Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Muhammad ineligible

http://ucla.scout.com/2/1211554.html

Will this be a pay back the plane fare situation or will he get the Enes treatment? The possibility of the Enes treatment could have been the catalyst to his choice.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Muhammad ineligible

I suspect that he will have to pay back any money not eligible per the NCAA, and will have to sit out some games. Lots of speculation a few months ago that he might not get to play for 12 games or more. I am not sure if the China games would count against total games he has to sit out or not.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I suspect that he will have to pay back any money not eligible per the NCAA, and will have to sit out some games. Lots of speculation a few months ago that he might not get to play for 12 games or more. I am not sure if the China games would count against total games he has to sit out or not.
    No, those games should not count. I'd be fine with a reasonable suspension, say 8-12 games.

He'll get the standard "you cheated but you didnt' go to UK so it's just a suspension" treatment. I think that's in Section 4, subsection c, paragraph 2 "How to Selectively Enforce Eligibility Rules - UK Exception".

I'm glad he's not here. I know he's a super good player and all, but my gut says there will be issues all season with his eligibility.

Quote Originally Posted by chroix View Post
    I'm glad he's not here. I know he's a super good player and all, but my gut says there will be issues all season with his eligibility.
    He also doesn't always seem like a team guy either. Possibly a chemistry problem too.

When you have these kinds of issues don't let them play in the NCAA tourny. Lets get to the fact the first few games do not mean anything but the tourny is the money maker.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    When you have these kinds of issues don't let them play in the NCAA tourny. Lets get to the fact the first few games do not mean anything but the tourny is the money maker.
    Or if they sign with Ky just rule them ineligible forever.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire