Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Going to re-do my home office equipment

Now I'm an unhappy, and still poor camper--just got off a 64 minute phone conversation with Microsoft. Somehow their system 'canceled' the order. "No problem, we'll just replace it." "Oops, we're out of stock on the laptop...."

It's still not resolved. I have more dealings with them coming.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Now I'm an unhappy, and still poor camper--just got off a 64 minute phone conversation with Microsoft. Somehow their system 'canceled' the order. "No problem, we'll just replace it." "Oops, we're out of stock on the laptop...."

It's still not resolved. I have more dealings with them coming.
    Wow, you have about the WORST luck possible.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    Wow, you have about the WORST luck possible.
    Usually yes, but today I win with my phone replacement. Wish I hadn't.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Bombino

Going to re-do my home office equipment

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Usually yes, but today I win with my phone replacement. Wish I hadn't.
    Explain

They say misery loves company, but I don't wish my kind of shopping/electronics troubles on my worst enemy. Sorry to hear.

Have not heard back from the crack Microsoft resolution team yet. I'm only halfway into the time they said to wait. I do not expect anything good, however.

Where did you find the deal on the Asus Transformer? That is too good to pass up if you do not mind sharing the news. I have an Asus that I have had for several years, and do not really need a new one, but at that price I can put if back and pull it out if the one i am using ever dies.

I checked the Microsoft store and they do not have it on sale, or if they do, it is not advertised
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 12-17-2014 at 11:45 AM.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Where did you find the deal on the Asus Transformer? That is too good to pass up if you do not mind sharing the news. I have an Asus that I have had for several years, and do not really need a new one, but at that price I can put if back and pull it out if the one i am using ever dies.

I checked the Microsoft store and they do not have it on sale, or if they do, it is not advertised
    Microsoft store. Unfortunately, was a one day sale.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    Explain
    Long story, when I get some composure I'll put it all on here. Me and technology have had some real issues the past few weeks, and I quit my whole last career to avoid that nonsense. Had to get a new server up to run Exchange for the office, new router for office, new wifi AP (well an old one I had that is commercial grade), still to go are the VOIP phones, wiring, server room setup, and then back to my stack of software work.

The phone though really really pissed me off yesterday. First the issues w it, then the complete lack of customer service to deal with it. Between that and the raging ignorance and stupidity of apparently every software design decision maker at Microsoft....
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Microsoft store. Unfortunately, was a one day sale.
    Thanks
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post

Thanks
    And ran out even at that.

Well, got the Surface Pro 3 in today. Wow, is it large!

Bombino

Well, got the Surface Pro 3 in today. Wow, is it large!
    Yeah its a good size. I'm a big guy, so for me it is excellent. I can see how it is too big for you. Its a bit larger than the previous models.

Not too big. I love it. I think this size and the 7" sizes are the perfect ones.

Bombino

Going to re-do my home office equipment

Not too big. I love it. I think this size and the 7" sizes are the perfect ones.
    That's great, glad to hear that D. Enjoy it, I think it's the first tablet that truly lives up to the idea of a tablet.