Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who replaces Joker?

Re: Who replaces Joker?

Chuck Martin- Notre Dame Offensive Coordinator
    Per NCAA.org
    Total Offense -76th (UK-113th) (Florida, South Carolina, Vandy, Mizzou, UK and Auburn are all SEC teams ranked lower than ND)
    Total Yards- 2326 (UK 2145)
    Total Plays/Yards per play 409/5.69 (UK 442/4.85)
    Touchdowns 19 (UK 17)
    Total Yards per game 387.67 (UK 306.43)

3rd down Conversion
    ND- #52 34/79 43.04
    UK- #57 41/98 41.84

4th down Conversion
    ND- T57 2/4 50%
    UK- T117(last) 0/10 0%

First Down Offense
    ND- T57
    63- Rushing
    53- Passing
    13- Penalty
    129- Total
    21.5 Per Game

Kentucky -105
    40- Rushing
    72- Passing
    12- Penalty
    124- Total
    17.71 Per Game

Passing Offense
    ND- 86th
    100/167 59.88% 3 INTs
    1239 Passing Yards
    7.42 Yards Per Attempt
    13 TD
    206.5 YPG
    1.8 INT%
    12.39 Yards Per Completion

Kentucky 93rd
    142/244 58.2%
    9 INTs
    1397 Passing Yards
    5.73 YPA
    10 TDs
    199.57 YPG
    3.69 INT%
    9.84 YPC

Rushing
    ND 47th
    242 attempts, 1087 yards, 4.49 YPC, 13 TDs 181.17 YPG

Kentucky 106th
    198 attempts, 748 yards, 3.78 YPC, 7 TDs, 106.86 YPG

Red Zone Offense
    ND- T-72nd
    29 drives, 23 scores, 123 RZ Points, 11 Rushing TDs, 3 Passing, 9 FGs, 79%

Kentucky- 107th
    16 drives, 11 scores, 73 points, 4 Rushing TDs, 6 Passing, 1 FG, 69%

Tackles for Loss Allowed
    Notre Dame- T-33rd
    23 Opponents Solor TFL, 12 Opp Assist TFL, 107 Opponents TFL yards, 29.0 Opp TOT TFL(?), 4.83 Opp TOT TFL/gm

Kentucky- T62nd
    35 Opponents Solo TFL, 8 Opp Assist TFL, 167 Opponents TFL yards, 39.0 Opp TOT TFL(?), 5.57 Opp TOT TFL/gm

Turnovers Lost
    ND- T19 7
    UK- T57 11

Not glamorous but certainly much better than were at, also it needs to be noted that up until this year, Martin was a defensive coach

http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/m...n_chuck00.html

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    When your "Cons" is that you've beaten everyone you've played and you're undefeated, I can live with those kind of "cons" .

I don't know what kind of recruiting he could do in the SEC. I suspect better than the Big East, but I dunno.
    Kent State beat everybody but Kentucky, sorry but Im not impressed with them

BTW its report like THIS that scares me about this move...the longer Mitch waits, the worse it could be for us...we need to get going and going FAST

2. Continuing to hear from NFL assistant coaches that Nick Saban is ready for a return to the NFL. If he did want to make a pro comeback, don't be so sure he would be the hottest commodity. His tenure in Miami ended so badly there would be questions about whether he could be trusted if things went badly.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...n-in-cleveland

I didn't say go look up Notre Dame's offensive stats. I said go look up Chuck Martin.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

73, I look at your coaching list for UK and I see very little that would attract a young coach. The best selling point is probably the fact that the Brooks tenure demonstrated that having bowl seasons means the coach is having success and will be retained. Assuming we really would pay top flight money, THAT fact may be the most compelling argument for an up and coming young talent.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelSteve View Post
    Kent State beat everybody but Kentucky, sorry but Im not impressed with them
    and Darrell Hazell is doing a heckuva job, too.

When your "con" is that you're undefeated, it's a pretty weak con. Just is.

Rupp's Runt

When it's all said and done, does it really matter? No matter who we hire to replace CJP, in the end we will get the exact same results as we have almost every other time we've fired one coach and hired another. The same, exact results.
    Until the UKAA and the powers-that-be start spending the needed finances for the football program and doing the other things that some of our other SEC bretheren do to be competitive, then maybe, just maybe we'll actually win some SEC games and be somewhat respected.
    But until that happens, I am not spending one red cent or doing anything else besides watching on TV. I am not going to another game until we can compete with the likes of Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, etc., etc., etc. It is not worth the time or the aggravation, so I am not spending my hard earned money to support a never-ending losing propostion. I've had it! Enough is enough, and I have had about 58 years worth of it.
    To hell with the UKAA and whoever else it is that does not want Kentucky football to succeed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    I didn't say go look up Notre Dame's offensive stats. I said go look up Chuck Martin.
    I mean his only head coaching experience came at Grand Valley State, and I really had a hard time finding anything on it, his offense scheme there was effective but the ND website made it clear that before this year he was a defensive coach before he switched it up to the offense, I really didnt know how to explain it then to put his stats out there, hes not a bigger name like many of the other coaches ITT

http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/m...n_chuck00.html

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    When it's all said and done, does it really matter? No matter who we hire to replace CJP, in the end we will get the exact same results as we have almost every other time we've fired one coach and hired another. The same, exact results.
    Until the UKAA and the powers-that-be start spending the needed finances for the football program and doing the other things that some of our other SEC bretheren do to be competitive, then maybe, just maybe we'll actually win some SEC games and be somewhat respected.
    But until that happens, I am not spending one red cent or doing anything else besides watching on TV. I am not going to another game until we can compete with the likes of Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, etc., etc., etc. It is not worth the time or the aggravation, so I am not spending my hard earned money to support a never-ending losing propostion. I've had it! Enough is enough, and I have had about 58 years worth of it.
    To hell with the UKAA and whoever else it is that does not want Kentucky football to succeed!!
    Sometimes it just takes the right coach to implement that right attitude, I mean look at what Lon Kruger did at Florida, they tried to throw him under the boss too and then hired Billy Donovan who really had success at Marshall, Pitino told him NOT to take that job, he did it anyway, stuck through it and proved you can win anywhere, and now Florida takes the other sports seriously, the same can be done at UK with the right hire

Quote Originally Posted by Badinage View Post
    73, I look at your coaching list for UK and I see very little that would attract a young coach. The best selling point is probably the fact that the Brooks tenure demonstrated that having bowl seasons means the coach is having success and will be retained. Assuming we really would pay top flight money, THAT fact may be the most compelling argument for an up and coming young talent.
    Dan Mullen was 37 when Mississippi State hired him. Ole Miss hired Hugh Freeze, 43. James Franklin is 40, in his second year at Vandy. Martin is 44.

What do you think exactly these schools had to offer young coaches that UK doesn't?
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Rupp's Runt

We HAD the right guy in Rich Brooks, but he retired because he ultimately saw that he was only going to be given so much and that was going to be it.
    How do I know that? Look at what he did at Oregon, and look where they're at now, as opposed to where we're at now.
    I'm not trying to be argumentative here with you, but it is clear that the powers-that-be @ Kentucky do not want any more than what we've achieved over the years, as opposed to what we see going on in the rest of the SEC. We had the guy that built Oregon into a program to be respected, but in the end, the powers-that-be ran him off because they do not give a damn about football!
    Could that change like it did with Florida basketball? Yeah, sure it could, but from what I have witnessed over the years it is very apparent that somebody is blocking progress for the football program, that is the way it has always been, and it is not going to change.

Rupp's Runt

And to follow up on my previous post, you also have to look at what did not happen when Jerry Claiborne retired........Kentucky DID NOT hire the best man to replace CJC. We hired Bill Curry and did not give him the tools he needed. And while I am not a big Bill Curry fan, if you look at his record he has been successful everywhere else that he has coached. That is when we had an opportunity to hire Howard Schnellenberger, and once again, the powers-that-be screwed it up and hired the wrong guy. Why? Because they DO NOT want football to be successful at Kentucky.
    At least that is how I see it. They keep doing the same exact stuff over and over again, knowing that ultimately whoever is the football coach is going to fail. Then it's "rinse-n-repeat" all over again, with the same damn results.
    I am sick and tired of seeing Kentucky football fail, but the only power I have to use that might change things is if I do not spend any money in support of a failing proposition. So that is what I have chosen to do, and if others would do the same thing it would send a very clear message. But alas......... we have fans who will support ANYTHING as long as they get to tailgate and get drunk on autumn Saturday afternoons.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Then it's "rinse-n-repeat" all over again, with the same damn results.
    Hey, THAT could be our new slogan!

Dont know how this affects us but since I live on the KY/TN border i hear alot of UT stuff on Nashville Radio Stations.. Currently in UT land the top three candidates for the UT job are this Jon Gruden and yes he has said he would be interested in talking with UT. Charlie Strong and Bobby Petrino. Or at least this is the list coming out of rumor land there...

Belotti?

There will be probably 4 SEC teams looking for Head Coaches next season, what is the bet that UK comes out with the the least impressive hire.

Kelly parlayed the UC job into a job at Notre Dame. Jones may not have had the same success as Kelly at UC, but I would suspect that he would have a better pick than the UK job.

But, if the UK job is a great landing place or stepping stone for a bigger job, Mitch should be able to land us a good coach.

Let's wait and see...

BTW, Belotti and Jay Gruden have been bantered about, as well.

Rupp's Runt

I've also heard Jack Del Rio's name mentioned, but I think that's grasping at straws. He's a genuine old school tough guy, but I seriously doubt that he'd do more than politely listen to the pitch. It'd be great if we could get him, but I won't hold my breath on it.

Chuck was DC when Brian Kelly won his last National Title at Grand Valley. Chuck became head coach and ran the offense. Look at his offensive numbers there. He went to three National title games and won two. The guy is a heck of a recruiter and knows both sides of the ball.