Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Spectator walking stick seats

Big test tomorrow morning. Will be leaving Birmingham at about 6:15 a.m. headed to Prattville Country Club, in Prattville, Alabama, for the first golf tournament of the year. Tee time will be approximately 8:50 a.m.

We will arrive at about 7:30 a.m. for the girls to hit the driving range and warm-up. Forecast tomorrow is showers. I am very tempted to rent a golf cart tomorrow and ride the 18 holes, but I'll get my exercise in and walk. Plus parents are allowed to help locate lost golf balls (but not to talk to players), so I'll be more mobile walking anyway.

Should get that walkstool a good workout tomorrow. I will have it out of the bag, and the legs extended the entire time and just carry it in my hands. It is very light-weight.

I may carry a backpack; not sure about that.

Back might be a bit much, but a fanny pack would come in handy for those "found" golf balls
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I'm thinking water bottle and dry socks right now. Maybe some sort of snack. Nothing more.

I have a gym sack kinda thing, very lightweight that I'll carry I guess.

This thing is great. I'm on hole 6 with it, and it is absolutely perfect for my needs.

If it does not crumble on you before the end of the round, I will have to add it to my meager Christmas list.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    If it does not crumble on you before the end of the round, I will have to add it to my meager Christmas list.
    On hole 17 (girls play slowly). Worth it. I owe you.

The real key to me is how light it is. Very easy to grab and walk, leaving legs fully extended, requiring no effort to place it down again and sit on it.

I walked 6.79 miles today on the course, stopping frequently. One thing that I did not realize is that I could use it as a portable, temporary table when I wanted to continue to stand. The seat is large and easily held my drawstring bag and gatorade bottle.

The drawstring bag had my rain jacket and pants, extra water bottle, pair of dry socks, and range finder.

Perfect day. Daughter had a great day, personal record, 3rd best on her team of 6,and I was thrilled to see some excellent shots (with plenty of the other kind, but we won't talk about those). I enjoyed it that much more by always having a reasonably comfortable seat to sit in. I'm not one to waste money, but hopefully this will last a long time, and I love the product. Six hours on the course with it today and I feel I almost have my money's worth already.

Soccer tournament this weekend.

22 degrees right now. Of course we draw the earliest match time today.

Will use the walkstool today and tomorrow unless it is too cold to sit.

Sat on it for two 30 minute halves this morning. Very comfortable. And Birmingham has hills, such that if you're sitting "down" you may not see the players feet 80+ yards away from you due to the curvature of the geography, but sitting up that high I could see fine. Towered over parents in regular chairs.

I could see going 75 cm rather than 65 if I were two inches taller, but I am very happy with the size.

Thanks for sharing all the info. I have only one question and that is the seat on the one you got 16"? I am not sure how you measure a triangle seat but am sure it would either be the length of one leg of the triangle or the altitude measured from the middle of one of the legs to the tip of the opposite point.

Thanks
    seeya
    dan

Thanks for sharing all the info. I have only one question and that is the seat on the one you got 16"? I am not sure how you measure a triangle seat but am sure it would either be the length of one leg of the triangle or the altitude measured from the middle of one of the legs to the tip of the opposite point.

Thanks
    I will measure it and post later.

Dan, from side to side it is about 17.5 inches. It is 16 inches across the seat. Here's a pic of each (complete with my daughter's hand, a throw pillow in the floor, and a coat hanger. Accessories not included).

ForumRunner_20150308_205454.jpg

ForumRunner_20150308_205513.jpg

You da man. Thanks very much. I have wheedled permission to order my Christmas present early. I am really looking forward to having it in the kit.

Oh yes, please thank your daughter for me for her assistance.
    seeya
    dan

You da man. Thanks very much. I have wheedled permission to order my Christmas present early. I am really looking forward to having it in the kit.

Oh yes, please thank your daughter for me for her assistance.
    No, I owe you the thanks. I am really enjoying it.

You can take a look at the pic and compare it to the other things I was going to get, and see how much better it is.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I am.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 03-08-2015 at 10:11 PM.

One more pic, Dan.
    This is me sitting on it. You can see the bend of knee.

I'm longer in the torso than legs. 6' tall, 31" pants leg. This is the 26", 65cm model.

ForumRunner_20150308_223042.jpg

Hitting course for 9 hole match now. Next workout for the walkstool, if my wife brings it.

Loonnnng waits leading to extended sitting opportunities today. Slow.....

Their 9 hole match was 3 hours long yesterday.

I was sitting on the walkstool as I saw my daughter make her first ever two-putt par, missing a 12' birdie putt, her first ever. The ball circled the hole as she made a great attempt at it. I'm not sure I would've fallen off the stool like the Georgia State coach, but it was pretty exciting.

Darrell, I am ready to place an order for one and I wonder if the model number happens to be on a tag on the seat, or if you happen to still have the receipt would it be on it. I just want the best shot at getting the same model you wound up with
    seeya
    dan

I will find it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That's from my order, but they have jacked the price up $30. I got the 65cm one. I am sure prices are better elsewhere .

Edit - I bought it for $76, but Amazon changed the seller at that link because my seller is out of them, The professional Depot. Walkstool itself is now the seller at that link, at a higher price.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 05-17-2015 at 08:12 PM.

Thank you very much. B&H Camera stii had them at a good price a few days ago. Hope they have them in stock tomorrow

The Brown truck delivered mine today. It is everything you said it is and maybe a bit more. Stability is better than I ever thought it could be. I do wish that they had a height between 26" and 30". Goldilocks would have proclaimed a 28" tall model to be "just right", but I am very satisfied with what I got. If it holds up for a few years, it will have been money well spent. Will let me take photos of the grandkids from their eye level in complete comfort.
    seeya
    dan

The Brown truck delivered mine today. It is everything you said it is and maybe a bit more. Stability is better than I ever thought it could be. I do wish that they had a height between 26" and 30". Goldilocks would have proclaimed a 28" tall model to be "just right", but I am very satisfied with what I got. If it holds up for a few years, it will have been money well spent. Will let me take photos of the grandkids from their eye level in complete comfort.
    Outstanding. I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed mine. Thank you for the excellent suggestion.

I'm at a soccer camp with my son. Wife dropped us off at 7:30 this morning and will retrieve us after 6pm. I go to and from the hotel, to and from various soccer fields, and such and the walkstool has been a Godsend. Light enough to stick in my backpack, and portable and sturdy enough to support me wherever and whenever I need.

Love my Walkstool.

Another soccer season completed and the Walkstool performed great. It rides in my bag with my tripod and small video camera bag, and I place it beside the tripod when I am recording. If I'm feeling lazy, I can record while sitting in it or otherwise it is for halftime, or a quick injury break, etc.

Still going strong. Very portable and nice height!

Spectator walking stick seats

Just finished my son's high school spring season, and walkstool accompanied me all over the state and into Georgia. That has been one of the best products I've ever used.

Dan, thank you again. My needs for it will drop from 50 times a year to maybe 5-10, but this thing has been great. It resides in the back of my car unless we're taking my wife's car for whatever reason, as it is always with me. Shows no signs of wear.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 05-18-2019 at 10:48 PM.

Dan, I hope yours is still holding up well. I'd be surprised if it is not. Without back support, it's not your ideal "sit and watch a game" kind of thing, but if you're doing photography of the action, it's great.

I have not managed to tear it up yet and it is still riding around in the back floor board of my crew cab. It rides with my tripod, my golf umbrella, and my Canon S5 IS. I consider it to be money well spent.
    seeya
    dan