Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: "I can't breathe!"

Fab Five

"I can't breathe!"

Well, our good friends at the Southern Poverty Law Center in Montgomery, AL, have picked up the torch for those who have been tortured by our local School Resource Officers. Students who were maced by the SRO's have filed suit for incidents in 2010 in which they were pepper sprayed. SPLC has claimed their has to be a better way than to spray chemicals on our school children. These poor children were choking. They "couldn't breathe" Sound familiar? What do they expect the officers to do in breaking up a fight? Put the students in a stranglehold? Draw a revolver? Pull a billy club? Good freaking Grief!

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/in...l#incart_river
    Last edited by MickintheHam; 01-21-2015 at 03:49 PM.

Fab Five

Re: "I can't breathe!"

..........and, as always with the Birmingham News, the reader comments are outrageous!

"I thought I went blind.
    My mom said that would happen
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    ..........and, as always with the Birmingham News, the reader comments are outrageous!
    My favorite comment is this one ... "Pepper spray is racist. I'm sure the SPLC can make a compelling argument." Yes, Pepper spay is racist! Damn pepper spay only burn minorities.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    My mom said that would happen
    LOL. My favorite comments was about the hoses.

Unforgettable

I can tell you that stuff is not racist, I was helping two police officers corral a bad boy at a football game. Leaned over the railing and grabbed the guy from behind around the neck and when they tried to spray him the jerk ducked and guess who caught the whole load right in the eyes. Man that stuff is bad news

Pepper Spray is racist. They use Salt Spray for Caucasians.

Unforgettable

Now I know why my hair has thinned out

Sounds like a good liberal judge

Abdul Kallon will not suffer any fools. I pass no judgment on the merits of the case, but if I were the Southern Poverty Law Center I would not be happy with that draw.

Fiddlin' Five

I am older than most on this board, some are close, but when I was in HS I remember "Joe Brown" the principle, you did not want to go down in the basement with this guy, you got a spanking that was from a big paddle. The ones that went down there didn't want to go down there again. I never went because I "feared" the basement!! The kids today have no reason to act other than how they wanted, carry guns, bring in drugs, etc, etc. It's out of control. Where I went to school OHS in Owensboro now has a police officer on duty there, we didn't need that when I was there. Spare the rod spoil the child, that is where we are today. My children (3), started working when they were about 8 (just like I did) and when they got in trouble they picked out their own switch (thin by mistake), but they learned respect. All my children are hard working and successful people today. Did I do something wrong?????????????

Rupp's Runt

Every kid gets in some kind of trouble in school, or most do, anyway. It's all pert of the human condition, nobody is perfect. I seldom got in any trouble, and the reason was that I feared & respected my parents. I feared their wrath, and respected them because they always treated me as I was supposed to be treated. They taught, managed, guided, counselled, consoled, praised and disciplined as needed. And I needed a lot of all of it. But when I messed up, I knew what time it was and what was coming.
    Of course, having gone to Catholic schools from grades 1-12, I also respected the nuns & priests & lay teachers as well. And yeah, I was scared as hell of those older nuns because every last one of them absolutely swung a mean ruler on knuckles or backside, as needed. With my parents permission. And when I messed up there, not only did I get the business at school, but the phone rang at my house and then I got the business again from my parents. So I learned quickly. There is an order to everything in life, and if you're fortunate enough to have great parents as I did, your life after your parents should be smooth. JMHO. Yours may differ.
    MOLON LABE!

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Every kid gets in some kind of trouble in school, or most do, anyway. It's all pert of the human condition, nobody is perfect. I seldom got in any trouble, and the reason was that I feared & respected my parents. I feared their wrath, and respected them because they always treated me as I was supposed to be treated. They taught, managed, guided, counselled, consoled, praised and disciplined as needed. And I needed a lot of all of it. But when I messed up, I knew what time it was and what was coming.
    Of course, having gone to Catholic schools from grades 1-12, I also respected the nuns & priests & lay teachers as well. And yeah, I was scared as hell of those older nuns because every last one of them absolutely swung a mean ruler on knuckles or backside, as needed. With my parents permission. And when I messed up there, not only did I get the business at school, but the phone rang at my house and then I got the business again from my parents. So I learned quickly. There is an order to everything in life, and if you're fortunate enough to have great parents as I did, your life after your parents should be smooth. JMHO. Yours may differ.
    At Seneca we lived in fear of Coach Wilson the assistant principal, who every afternoon walked the halls with his oversized paddle. Occassionally, you would sit in the classroom and hear him address someone in the halls without a pass. The next thing you heard was a loud "Whack!". He wasn't above giving the young girls a little tap on the tush, either. Don't ever remember any fights at school.

You all are bunch of woosies! -In HS we ate pepper spray and pooped mace!

In HS, sitting in home room, we once had a car battery thrown thru our classroom window because the school narc was filming students (from the classroom window) smoking pot in the parking lot.

Mr Combs (my soccer coach who also coached wrestling) broke a school desk over a kids head for stealing M&M money

Mr Graves was arrested for having sex above the pool area with Jr and Sr girls during school hours.

My best friend got beat up and his dope money stolen by a inner city gang, spent 2 days in ICU

Knife fights were a weekly occurance

Of course I attended Central High School. Got to love Busing!