Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: woman on $20 bill?

woman on $20 bill?

Unforgettable

Re: woman on $20 bill?

I vote stay where we are

Don't understand the need to change, but I don't care if you give me enough of them, they can have minnie Pearl, Hillary Clinton, and bea Arthur on it.

Jackson is controversial?

I'm as pro-woman on issues as about any guy, but due to past social norms and discrimination I can't really think of a woman who has risen to the level of being on the primary currency.

Washington, Lincoln, Jackson, Grant, Franklin? In sheer impact it's just not there for any of the women at this point. It may happen, but not there yet.

Jackson and Grant were both Presidents and major war heroes and they are the lowest guys on the totem pole for the main currency. We're talking about people who were so important that all of history is changed if not for them. Rosa Parks is a key event, but civil rights was an inevitability. I'd be much more willing to consider MLK b/c he did singularly impact HOW the movement happened, in a largely non-violent way.

that's compared to Washington, without whom I doubt the revolution succeeds and certainly democracy was in trouble, LIncoln who guided the nation through its darkest days, Franklin who was the most singularly visionary person in American history, Madison who framed the Constitutional process, Jefferson who wrote the Declaration of independence and was the President who made the Louisiana Purchase, etc.

I hope we get one who is at that level someday, but we don't have one yet.

If they want to take Jackson off the $20, you need to go back in time and pick John Adams, but IMO you could drop Alexander Hamilton first, he's probably the least singularly important person on a major bill.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

Now this is just me, but the only woman on that list that I would consider being worthy of consideration would be Clara Barton. That's it, of all those women on the list.

Eleanor Roosevelt? Not no way, not no how. What does she bring to the party? Oh, she was the wife of a President? Is that it? Yeah, pretty much.
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Now this is just me, but the only woman on that list that I would consider being worthy of consideration would be Clara Barton. That's it, of all those women on the list.

Eleanor Roosevelt? Not no way, not no how. What does she bring to the party? Oh, she was the wife of a President? Is that it? Yeah, pretty much.
    I'd go Clara Barton or Rosa Parks, with Parks being symbolic of a greater movement only, and not for what small part she really played in it.

I really wish somebody would send me a few thousand of each type for comparison purposes.

Rupp's Runt

Rosa Parks certainly deserves recognition for her societal contribution, but not sure her small part in the desegregation movement rises to the same level as Clara Barton's endeavors on the battlefields of the Civil War trying to save the lives of troops from both sides, along with founding an organization that now has gone world-wide in its efforts to help all people everywhere when disasters strike.

I have a soft spot in my heart for the Red Cross. They notified my unit & my Company Commander of my Dad's passing while I was pulling a security detail in the Sinai Peninsula. So, were it not for Ms. Barton's efforts way back then, the way I was notified may not have been made possible. JMHO.
    MOLON LABE!

Fiddlin' Five

I'm going with Bruce Jenner

Heidi Fliess. She has made good use of a few 20's over the years
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I can always count on cattails and Doc for a smile...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Fiddlin' Five

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    I can always count on cattails and Doc for a smile...

What about Little Debbie? Everyone likes her.
    Attached Images Attached Images

If we're going that way I vote for Shirley Temple.

If we want to get the currency stronger abroad I recommend Scarlett Johansson.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Every since they put Barbara Bush on the $1.00 bill women have been lobbying hard to get another bill with a woman's picture on it.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

SALUTE!

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Dolly would have to be the $44 bill, wouldn't she?

woman on $20 bill?

Big money!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

woman on $20 bill?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429763974.886311.jpg

Another girl to "blow" your money on

Lets hope NOT. Imagine a 20 dollar bill with a pants suit and crankles.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

The wife and daughter say this lady..

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Monica on the front Hillary on the back...yikes!!

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429763974.886311.jpg

Another girl to "blow" your money on

She would be on a new denomination. The $69.00 bill?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Dolly would have to be the $44 bill, wouldn't she?
    Mint code would go from D to quadruple D?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    She would be on a new denomination. The $69.00 bill?
    Inflation makes the actual value $.69