Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I hate Daylight Savings Time

Rupp's Runt

I hate Daylight Savings Time

It is a wonderful day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: I hate Daylight Savings Time

Always happy to spring forward.

Shoulder surgery has compromised my sleep schedule so much, the time change is basically going unnoticed.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

what freaking time is it?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

My wife didn't know about the time change. She was pretty confused this morning. I am more tired today. But 1000% worth it to have some day light to get stuff done in the evenings.

I saw a long line (10+ cars) in a Starbucks drive through at 4 pm this afternoon. Maybe they were wondering why they needed a pick me up today, but I knew.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

There were 15 people in line at a Dunkin Doughnuts in Cincinnati today, and a long line in drive thru at almost 12. Crazy.

Rupp's Runt

Our kids did not have school today. Just a random planned day off. I wonder if it was to give kids time to adjust.

Exhausted today beyond belief. Daughter ordered an Uber, but I was worried they wouldn't show up, so I got up at 3:45 ET anyway. Which was 2:45 my time. Which was 1:45 2 days ago.

I stayed up til 6, caught an hour nap. We didn't get back til after midnight last night trying to cram in all the visiting we can, so sleep takes a backseat.

Rupp's Runt

I wish that we could stay in this time without all of the "spring forward, fall backward" nonsense. I prefer Daylight Savings Time personally.
    MOLON LABE!

I had to get up at 4:30 yesterday (formerly 3:30) to get out the door to the airport at 5:00. Went to bed last night at 10:30. I think that’s really why they call it March Madness.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Aw crap, that is a hoot.
    seeya
    dan

Like it or not, until we fix this wobble in the spin of the planet it seems this time shift does the best job of matching the actual days we experience. Just me.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I found the cause of the wobble several years ago, and could have fixed the problem by moving the cause from the current location to one at sea just off the coast of Ireland, but the cause is not willing to be moved.

seeya
    dan

On Earth 2 they're not setting their clocks back tonight, because they never move their clocks forward.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Sleep in.

Tried to sleep in but woke up anyway. I might have gotten an extra 30 minutes in. It’s starting to get light out now, which is pretty cool, but I don’t like it much when it gets dark at 5:00 pm.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

The tab on the key broke in the lock of my Grandfather clock, I can’t open the door to adjust the time or pull the chains to wind it…so no turning back time just yet. This is going to drive me nuts for the next few days….Clock guy scheduled for Thursday.

Today just seems… Weird. The timing has thrown me all off.

For us it has been an easy transition.
    Spent the week in the central time zone and got used to the time difference. Headed north and home to the bluegrass yesterday, never reset my wife clock in the car, came in and set all of our clocks back an hour to match plus went out and set the old truck's clock to the "new" time. Went to bed and woke up at 5:00 AM on the dot...
    Ready to get back at it tomorrow morning, but I sure will miss spending the days with my best friend...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

I never feel it that I am really aware. Other than an extra hour of sleep then an hour less of sleep, but my sleep varies that much every night, usually far more.

I see stories now about how it's causing heart issues, lower productivity, you name it. For want of an hour?

I don't like that it gets dark so early, but i also don't like the last 3 weeks getting ready for work in the dark either. Neither feels "right" to me, but clearly what I don't like is not the artificial measurement of time we use, but the fact that winter just has less light.

I don't like winter. It's darker, drearier, colder. I think that may be a lot of the dislike of losing DST, b/c when you ask people it seems most want no time change, but then ask which one they want to keep and they seem pretty evenly split on the subject.

that tells me that more morning people want more morning light, more evening people want more evening light, but we all agree we just want more light, which we cannot change.

that's my .02 of the debate. For me the hour isn't a big deal, and falling on a weekend seems a good way to let it adjust without impacting work.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

For me, and my schedule, I’d rather have the extra hour of light in the evening. It doesn’t bother me getting up and getting ready for the day in the dark, by the time I’m out the door the sun is up. Of course, after the leaves get done falling I don’t have much to do outside in the evening anyway….

One good thing, prior to time change when I turn onto the street where I work,I am heading due east and at 8:30 the sun is blinding. Now the sun will be a little higher at 8:30 and isn’t quite as blinding.

Last edited by blueboss; 11-06-2023 at 06:35 AM.

My tow behind leaf sucker is not a quiet implement and I have never tried running it in the dark, so I am sure the neighborhood is going to love it when I f1re it up at dawn to rid my lawn of leaves. It will be dark when I get home in the afternoon so I really have no choice unless I want to wait for the weekend to vacuum, and my luck runs to rain on the weekend.
    seeya
    dan

Spent Sunday doing it by hand with a Leaf Blower and Vacuum combo. Beats having to hand rake them especially since we have only ornamental trees in our yard (2), but our neighbors have several large oak trees...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

I used the blower last year, this year I’m mulching.

Rupp's Runt

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Remember to go to bed early Saturday night so you don’t lose an hour of sleep…just in case go to bed early Sunday night too.

Good afternoon, my sleep deprived friends.