Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Oklahoma to ban hoodies

In a proposed bill.

http://www.abajournal.com/mobile/art...ies_in_public/

Will they reimburse me my investment in the 50 hoodies I've bought for my family the past few years? That's probably close. I myself this year have bought a soccer hoodie, a UK hoodie, a target brand, dry fit type hoodie for exercise, a Miami hoodie, a Tulane hoodie, and tried to buy a ulm hoodie. Bought more for my kids, and a couple for my wife.

I get that some crooks use them to partially disguise themselves. There's already a law that makes it a crime to wear one while committing a crime (enhances it, I guess). But where do we draw the line? I can't wear a Kentucky hoodie to a football game when it's 40 degrees? Or a soccer hoodie to my son's tournaments?

Rupp's Runt

Re: Oklahoma to ban hoodies

I agree with you Darrell. This proposed bill reeks of legislative overreach and in the end would be too restrictive for any law abiding citizen, much less a scumbag criminal that isn't going to obey the law anyway.
    I seldom agree with the ACLU about very much, but they're right about this proposed bill.
    MOLON LABE!

I see it provide exceptions for religious attire, inclement weather, Halloween costumes, parades and other circumstances. Does this exempt leather bondage masks too?

Just wondering if I need to change my travel plans to Oklahoma
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I see it provide exceptions for religious attire, inclement weather, Halloween costumes, parades and other circumstances. Does this exempt leather bondage masks too?

Just wondering if I need to change my travel plans to Oklahoma
    I have a near religious allegiance to Kentucky, does that mean I can wear that hoodie?

If it's chilly, does that constitute inclement weather? If it's cold, I wear a coat or heavy jacket. Hoodies don't work then. If it's raining, I want a raincoat or water resistant jacket of some sort.

I just hate legislation like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I have a near religious allegiance to Kentucky, does that mean I can wear that hoodie?

If it's chilly, does that constitute inclement weather? If it's cold, I wear a coat or heavy jacket. Hoodies don't work then. If it's raining, I want a raincoat or water resistant jacket of some sort.

I just hate legislation like this.
    When it's cold here I wear a hoodie and a jacket or coat.

I do not wear Hoodies, I wear hooded sweatshirts.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I don't own one myself, and have no doubt anyone who does is either a criminal or a lawyer, so banning them seems like a sound plan.

What do they do if you walk in in full body Carharts with the hood up, shoot you? I get the issue, but it's a silly law.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I do not wear Hoodies, I wear hooded sweatshirts.
    Not if that law passes, you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Not if that law passes, you don't.
    Civil disobedience.

I visited Oklahoma once to see the salt flats. I did not leave anything behind that I recall, and know several routes that will get me where I want to go that do not involve driving thru that state, so yes, I will be wearing my hooded sweatshirt when the weather calls for it
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Why don't they do something useful, like banning capri pants?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.