Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Rupp's Runt

Re: The "Badrose please post more pics here" thread

I love the Asian flavors!

Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

-The shot above is one of my favorites. We'd met in the NoDa district and just explored the space there. There was an old fashioned fire station there with one of those poles you slide down and talked about doing something with that before we walked around some more and found this hardcore gym, none of the latest equipment-just old fashioned stuff and a boxing ring with which she became obsessed.

Before I'd even had my first shoot this model became high on my wish list. She'd done some amazing work so I basically just followed her lead not knowing exactly what she had in mind. It was a slow day at the gym, a Saturday IIRC, and the gym manager was more than accomodating as you might imagine. Basically, she wanted to show off her agility and strength so she was in constant motion (there were a lot of blurred shots) but I managed to get several I could use.

She was a bit shorter than I'd imagined-about 5'4'-5'5" and easy to get along with. I wish I'd had another shoot with her before moving to Pinehurst. We still keep in touch via FB so maybe one day...

Beautiful work. I want to ask your opinion on editing programs. I work with a lady that is our photo/video guru and she told me you can't really trust any picture you see anymore do to the software available now. She proceeded to show me regular pictures I had taken and how she could enhance or manipulate them. She suggested I look at Lightroom(?) or even just photoshop. Your opinion?

Gotta go to work. I'll try to answer when I get back.

Quote Originally Posted by CGWildcat View Post
    Beautiful work. I want to ask your opinion on editing programs. I work with a lady that is our photo/video guru and she told me you can't really trust any picture you see anymore do to the software available now. She proceeded to show me regular pictures I had taken and how she could enhance or manipulate them. She suggested I look at Lightroom(?) or even just photoshop. Your opinion?
    First off, nothing beats getting the shot right. Lighting and focus can only be corrected so much. If you want to dip your toe in I recommend Picassa. It's free and easy to use and you can always undo and redo. It's very easy to use and it's the first program I use in my post editing for lighting, cropping, and color correcting. The second program I use is Corel Paintshop Pro. It features a "skin smoothing" tool that can soften or eliminate wrinkles, acne, uneven skin tone, etc.

Adobe Photoshop Elements is the best (unless you want to get freaky) but can be tedious to learn if you're a novice. At least that has been my experience. My advice would be to master the basics of photography first and second, and start off with Picassa for your editing.

Thank you. Now, a nice beginner camera and lens thats an upgrade from a Sony point and shoot??

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    First off, nothing beats getting the shot right. Lighting and focus can only be corrected so much. If you want to dip your toe in I recommend Picassa. It's free and easy to use and you can always undo and redo. It's very easy to use and it's the first program I use in my post editing for lighting, cropping, and color correcting. The second program I use is Corel Paintshop Pro. It features a "skin smoothing" tool that can soften or eliminate wrinkles, acne, uneven skin tone, etc.

Adobe Photoshop Elements is the best (unless you want to get freaky) but can be tedious to learn if you're a novice. At least that has been my experience. My advice would be to master the basics of photography first and second, and start off with Picassa for your editing.

What is your budget and what will you be shooting primarily?

Nice shoes
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Badrose, as far as $$$ for a camera I'm just not sure. 400-7/800??

Badrose, as far as $$$ for a camera I'm just not sure. 400-7/800??
    I prefer Canon products but there are a lot of Nikon devotees out there as well. The Canon Rebel line is a nice place to start. http://usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/p...55mm_is_ii_kit would be a nice place to start. Its sensor is cropped meaning it's not as large as the 35mm equivalent that used to be used in the film cameras. It's not a sacrifice at all for an enthusiast and you can use/buy lenses that can be compatible with the full size sensor cameras should you want to upgrade down the road. It also allows you to shoot video at 1080p. There are starter kits with this one that can get you under $900, some including two lenses. I have a T2i that I've enjoyed and use as a backup. The 18 megapixels is nothing to sneeze at and will give you all the detail you'll need unless you want to blow something up to poster size.
    Last edited by badrose; 12-02-2012 at 10:08 AM.

Can you make the picture just a bit longer. lol

Pan out pan out!!!!!
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

This is an outtake. There seems to have been a hair or something either on the lense or sensor and it was present in about 20 or more shots.

Working on setting up a shoot with this fitness competitor:

You do great work! I'm sure the ladies all appreciate your professional approach!

Working on setting up a shoot with this fitness competitor:

Well, it seems she's taken her page down. ***sigh*** We'd gotten everything nailed down except time and place. Very disappointed.

You do great work! I'm sure the ladies all appreciate your professional approach!
    I hope so. Like someone mentioned earlier, they are all someone's daughter. Having three daughters myself, that is never lost on me. I get the feeling some of the models I shoot do/did not have good fathers and would be easy to take advantage of, so I try to give them some helpful advice during the course of the shoots.

One of the models in this thread is 42 years old now. Her dad was/is a bum, her ex-husband, whom she married and had two sons with, is a bum as well, never paying child support. Her dad lives with her and has his friends come over and drink, eat, etc. and never cleans up, does dishes, etc. Photographers have stiffed her on payments, pictures from their shoots, etc. One actually dated her and seemed to care for her but after getting her to pose very erotically, dumped her. We were talking about TV shows during one shoot and she said she only watches one show. You'd never guess.....Little House on the Prairie reruns.... All of them. Broke my heart. She would call me occasionally and say she needed money for car insurance or something and we'd set something up and I'd give her some relatively small amount but we did this fairly frequently. She's done some really good work since then and I'm proud of her accomplishments.

I prefer Canon products but there are a lot of Nikon devotees out there as well. The Canon Rebel line is a nice place to start. http://usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/p...55mm_is_ii_kit would be a nice place to start. Its sensor is cropped meaning it's not as large as the 35mm equivalent that used to be used in the film cameras. It's not a sacrifice at all for an enthusiast and you can use/buy lenses that can be compatible with the full size sensor cameras should you want to upgrade down the road. It also allows you to shoot video at 1080p. There are starter kits with this one that can get you under $900, some including two lenses. I have a T2i that I've enjoyed and use as a backup. The 18 megapixels is nothing to sneeze at and will give you all the detail you'll need unless you want to blow something up to poster size.
    Not sure if this "helps" your discussion or not, just saw it....

slickdeals ‏@slickdeals

Canon EOS Digital Rebel T4i 18MP SLR Camera w/ 18-55mm Lens + Camera Bag & UV Filter $599 + Free Shipping http://j.mp/TZetra

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Not sure if this "helps" your discussion or not, just saw it....

slickdeals ‏@slickdeals

Canon EOS Digital Rebel T4i 18MP SLR Camera w/ 18-55mm Lens + Camera Bag & UV Filter $599 + Free Shipping http://j.mp/TZetra
    Can't beat that! Nice find. You should get one, D.