Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Man, talk about a rip off

Man, talk about a rip off

I carry a hotspot with me everywhere I travel. The service is paid for and I will be damned if I want a hotel blocking my use of what I pay for. Thankfully I do not stay in high end dumps like the Marriott when I travel.

Linkage
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Man, talk about a rip off

One of my pet peeves. Stay at a hotel for $200 a night and the charge you for internet! Heck, stay at a $50 red roof and its complimentary. Always pisses me off. This week I was down at the Intercontinental in Miami. Normal rate was something like 210 a night ( we had govt rate as wife was there for work) but were comped internet which was normally $15 a day. Add the $40 day to park the car, etc its as bad as flying the way they nail you with extra fees
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Universities? and I'm pondering how my hotspot threatens other guests.

Now, if I set up a rogue hotspot in a popular place, you link to it, and I steal your data, well, oopsie on you.

So they're blocking your own hot spot, Dan? Yep, that would piss me off.

I hate going to a hotel that charges a "resort fee." I can kind of see charging for parking because not everybody has a car. But a "resort fee" for every room, just because? Just tack it on to the nightly rate.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    So they're blocking your own hot spot, Dan? Yep, that would piss me off.

I hate going to a hotel that charges a "resort fee." I can kind of see charging for parking because not everybody has a car. But a "resort fee" for every room, just because? Just tack it on to the nightly rate.

Agree, especially when its just a junkie pool. Or you checking in at 8:00pm and leaving at 8:00 am while travelling. I'm not "resorting", I'm sleeping.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.