Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: So today is the deadline day, I bet the Iranians are scared

So today is the deadline day, I bet the Iranians are scared

Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Re: So today is the deadline day, I bet the Iranians are scared

They should be scared. Obama has absolutely shown he'll follow through on the lines he draws in foreign policy.

oops, I mean "fall through". Darned auto correct.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Here is the line

Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

What deadline??? Today, tomorrow, next week, or whenever he decides to strike a deal with the Iranians, he's still going to go through with it and he'll still try to circumvent Congressional approval once he does. And then, it'll just go on record as a real deal because those cowards in Congress will look the other way and continue to let this Communist Muslim sympathizer sitting in our White House to do anything and everything he wants to do.

There isn't enough rope being made to deal with all of the traitors & cowards running our government right now.
    MOLON LABE!

Yep, they moved that line until June.
    Last edited by Doc; 04-02-2015 at 08:07 PM.

Rupp's Runt

This morning I saw on the news that not only is the USS Theodore Roosevelt is sitting off the coast of Yemen, but so are several Iranian destroyers and other Iranian warships.
    Hmmmm.........Yemen, the USS Cole, one of the largest state-sponsored terrorist nation's having their naval contingent in very close proximity to one of our newest and most modern aircraft carriers, what could possibly go wrong here?
    And if something does happen, what will our response under this president be? I'm placing my bet on another Benghazi type response...........
    The DoD says the Roosevelt is there for security/possible operational purposes . The State Department says that basically they're not sure why the Roosevelt is there except as a deterrent, and the Iranians say they're there to combat piracy.
    I just have a very bad feeling about this whole situation as it stands right now. If the Roosevelt is there to rescue trapped Americans in Yemen and/or to help evacuate Embassy personnel, I'm good with that. If they're there to help the Yemeni government seize back control of their country with American air support, I'm okay with that. But if the Roosevelt is there for no other reason than to project American power but to do nothing else, then valuable manpower, resources, equipment, and American money are being wasted.
    And what happens if there is an "incident" between our ship and the Iranians? How is this Communist Muslim sympathizer president going to respond?
    This situation has the potential to go sideways at any time. And if it does, how does this administration account for it? Will he blame Bush?
    MOLON LABE!

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Yep, the ultimate middle finger has to be to test launch a nuclear capable missile right when signing the agreement to not build nukes.

There is no reason in the world for Iran to have medium range ballistic missiles without a nuclear payload for them. None. They only have strategic value if they are nuclear, b/c they cost way too much to build and maintain and do too little damage for conventional warheads to be of any use.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

Maybe somebody should tell Obama that.......oh wait, never mind. I forgot..........he's the smartest guy in the room. Or so he'd have us believe. According to his highly paid liar Josh.
    MOLON LABE!

seeya
    dan

Rupp's Runt

Just more empty words by this current administration.
    MOLON LABE!

Since the agreement has been signed they've violated it twice with missile tests, not a thing has been done. They also violated it by buying up new weapons, nothing done. We now have heard the UN inspection teams can't publicly report violations they may find of the nuclear program restrictions.

Obama didn't make a bad deal, he's just working for the other side.

Rupp's Runt

"Obama didn't make a bad deal, he's just working for the other side."

Yeah, I think that's exactly how most of us see this as well.
    MOLON LABE!

seeya
    dan

I saw and was going to link.

Wonder if we will get similar outrage as we did with the "Bush lied to get us to go into Iraq" crowd? Somehow I doubt it.

I liked the quote:
    "It wasn't 'spin,' It's what we believed and continue to believe, and the hallmark of the entire campaign was to push out facts,
    But what does not bother me is Psaki misleading the press when asked about "secret meeting". Well if the meetings are secret, doesn't acknowledging them to the press make them no longer secret?

I'm with Doc on the secret meetings, US diplomacy no doubt requires some secrecy at times.

That being said, they could have probably disclosed it at some point once we were in public negotiations, but that's not a huge deal to me.

I'm not even shocked they did what they do best, use lots of willing quasi-media sympathizers to push a narrative on the American public. They do it all the time. But this was just to get some legacy for Obama, him not even being able to comprehend that it will prove to be a BAD legacy.

Obama is no Ronald Reagan.