Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Election Day!!

Fab Five

Election Day!!

Well, it is finally here. Proud to have cast my vote today for the hardest working person in the US Senate, the Honorable Jeff Sessions. Jeff is also one of the very smartest legislators we have. His reelection is a formality. I hope he finds himself in the majority party. Republican Incumbent Governor, Dr. Bentley appears to have no serious opposition.

Also here in my home county we have 3 Libertarians on the ballot running against Republicans with no liberal democrats in the contest. It's very refreshing.

While not a Mitch McConnell fan, I do hope my brothers and sisters in the Commonwealth give him one more term.

Hope I am not disappointed with election returns as I was in 2012 when I go to bed this evening.

Re: Election Day!!

What took you so long to vote? I voted 2 weeks ago.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Unforgettable

Mick, I voted also, for Thad Cochran even though I kinda held my nose a tad. he isn't nearly as bad as Levin and Hannity make him out to be but the Tea Party put up a trojan horse for a candidate that ran a muck campaign full of lies and rumors. The Tea Party in this state lost my faith. Many of the tea party are sayiing they will vote for the democrat which Hannity and Levin have encouraged them to do which means they are not really serious about flipping the senate unless of course it is by all one type senator, far right conservative that will not negotiate or budge which isn't how its supposed to be done. That is how Reid runs things. I listend to Levin spill his hate last night for republicans that aren't conservative enough for him and realized he and Hannity are no different that Jessie Jackson and that other black idiot with the big head and little body, just throw out hate and evil and collect the money from those that buy it.

I don't see the GOP taking as many seats as the media would have us believe as I think we lose a few unfortunately. Kansas has a so called independent running, but he will vote and caucus with the democrats which makes him a democrat.

Hope the GOP wins the senate but it will be tight imol

Don't be surprised if the GOP has a pick up after the election is over. Joe Manchin is rumored to be swapping from a Dem to GOP. The Dems and the WV electorate keep drifting further apart, which is why Joe has often been at odds with his party.

I voted! Proud to have the right.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Don't be surprised if the GOP has a pick up after the election is over. Joe Manchin is rumored to be swapping from a Dem to GOP. The Dems and the WV electorate keep drifting further apart, which is why Joe has often been at odds with his party.
    Thanks for the update, Keith. I hadn't heard that, but it makes perfect sense. No supporter of the man-made global warming crowd could get elected in WVA, eastern KY, or Eastern OH. We'll welcome his sorry a$$ into the fold should he choose to come across the aisle.

Rupp's Runt

I always thought that Manchin sounded like an old school conservative Democrat. You know, the kind we had when we were kids growing up that our parents always liked and voted for. But when I listen to him talk, Manchin sounds a lot more like a Republican than anything else. So I wondered to myself if he'd ever considered switching sides since it seems he has a lot more in common with the GOP than he really does with his current party. Says he believes in the Constitution, has always(to my knowledge) supported the 2nd Amendment and gun rights, is a coal industry supporter, seems to be a fiscal conservative, I don't know, just appears to have more in common with the GOP than with most of the Democrat Party. Just my take on what I've observed over time.
    MOLON LABE!

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Thanks Keith, makes sense. No way can he support the democrat party after what Obama has done to the coal industry.

I did my duty. They handed me three ballots stuck together, so I'm three times the voter you guys are.