Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: My newest baby (guitar)

My newest baby (guitar)

Been waiting on this for about 2 months due to a back order. Arrived just prior to thanksgiving so have not had a lot of time on it yet but thus far I love the sound. Has that great vintage 60's tone and sustain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Doc; 12-02-2014 at 06:50 AM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

My newest baby (guitar)

As you can see I still have room for one more guitar on my wall of sound. I've got a Yamaha, an Ibanez, the new Rickenbacker, a Dean and the Fender P bass. Probably go with a Music Man, eventually

I've found the Rick a little tough to play though especially coming off the fender as my primary guitar. The neck on the rick is super high gloss and I still play a lot by sighting on the fretboard. Also the 12th fret isnt double marked on the face as it is on all my other guitars so that reference is gone. Just one of those crutches that novices use. This is also the only one with a pickup guard. I love the look of the guard but it takes some getting used to.

Last edited by Doc; 12-02-2014 at 06:56 AM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Re: My newest baby (guitar)

I assume you have some Roto-Sounds on that baby? Or some round wounds anyway.

Beautiful guitar Ron, and a classic.

Last edited by kingcat; 12-02-2014 at 11:30 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

My newest baby (guitar)

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    I assume you have some Roto-Sounds on that baby? Or some round wounds anyway.
    ]
    Absolutely