Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Facebook, For users do you enjoy it anymore

good lord NO!

I'm on there too much, though not as much as I used to be. The good - lets me keep in touch with some people I probably wouldn't otherwise, reconnect with some old friends, and I like some (not most) of the stuff I see posted. The bad - can be a huge time suck, my ex-girlfriend is on there and like watching a train wreck I can't bring myself to de-friend her (I'm not holding out hope we get back together, I am holding out hope that in the not terribly distant future she'll want to be (just) friends again.) Or maybe it's just because I want her to see I'm getting stuff done, living well, etc. (hey, all's fair...) I've kept my current dating life (regular but not steady) off FB for now.

My ex-GF took care of it for me... yesterday she de-friended and blocked me. I'm sure she felt she had to, and it's probably best for both of us now, but I still hate it!

Fiddlin' Five

I don't use it, never have, or anything like it, I don't do twitter either. I run my business on the PC and have programs I don't want any problems with. I have my computer guy but I don't look for problems. My wife does that stuff on lap top. I try to keep this computer as clean as possible. UK is the risk I take.

Quote Originally Posted by Critter View Post
    I deactivated my account tonight. I didn't spend a whole lot of time on it but found more and more that I didn't enjoy my time on it anymore. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed seeing my family's pictures but the rest of it I could just about do without. If I'm friends with any of you don't take it the wrong way, it just doesn't appeal to me anymore. It's kind of depressing to get on there anymore. Whether it is people who feel the need to use facebook as a psychologist or just don't understand how many people see what they write. There are people that I don't think of the same way as I did 2 years ago and that disturbs me. There is something to be said of being ignorant to other peoples thoughts about their personal life. There are people I don't speak to anymore based on things they have posted.

It's tough to put into words but I just don't think I'll miss it. I might sign up again sometime and only have immediate family but I may just try something different like going to see them instead.

Anyone else start Facebook only to leave it for good. If you've never used it then it would be tough to understand what I'm talking about.
    I've got a Facebook page but it's about #70 on little things I care about.

I deleted my Facebook account months ago and have yet to regret the decision.

PJ and I are now friends, and the same for UR from the previous site. His pictures of his little boy are priceless! I went through this weekend and "unliked" a lot of different things that were space/time eaters for me, so I won't be getting their hourly updates. I also deleted about 35-40 "friends" that I havent heard from in ages or just don't post anything. If any of you guys on here care to find me, it's Roger Elliott (Petaluma, CA, or Coast Guard or Ashland should bring you right to me). I'll keep you updated on all things Peoples Republic of Kalifornia and our weekend winery/beach trips.