

Pictures guys, pictures.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Turning by the castle on Versailles road is one of my favorite drives, no pics though.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRay View Post
    Turning by the castle on Versailles road is one of my favorite drives, no pics though.
    Like you I have no pics but I use that as a short cut from the end of the parkway over to 75 north via 64 a lot. It is a really pretty drive.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 10-28-2012 at 02:44 PM.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Freshman

I think the I-40 corridor ("The Corridor" as it is called) from Knoxville to Asheville NC is the prettiest drive in the eastern US. The sheer height of the mountain passes and the miles upon miles of forest make it a beautiful trip. The culmination is coming out of it later south of Asheville if you drive that far: it ends in the eastern continental divide, with a plateua view out over the Atlantic coastal lands.

IMG_0366[1].jpg

Boone Hall Plantation S.C. we were there in May 2006
    Last edited by blueboss; 10-29-2012 at 07:40 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

OK, so I threw my camera in the car Sunday on my drive to Auburn. I did not stop on the way there, although I took a few pics out the window (didn't look, just snapped to see what happened). Plus stopped at traffic lights and such. Let me see what I have.

Except for the pics in downtown Auburn, anything else is from the "dreaded" Highway 280 (it's awful inside Birmingham--I should know, I live close to it; but it's quite enjoyable all the way down to Auburn).
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 10-30-2012 at 07:46 AM.

Toomer's Oak is not doing well.

P1150793.jpg

P1150832.jpg
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 10-30-2012 at 07:29 AM.

Toomer's Drugstore is doing fine, though. This was through the windshield after 100 miles on the road .

P1150831.jpg
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 10-30-2012 at 07:28 AM.

I always enjoy the Coosa River, and the bridge to the east of where I cross it. The only stop I made was on the way back, I stopped and pulled beside/under the bridge, off the road (there is a path going down).

Here's the bridge I use. Usually I'm on top of it, though.

P1160045.jpg

and angled, you can see the one I enjoy off in the distance, too.

P1160085.jpg

And the old iron bridge.

P1160048.jpg

P1160072.jpg

P1160089.jpg

Gotta scoot, maybe throw in a couple more tonight. Nothing special, just stuff everybody sees every day, and most of the time we take for granted. An old restaurant, a small factory, even hedges just trimmed with a city's name in it. Americana. I love it.

You didn't get a pic of The Bank Vault, loved that place on an unseasonalbly cold October day.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRay View Post
    You didn't get a pic of The Bank Vault, loved that place on an unseasonalbly cold October day.
    Had I been walking, or riding, I would've. The Vault was on the other side of Toomer's though, and not a good angle for me driving down. It's a neat place.

NC Waterfall.jpg
    NC Waterfall 2.jpg

Pics of waterfalls near Asheville, NC
    Last edited by CatinIL; 10-31-2012 at 07:07 PM.

Cumberland Falls 3.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Our Summer Home.jpgOur Summer Home 2.jpg

I don't understand what all these people were doing hanging around our house and walking around on our lawn??

medium.jpg

I like taking the Old Frankfort Pike when I'm going to football games

146916874.jpg

I went to the Big South Fork Recreation Area last week for a photo safari

Quote Originally Posted by fastkat View Post
    medium.jpg

I like taking the Old Frankfort Pike when I'm going to football games
    I love these pictures, especially when you get a road with no traffic on it. I really should get a couple of those type framed; they give me such a sense of peace and relaxation. That's a very nice one.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by CatinIL View Post
    Our Summer Home.jpgOur Summer Home 2.jpg

I don't understand what all these people were doing hanging around our house and walking around on our lawn??
    That is Peter Sellers walking across your lawn? Is he your gardener????