Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Mizzou

Mizzou

New SEC team in the schedule, border state to us, 2nd SEC team to be such.
    Will they be a rival? How will we handle their spread?
    Discuss.

Re: Mizzou

Will they be a rival? If we step up and get our program into shape to make some good matchups with them, sure. Being the "northern" schools of a southern conference might give us a lot of commonality. It seems like a natural fit to me.

How will we handle their spread? Pull a Jeff Gillooly on James Franklin if he even starts looking better. Problem is they have some wicked receivers and our secondary plays like a bunch of freshmen. Because they are literally all freshmen. You don't need a proven quarterback to hit a receiver if the DBs can't stay within 10 yards. But regardless, I like our chances a lot better with their backup taking snaps and I daresay I may even have a bit of hope.
    Follow my insane ramblings on UK sports and this crazy world we live in: @UKSalsaKat

I have no hope we can handle the spread. We can't against any other team either.
    I see them as a bball rival as they will substitute one K(ansas) for another K(entucky). We will beat them down on the hardwood and the hatred will begin

^^^ The key difference there is that their fans might actually give a crap about us beating them in basketball and hope to return the favor, which is untrue of the rest of the conference save maybe Vanderbilt.
    Follow my insane ramblings on UK sports and this crazy world we live in: @UKSalsaKat

Rupp's Runt

I just don't see Kentucky winning the football game @ Missouri, especially without a QB & with such a weak set of DB's.
    I honestly do not see us winning an SEC football game this season.

They need to learn to refer to Kentucky as "UK"...not "KU". I always enjoy correcting them on that.

Mizzou fan..."Oh, you went to KU?"
    CatinIL..."No, I went to Kentucky"
    Mizzou fan..."You know what I mean"
    CatinIL then points to the west and says...
    "No, Kansas is in that direction..."
    CatinIL then points to the east and says...
    "Kentucky is in that direction"

Rupp's Runt

It's all the same to them. They don't even know the difference between a Wildcat and a glorified chickenhawk, don't ya know??

I was just saying I don't remember when it has been more quiet the week of a game than this week.

With Franklin out (I think), UK will stand a better chance, but I don't see this being a close game. UK matches up better with Georgia's offense than they do Missouri's offense, I believe. I know that sounds stupid, but it's the style of straight ahead versus spread that wreaks havoc.

I hope I'm wrong and it's a good game, with the good guys winning. We need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I was just saying I don't remember when it has been more quiet the week of a game than this week.

With Franklin out (I think), UK will stand a better chance, but I don't see this being a close game. UK matches up better with Georgia's offense than they do Missouri's offense, I believe. I know that sounds stupid, but it's the style of straight ahead versus spread that wreaks havoc.

I hope I'm wrong and it's a good game, with the good guys winning. We need it.
    Darrell, I know in StL it's all about the StL Cardinals, then the Rams (they stink) and the Blues (STRIKE season AGAIN!). It just isn't a big deal in StL...which is the biggest city in the state. Not that that will make a difference in the game, but in MO, It's all about the Redbirds...

Good point, CatinIL.

Two bad teams. Someone will get there first SEC win this season. We have played horrible this year on the road.

I hope we can get a win. We can't defend the speed to the outside and Mizzou has a little of that.
    They are equivalent to Vanderbilt in my mind and that is a level above UK right now.

I do too. I need a win. I an sure the boys in blue need it worse than I do.

Damn.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.