What goes up must come down and Dawson's hope is it's in some receiver's hands. The coach alluded to his plan to take deeper shots down the field where the air in thinner. To do that he must have the weapons to get that done. As we previously stated he's been around some body's that can get that done and the question is does he have those bodies on the UK campus? West Virginia has more mountainous air than that that exist in Lexington. And they have always had receivers that could take advantage of that air before he arrived and after he arrived at West Virginia. The latest of which was Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey two dynamic play-makers.

Though he's got some receivers out (injury rehabs) right now he has enough on hand to make an assessment that the Wildcats have a lot of talented receivers. The team gets a couple vital receivers back after a red shirt year due to injury rehab. Those that's back are Alex Montgomery a smart, savvy, big hands receiver that wears a 3XL glove. Montgomery came to UK with the reputation of having good hands and could go up in a crowd and make a difficult catch. The other receiver – Jeff Badet - that came to the Cats had a reputation of speed.

Dawson came to the podium with a raspy voice due to victimization of allergy's. He said - It's more of my head. Good gracious, I don't know what it is down here. I can't breath.” He said it was bad in West Virginia but it wasn't this bad. We told him if the didn't like today's weather just wait until tomorrow he'll might get something he likes. “Yeah, 50 today and 0 tomorrow.”

Montgomery said it was just good to be back. When asked that if late in last season when the receiver's were struggling, could he have played? “Ego-wise yes,” he paused and said. “But physically, no. I wasn't ready physically or mentally.” Montgomery said it was frustrating to have to go out there and work hard all week preparing to play but no you're not playing on Saturday. He said he focused so much on his injured left leg that now he has to concentration on getting the right leg up to speed because sometimes there are hiccups there; minor hamstrings, pulled calf muscles, a bunch of little minors things like that. He said that will get better.

Badet is the other receiver completely different from Montgomery. “He's got tremendous speed,” safety A. J. Stamps said. “And runs crisp routes. Guarding him, you got to take a couple steps back.” It was recently said he can take the top off of defenses. “Coach Dawson has been around so much talent it holding us to a higher standard so I just want to go out there and compete,” a grateful to be back Badet said. “I really like his offense the way he's spreading out the field.”

Dawson said UK has several receivers that can compare to some he has coached and that's exciting. One obtrusive qualified observer spoke of sophomore T.V. Williams making a dazzling catch down field as one of such receivers. The same source said he was impressed with the hands of Blake Bone.