Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Why Grimes is definitely a rubber stamp

Why Grimes is definitely a rubber stamp

She can't even answer the question of whether she voted for Obama in the last election.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...ma-four-times/

If she can't stand up to him and his donors or admit she supports him now, why would we expect her to be her own person in DC where her superiors will decide her committee appointments, her access to the lobby money, etc.?

Either she voted for him, which shows her support for him and would cost her 20 points in the election, or she didn't vote for him and all the liberal money funding her run dries up b/c they expect her to be an Obama Yes vote.

I get the problem, but if you can't even be honest about something like that and stand on your own two feet, you have no chance of standing up for your views or your constituents once in office. The pressure to conform only gets worse, not easier.

As I've said I'm not a big fan of Mitch, I'm tired of party run politics, but instead of the state Dems running someone who had a little gumption and gave me any reason to maybe cross lines, they gave me a lifelong insider literally born into the inside track who will be no different from Mitch other than supporting about everything I disagree with in Washington.

It may be a big time nationally important election, but other than money I don't see how anyone brought much to the table to try to win it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Why Grimes is definitely a rubber stamp

So will she hold Obama responsible for the fail decisions he has made? I think that was the point of the question. Did you vote for him in 2008, and did you vote for him in 2012? Did you hold him accountable for his failures between 2008 and 2012 or did you just rubber stamp the democrat? She wants to blame McConnell for lost jobs in KY? Its not his policies, its the presidents policies and the policies of the democrats.

There is no way she voted anything but for Obama. Party lines run deep in this one, they do
    Last edited by Doc; 10-10-2014 at 09:24 AM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

So how is this race actually looking up there in Kentucky? Is it close, or is one ahead of the other in the polls, or what? I've been watching the Governor's race down here, which is too close to call at this time.
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

There is no way she voted anything but for Obama. Party lines run deep in this one, they do
    Absolutely. In her case it's probably become a genetic marker by now. Lundy is so intertwined with the DNC it's not funny. he has done a ton of the inauguration events for the DNC, is a big time inner circle player here in Kentucky.

This is an old school party candidate election. Maybe more than any other Senate race this year.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    So how is this race actually looking up there in Kentucky? Is it close, or is one ahead of the other in the polls, or what? I've been watching the Governor's race down here, which is too close to call at this time.
    I still think Mitch wins, but it's going to be close. Obama is horridly unpopular, but Mitch has just kinda worn out his welcome by being a) an inner circle guy who turned off a lot of conservatives with the free spending Bush days, and b) just in there a long time when people are just sick of Congress and people being in there a long time.

Those voting against Mitch are largely voting against long time party Congressional politics in general, and those voting against Grimes are voting against Obama. So who is less popular, a Senator who represents more inner circle DC politics or a President who everyone seems to agree is one of the 2 or 3 worst in history?

The good news is Kentucky generally runs a decent election. No insanity where anyone can walk in and vote anywhere with no ID, etc. There's still some of that, but in general things are run on the up and up in this state. Lexington is all electronic, and you have to show ID and you can't even get on the list in a "day of" kind of rush. All good things to prevent fraud, though there is still some.

If this was a "stuff the ballot box" deal like some of these states, where you could vote 8 or 10 times if you went from polling station to station, I doubt Mitch would win, but hopefully he pulls this out by 4-5 points. I'm betting closer to 2 though.

Unforgettable

Did I hear correctly today that her campaign head told a group she would act like she would protect coal interests but once she got in would totally screw them?

If the Dems had found a decent candidate Mitch would be retired from Washington in January, but Grimes, the boot licking Obamanaut is all they could come up with. Mitch should win by 3 to 5%, and I still think Hal Rogers efforts in his district in eastern KY will be important in the end.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    If the Dems had found a decent candidate Mitch would be retired from Washington in January, but Grimes, the boot licking Obamanaut is all they could come up with. Mitch should win by 3 to 5%, and I still think Hal Rogers efforts in his district in eastern KY will be important in the end.
    Ridiculous that conservatives would not do all they could to flip the senate

bigsky, it is had to find people in the Louisville, Lexington, the southern Cincinnati suburbs and the welfare region of eastern KY that could be classified as conservative. The rest of the state has to battle just to stay even with those population centers
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

bigsky, it is had to find people in the Louisville, Lexington, the southern Cincinnati suburbs and the welfare region of eastern KY that could be classified as conservative. The rest of the state has to battle just to stay even with those population centers
    All the more reason to stay united on the R side.

Lexington's pretty split, but far more liberal than any non-coastal city should be. It can be annoying at times. Like how proud some of these people are that we're spending $20 million on "affordable housing" when it was the county banning mobile homes and similar options that made it non-affordable in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    All the more reason to stay united on the R side.
    I think dan's right, it will be Hal Rogers bringing this one home if Mitch wins. It's a tough place to figure. Deeply rural values but so deep into the welfare/disability corruption that none of it makes much sense.

Eastern Kentucky has ultra conservative views, but too many still vote for Dem from way back in the Perkins era. There will be coal miners in Kentucky and WV that vote for DNC candidates who have been huge Obama rubber stamps because of union affiliations.

a rubber stamp or a blank page...bad ideas, or no idea....hard to choose.
    Last edited by kingcat; 10-19-2014 at 03:43 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Correct Skip. A lot of demos who has been eating at Obamas trough might find themselves out of politics.