Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Play KSR Game Contest Kentucky v Eastern Kentucky

1. Predict the Kentucky margin of victory. If you believe that Kentucky will lose, make sure that you make it clearly known with a -- [minus sign], or something else.

2. Predict the game high scorer, AND the total number of points he will score in the game. NOTE--it does not have to be a Kentucky player for this KSR point.

3. Predict the total number of points KENTUCKY'S leading scorer will have--doesn't matter who, just how many points our top scorer will get.

4. The White Stuff - Predict the total output of points scored by the White platoon, consisting of Tyler Ulis, Devin Booker, Trey Lyles, Marcus Lee and Dakari Johnson.

TB - total UK offensive rebounds.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 12-07-2014 at 12:41 PM.

1. UK +37
    2. Aaron Harrison, 17
    3. 15
    4. 41

TB- 17

Re: Play KSR Game Contest Kentucky v Eastern Kentucky

UK +44
    towns 19

1. UK by 28

2. Dakari Johnson w/16

3. see number 2 (16).

4. 44

TB - 20

Good luck![/QUOTE]
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Play KSR Game Contest Kentucky v Eastern Kentucky

1) Cats by 32

2) D Booker18

3) 18

4) 48

TB) 16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Andrew H. 17

1. UK by 38
    2. Walden, 19
    3. 17
    4. 31
    TB: 15
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

Darrell, Doc... when in the HELL are you going to step up and re-take your normal places in the pantheon of the vaunted KSR Game Contest Hall of Fame and WHIP BOSSMAN'S ASS???

I am tied with him because I got LUCKY and guessed a 48-point victory, but he just keeps stepping up. YOU guys are the normal nerds of gamedom here... you gonna keep lettin' the bossman steal y'all's thunder or WHUT???

UK 40
    towns 17

samusng alpha schutzhülle
    Last edited by ralphtt; 12-08-2014 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphtt View Post
    UK 40
    towns 17

samusng alpha schutzhülle

Typically the predictions are made prior to the game, not 2 hrs afterward
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    Darrell, Doc... when in the HELL are you going to step up and re-take your normal places in the pantheon of the vaunted KSR Game Contest Hall of Fame and WHIP BOSSMAN'S ASS???

I am tied with him because I got LUCKY and guessed a 48-point victory, but he just keeps stepping up. YOU guys are the normal nerds of gamedom here... you gonna keep lettin' the bossman steal y'all's thunder or WHUT???
    I'm not allowed to comment until Darrell makes it official.

Anybody know anything about this Columbia team???

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post

I'm not allowed to comment until Darrell makes it official.

Anybody know anything about this Columbia team???

Who gave blueboss permission to talk?

Yes sir! May I have another?

http://www.naturesongs.com/cricket1.wav

1) Cats by 32
    Hey, you "missed." OK, you were "kinda" close, but you missed by a whole point. Guess we'll give you the KSR point here anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    towns 19
    This is more like what we expect from our players, rising to the standard. A perfect selection, not only of the correct high scoring player, but also the number of points he scored.

2nd KSR point here.

EDIT--just a point of clarification for future reference here. Richardson for EKU also had 19 points. Had someone selected Richardson, but picked some number other than 19, UKFlounder would've still been awarded the only KSR point here. The point total is a "mini-tiebreaker" of sorts.

Had nothing to do with this contest v EKU, but thought I'd use it in case it comes up in the future.

3) 18

Because UKFlounder out-stategeried himself and didn't go with his "real" prediction, blueboss earns the 3rd KSR point!

I blame UKFlounder.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    With Ulis out, everybody went too high--but yours would've probably been very, very close with Ulis on the court, and even with him not, it was the best pick. The total was 21 (0 Ulis, 4 Booker, 10 Lyles, 7 Johnson).

4th point to UKFlounder.

Tiebreaker between blueboss' excellent picks (yes, I give you credit), and UKFlounder, with both gentlemen having excellent contest entries.

Tiebreaker is the total number of offensive rebounds--Kentucky had 10.

Blueboss had 16, and UKFlounder 21, so "da boss" grabs yet another HOF Induction. He is on a roll for sure. Nicely done.

FWIW, you give me too much credit, but you're on the money with Doc. For whatever reason(s), I try hard, but I think I outthink myself on this game, and I'm not very good at it. Doc, on the other hand, has been a master of the game.

I'm rededicating myself to the game and will begin studying for tomorrow night's game now. I'll take the next two days off from work analyzing trends, statistics, studying tape, and then trying to figiure out the "variable" question that will insure I get it right, as well as the tiebreaker, so it will insure a smooth win for me.

And I'll still probably go scoreless lol. But I'll try. May put it up shortly just so I don't forget.

I've not gotten into it as much this year...yet. This year is way to tough and to be honest (and no disrespect intended to any winners) its a bit of a crap shoot winning. I see this as more of a roulette type game than a game of where you can actually predict. I mean based on the skill set of UK, you can have any one of 8 players be the high scorer and match ups don't come into play. In the past I'd look for match ups, see who has the advantage, etc.... that no longer comes in play. Part of that is because we have platoons, part is because we have no "go to guy", part is because we have 6 guys who are capable of dominating a game, part is because we are such a defensively focused team. What makes UK so unbeatable is also what makes predicting who will have a statistically strong game impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I've not gotten into it as much this year...yet. This year is way to tough and to be honest (and no disrespect intended to any winners) its a bit of a crap shoot winning. I see this as more of a roulette type game than a game of where you can actually predict. I mean based on the skill set of UK, you can have any one of 8 players be the high scorer and match ups don't come into play. In the past I'd look for match ups, see who has the advantage, etc.... that no longer comes in play. Part of that is because we have platoons, part is because we have no "go to guy", part is because we have 6 guys who are capable of dominating a game, part is because we are such a defensively focused team. What makes UK so unbeatable is also what makes predicting who will have a statistically strong game impossible.
    Good points. It just may be a tough game this year.

Any suggested tweaks? Have the 3rd KSR point be the leading UK scorer in a selected group (usually platoon?) or maybe select groups like, highest 2G scorer, Aaron or Devin, and points? More assists, Andrew or Tyler, and how many? Or maybe select a "line," like Andrew, 4 assists, and you have to pick over /under or push?

I thought I would like #3 being total points for UK high scorer but I think that's too boring. And maybe we can add a little skill set back.

I may give that a try for tomorrow and see how we like it.

How about using negative a stat point. Such as the Cat with the most TO's plus fouls, etc...

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Good points. It just may be a tough game this year.

Any suggested tweaks? Have the 3rd KSR point be the leading UK scorer in a selected group (usually platoon?) or maybe select groups like, highest 2G scorer, Aaron or Devin, and points? More assists, Andrew or Tyler, and how many? Or maybe select a "line," like Andrew, 4 assists, and you have to pick over /under or push?

I thought I would like #3 being total points for UK high scorer but I think that's too boring. And maybe we can add a little skill set back.

I may give that a try for tomorrow and see how we like it.

No, no suggestions for changes other than getting a team that isn't so talented (LOL).

PS: I do like Dave's suggestion. Set a benchmark as an over/under type thing.

I've adopted the suggestions you guys have made, and really like the "Over/Under" one, combined with the "Bad Cat" one.

Each game we'll pick out a different "over/under" benchmark, and you'll have to predict whether he'll go over or under the benchmark. Might be points, steals, turnovers, 3-pt FGs made, whatever.

The "Bad Cat" one can be manipulated a little, too. First game was Dave's suggestion of turnovers plus fouls. We can combine more than one, or go with 5 separate ones. Missed FGs. Missed 3-pt FGs. Missed FTs. Turnovers. Fouls. Can rotate those around, or combine them. Lot of different permutations. Or can even do things like pick out the player who will score the least number of points, compared to his average (e.g., if he averages 10ppg, and scores 2, he's -8). Or rebounds, or blocked shots.

That, of course, brings to mind--and I want this to still be a simple game, so I didn't do it this game--about the possibility of a 5th KSR point, one for a "Top Cat," the opposite of Bad Cat. This could be the player who has the most points, or most rebounds, or most steals, or most assists, or most made FTs, most made 3-pt FGs, best assist/turnover ratio; best shooting percentage with minimum number of attempts, etc.

Think adding a 5th KSR point is a good idea, bad idea? Is it getting too far away from the nature of a simple game?

Let me know your thoughts. I think you've already improved the game for this year with the suggestions you've made; if this is a further improvement, we'll go with it beginning next week. If it doesn't improve it, we'll abandon it.

Or an alternative--swap out "Bad Cat" with "Top Cat" from game to game.

Comments appreciated.

I admit to being "overly positive" when it comes to the Cats, but I must say I prefer Top to Bad, FWIW, or at the very least, having both. Either is fine with me. Just my two cents.

Krank, after careful consideration--meaning, while I allow the tacos to settle before heading to basketball practice tonight--

I think we're going to rotate them--one game, we'll have a "Top Cat," and pick a positive attribute; one game we'll have a "Bad Cat," and pick a negative one. Not necessarily an exact rotation, may be randomly done, but just to keep it spiced up a little, while not overly complicating it. It's meant to be a simple game, but one that you can study, analyze, and answer the questions with matchups, trends, whatever, like Doc said. I like leaving it at 4 questions for now.

I also like the "benchmark" over/under one. We'll focus on different Cats from game to game to give us a variety of looks.

Sounds good Darrell.

Somebody burp Darrell please. He is suffering from settling tacos.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Krank, after careful consideration--meaning, while I allow the tacos to settle before heading to basketball practice tonight--

I think we're going to rotate them--one game, we'll have a "Top Cat," and pick a positive attribute; one game we'll have a "Bad Cat," and pick a negative one. Not necessarily an exact rotation, may be randomly done, but just to keep it spiced up a little, while not overly complicating it. It's meant to be a simple game, but one that you can study, analyze, and answer the questions with matchups, trends, whatever, like Doc said. I like leaving it at 4 questions for now.

I also like the "benchmark" over/under one. We'll focus on different Cats from game to game to give us a variety of looks.
    Does this mean you won't be participating in the suicides with the rest of the team this evening.

Does this mean you won't be participating in the suicides with the rest of the team this evening.
    Coaching does come with certain privileges.