Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: The Masters Talk

The Masters Talk

Tom Watson at -2 through 16 today. Pretty cool.

Have The Masters official app on my phone; nice features on it.

Re: The Masters Talk

JB has two bogeys through the first 4 holes, but birdied par-5 # 2, and stands +1 after 5 holes.

Charley Hoffman leader in the early clubhouse, with a -5, 67 today. 5 birdies, 1 eagle, and 2 bogeys.

That is indeed cool to see one of the old guys doing well.

I'm always glad as a UK guy to see JB do well also. At the end of the day, though, Ben Martin's parents and grandmother are friends, and I kind of know him as well, though he's closer to my kids' age. So Ben is my guy on the tour.

Right now Ben is T26, E after 2.

I will add him to one of my "favorites" on The Masters app, so he immediately pops up. Always glad to see somebody with a connection have one of their guys do well. Good rooting interest for me, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by elicat View Post
    That is indeed cool to see one of the old guys doing well.

I'm always glad as a UK guy to see JB do well also. At the end of the day, though, Ben Martin's parents and grandmother are friends, and I kind of know him as well, though he's closer to my kids' age. So Ben is my guy on the tour.

Right now Ben is T26, E after 2.

By the way, this app is terrific. They have live video on demand--one of them is the practice range, and they have announcers discussing players as they practice, slow-mo swing, etc. That's about as cool to me as anything.

Watching the gloveless Fred Couples right now. Man, I love his swing.

Oh, my--how did I miss this yesterday?

Kevin Streelman asked a 13-year old with an inoperable brain tumor to caddy for him yesterday. They win the Par-3 Master's contest.

I'm going to root for Streelman, even if he is a Duke alumnus.

This round is going south rather fast for both JB and Ben. They are both in a crowd at T79, +3.

Jordan Spieth is crazy. -8 after 14.

I watched him on the practice range warm up on that live video Master's app.

Spieth, -10 after 24 holes. Wow.

ForumRunner_20150410_103413.jpg

JB's iron play letting him down. Averaging 311 off the tee (field is 283)and hitting 67% of fairways (field 63%) but only hitting 50% of greens.

JB is going to need to birdie two of the last three holes to have a chance at the cut line.

He got one. Gorgeous chip on the 18th, spent a lot of time on it, backed up the gallery, pitched it on the green, well past the hole (intentionally), up against the slope, rebounded backward and gently rolled into the cup.

Will miss the cut by 1 stroke. One. Dang it.

Here comes Tigerrrrrrrr

He's doing well right now, but the hole remains very deep.

Yeah, I'm just surprised he is in the 2nd mix. Spieth has been incredible (as I watch him roll in ANOTHER birdie.) He's a machine.

Spieth picks up another stroke. He is on fire.

Composure for a 21-year old is amazing. I hope he continues tomorrow. I wonder how he'll sleep tonight.