Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Mitch it is..

Mitch it is..

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Re: Mitch it is..

if you're a conservative, Kentucky did it's part for the nation today. sent back a 100% GOP congressional delegation. I just hope it includes the new Senate Majority Leader.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Does not look like Fayette county did their part, although the map I am looking at shows undecided, with Grimes ahead 52-46. Jefferson county is 53-45 undecided
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Does not look like Fayette county did their part, although the map I am looking at shows undecided, with Grimes ahead 52-46. Jefferson county is 53-45 undecided
    Just keeping it close in Lexington is pretty good, it's a weird dynamic here. That and it's not like Mitch is a terribly likeable guy, and Alison is here and even voted right in my precinct this morning. For this to be her home base politically, the home of Lundy's and his political power, and to only carry it by single digits with Mitch being a 6 term incumbent in a horribly unpopular Congress, tells you just how unpopular the national Democratic position is with folks.

But this turned out to not be even close. It's looking like a 12 point win give or take, that's a thumping for Obama given the money Grimes had and how relatively unpopular Mitch is personally.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I would call it a landslide victory for the Obama opposition.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I would call it a landslide victory for the Obama opposition.
    Up 3, Colorado looking like it may be #4. Woudl have liked to have gotten New Hampshire just on principle, since you and I have discussed establishing our new country there if the island thing falls through.

Might have to go just a little further north. Maine is looking better all the time, and I do like good, fresh, north atlantic seafood. We would have to learn a foreign language though, and protect the borders from those crazy canuks.
    seeya
    dan

I could live with Maine. About the same as NH but with an ocean and as you said good seafood.

Still hoping for the Pacific or Caribbean, but anywhere without the army of bureaucrats we have will work.

BTw, up 5 with 1 to go.

Colorado just turned red. NC and VA, are still in the running but will probably require recounts that make take days, weeks. Do either or both of them use punch ballots?

It will take a few weeks to get all the ballots out of the bayous in LA pus they have to have a run off
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 11-04-2014 at 09:24 PM.
    seeya
    dan

If we get Alaska it's over isn't it?

Yes I think so, but I am going for a 2fer with NC and AK and a recount in VA that is unpredictable and a run off in LA that goes blue to keep the seat. LA is red but NO is blue to the bone
    seeya
    dan

Did I just say Colorado went red? Wow The 2nd amendment issues brought those unhappy with the stance out to vote.
    seeya
    dan

Fox says we hold Kansas, that's huge.

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Fox says we hold Kansas, that's huge.
    Very huge, thought we would lose that one

Love Maine but boy do they get some snow

Virginia is amazing, would be outstanding to pull thst one

Yes it is, and Iowa is only reporting 27% of precincts and the race is a squeaker right now. If the majority of precincts reporting are in Des Moines and in Davenport there may be a miracle in the heartland, and then again that is probably wishful thinking
    seeya
    dan

jazy, my friend, you have not see massive amounts of snow in the continental flat lands until you visit the snow belt from Erie PA to Rochester NY. Maine is a winter desertland compared to that area
    seeya
    dan

Fox says Iowa goes GOP. That is 6 and I do not think it is over yet. NC is still looking good
    seeya
    dan

NC goes red per the politico map. If that holds that is 7 and LA and VA still have to announce, with recounts in VA and a run off in LA to come. Amazing to me that VA is this close
    seeya
    dan

VA, LA and AK yet to be decided. Nighty night all
    seeya
    dan

Fox called Iowa, Cnn called NC. LA and Alaska are promising, there's recount talk in NH.

Obama's policies were on the ballot alright. Doubt he understands or even now will understand just how true that was, and just how out of touch he is with a big part of this country.

Unforgettable

Great night, senate, house, Gov.

Did my part: was in 2 ads for Senator Daines. 1st time since 1913 a R has held that seat.

Virginia still not called. After expected to be an easy blue win for Warner and the Dems being that close with over 99% of the votes counted is a shocker.

Alaska pretty close to being over, looks like another GOP pickup with Sullivan with a lead.

Louisianna is likely to go red in their December runoff. I don't see the Dems getting their ground game cranking better than it did with the Senate already lost.

Mitch it is..

You can also add that one independent from Maine (iirc) is likely to caucus with the republicans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    You can also add that one independent from Maine (iirc) is likely to caucus with the republicans

King will continue to caucus with Dems.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6109774.html

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

I don't thin Independents ever go with the GOP, I think they use that Ind as a ruse to fool idiot voters when really they are very moderate or liberal

Mitch it is..

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    King will continue to caucus with Dems.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6109774.html
    A bit of a surprise. I'll respect him for doing it. At least he isn't a Charlie Crist-ian politician who will change party depending on who is in charge simply for his benefit

Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.