Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

In honor of Snowpocalypse 2015

Everybody be careful out there.

At the stores, I mean.

Yeah, the roads might get bad here in Kentucky, too, but first things first.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Re: In honor of Snowpocalypse 2015

Yep, they're saying we could get our first significant snow fall of the year, looks to be worse for the southern half of KY and N. TN, our boys will be traveling late Monday or early Tuesday for an appointment with the Vols and history.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

NWS has increased Louisville forecast accumulations to 8-12 inches.

http://www.wlky.com/weather/Noon-GFS...pdate/31283794

Last time we had that much was in March 08 (8 inches), but it was one of those late winter/early spring snows that melted pretty quickly. We're going to have the coldest temps of the winter coming in behind this, so this will be around awhile.

I'm dealing with a bad cold, so Mrs. BEvans is at the store right now getting supplies. Keep her in your prayers.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I went to the local store this morning not thinking about the weather forecast. People were very cordial, but traffic jams were happening in every aisle. I only had 7 things on my list to purchase, things the Mrs. forgot on her last trip to the store. I was in no hurry and people watching, while there, was quite entertaining. No fights broke out but I did guard my loaf of rye bread quite closely.

We have plenty of food in the pantry, auxiliary heat in case the big E goes on the fritz, and candles and batteries by the dozens. We lack a generator as I have never found that we really needed one, but I may regret it if the big E is not available and I have to miss the next b'ball game
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Fortunately for us, the forecast has changed and it is going to be about 60 miles north of us. That's good, because we are unprepared for winter weather.

I have a fireplace and a portable generator that I've never used (and resides at a friend's house maybe 20 miles away). Glad we don't need that stuff often.

Everybody be safe in the snow and ice zone.

I bought a generator at an auction (shocker), but I could use some gas for it. There's a full tank in the car, guess I'll siphon it if it comes to that.

We put in unvented gas long ago to have supplemental heat, but it makes a good backup as well. What I haven't done is get a backup for the igniter on the tankless hot water heater.

Sounds like lots of snow though, not ice or freezing rain, so hopefully the power situation wont' be too bad. I hope.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Fortunately for us, the forecast has changed and it is going to be about 60 miles north of us.
    I hope the jet stream stays north of the Birmingham contingent. If it dips south over night, you might see some freezing rain.
    seeya
    dan

Rupp's Runt

The projected forecast for SW Florida tomorrow is: Partly sunny, with a high temperature of 75*, partly cloudy and clear tomorrow night, low of 55*.

It's rough, but somebody's gotta do it!
    MOLON LABE!

Oh trust me, I think harder all the time about finding a job in Key West as a cook or something, sell everything to get a small place to live and make enough to cover my bar tab, drink myself to an early but very warm grave in the Key west cemetery.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post

I hope the jet stream stays north of the Birmingham contingent. If it dips south over night, you might see some freezing rain.
    The good news for me is, although my address is Birmingham, I live a good 15 miles south of the city, and in a different County. I'm feeling pretty good right now.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Oh trust me, I think harder all the time about finding a job in Key West as a cook or something, sell everything to get a small place to live and make enough to cover my bar tab, drink myself to an early but very warm grave in the Key west cemetery.
    When I was younger I thought I wanted to live someplace with a change of seasons.

When I was younger, I was an idiot.

BTW, here's a pic of the milk section at my local Kroger around 7 last night:

FullSizeRender.jpg

Rupp's Runt

CBBN, the Keys are nice just about all year long. The penalty for living there though, is having to deal with hurricane season, and the higher cost of living. Aside from those two items, it's pretty dang nice.
    MOLON LABE!

It's not cheap, esp if you try to get housing on the island, but I do love it there. I thought about getting a boat (I don't know the first thing about them) so for hurricanes I can just motor my butt out of there, lol. Even the boat option is crazy expensive though, they charge a fortune for a slip there.

Gets pretty hot there in the summer at times, but I can take that. If I got a place it would be up as high as I could get, you'd have damage issues from storms but probably not flooding.

Rupp's Runt

Speaking of which.........you guys know that my daughter works at Shands Hospital in Gainesville........I spent a bunch of money on property in the Philippines for a retirement spot in 2010........not long after my dear daughter starts working up there, she hits me with "Dad, when you retire you can just move to Gainesville! The hospital has its own security, and all they hire is retired cops!"..........and then the next day the Boss says "Honey, when you retire, why don't we just move to Gainesville so we can be close to J.........."........now I just know these two girls are not conspiring against me.........are they?
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Speaking of which.........you guys know that my daughter works at Shands Hospital in Gainesville........I spent a bunch of money on property in the Philippines for a retirement spot in 2010........not long after my dear daughter starts working up there, she hits me with "Dad, when you retire you can just move to Gainesville! The hospital has its own security, and all they hire is retired cops!"..........and then the next day the Boss says "Honey, when you retire, why don't we just move to Gainesville so we can be close to J.........."........now I just know these two girls are not conspiring against me.........are they?
    I might be interested in the Philippines property
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I might be interested in the Philippines property
    Maybe we can do a time share. I'm thinking about becoming an expat. I think I should be like the guy in Kill Bill2, Bill's "father", but without the ugly hookers.

Rupp's Runt

Since I've dpoken with you on the phone a couple of times, CBBN, I don't think you can pull off that cheesy Mexican accent as well as Michael Parks did.................j/s.
    MOLON LABE!

suncat, as a husband, and father of a daughter, I can promise those two women are conspiring against you. I do not know your particular family dynamnic, but I do know that my wife would never retire to a place that was further than 50 miles from her daughter and grandchildren. If mama ain't happy no one is happy. Time to check out the security guard opportunities in the Gainsville area.
    seeya
    dan

BTW, back to the original topic, measured snowfall at casa dan_bgblue is 11.25 inches and accumulating snow appears to be over. I heard on the news that the governor has declared the commonwealth of KY to be in a state of emergency.
    seeya
    dan

not sure what Lexvegas got but it's a bunch.

Saw the official report thus far is 9.3", looks about right.

In my little neck of the woods it was 9.5", no drift.
    I hate winter.
    And so does my aching back...
    Last edited by BigBluePappy; 02-16-2015 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Originally said 9.5' - it wasn't quite that bad...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

suncat, as a husband, and father of a daughter, I can promise those two women are conspiring against you. I do not know your particular family dynamnic, but I do know that my wife would never retire to a place that was further than 50 miles from her daughter and grandchildren. If mama ain't happy no one is happy. Time to check out the security guard opportunities in the Gainsville area.
    X2. Dan's right. No question about it.

Rupp's Runt

Now she's talking about 6 months in the Philippines and 6 months in Florida. I guess she thinks we belong on an episode of Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.................so I guess I'm going to need to win the stinkin' Powerball lottery........it is 72* and partly sunny here in SW Florida, with today's high expected to be about 81*, and a low temperature for tonight expected to be 57* with clear skies. Just wanted to share the sunshine with you guys...........
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Now she's talking about 6 months in the Philippines and 6 months in Florida. I guess she thinks we belong on an episode of Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.................so I guess I'm going to need to win the stinkin' Powerball lottery........it is 72* and partly sunny here in SW Florida, with today's high expected to be about 81*, and a low temperature for tonight expected to be 57* with clear skies. Just wanted to share the sunshine with you guys...........

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Love the pic
    seeya
    dan

Rupp's Runt

Love the pic
    Yeah, that is absolutely a great pic! kingcat is on point, as usual!
    MOLON LABE!