Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: All time favorite movie

All time favorite movie

Shawshank Redemption. The film that took Morgan Freeman skyrocketing to the top of the great actors heap.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Re: All time favorite movie

The original Star Wars. Always first in my heart.

Reservoir Dogs
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

The film that took Morgan Freeman skyrocketing to the top of the great actors heap.

Sign up with my braindumps for getting incredible online ISC courses exam and University of Oxford .
    Last edited by muneeb302; 10-23-2014 at 02:40 AM.

Godfather II

All time favorite movie

Boy that's a tough one, there are so many movies that I'll re-watch making my favorites list.

Unforgiven is my first thought, Private Ryan, Godfather, and the Tolkien trilogy are a few from different genres. My list of action movies could take a while, comedies as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Brave Heart

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by LonnyDemaree View Post
    Shawshank Redemption. The film that took Morgan Freeman skyrocketing to the top of the great actors heap.
    Did you know that film pretty much didn't win a single major award? No Oscars, no golden globes and no SAG awards. The competition that year was truly brutal and likely was one of the best years for movies in a long time.

You had:

The Shawshank Redemption

Forrest Gump

Pulp Fiction

Léon: The Professional

The Lion King

Dumb & Dumber

Natural Born Killers

Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles

Legends of the Fall

The Mask

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Stargate

The Crow

True Lies

Speed

Clerks

Ed Wood

Four Weddings and a Funeral

Little Women

Clear and Present Danger

Disclosure

Frankenstein

Reality Bites

The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert

Heavenly Creatures

Maverick

Color of Night

Once Were Warriors

Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult

Junior

The Santa Clause

Nell

Muriel's Wedding

The Client

Three Colours: Red

The Hudsucker Proxy

Shallow Grave

Beverly Hills Cop III

Quiz Show

Bullets Over Broadway

Immortal Beloved

Prêt-à-Porter: Ready to Wear

Black Beauty

I.Q.

Three Colours: White

The Madness of King George

Death and the Maiden

Exotica

Il Postino: The Postman

Eat Drink Man Woman

Chungking Express

Spanking the Monkey

Blink

Oleanna

A quick list I pulled from elsewhere.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

That's a heck of a list. Brutal for sure.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

My actual favorite movie is one that won't get mentioned because when you google "Greatest movies" or go to IMDB and look up greatest movies, etc you won't find it, is "The Five People You Meet in Heaven". Sure, it was written by a dink. Sure, it didn't have a huge budget, it wasn't packed with box office stars and it didn't have a huge studio behind it to make it a box office smash...none of which actually affect how good of a movie it is. What it is though is a well done movie with a great story line.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Doc, that is a really really good movie.

I'm a sucker for shades of gray morality stories. 12 Angry Men, Inherit The Wind, Glory, The Verdict, High Noon, etc. The movie is not as good as the book, which will always be my favorite, but I'll go with The Grapes Of Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoesSwayedBlue View Post
    Doc, that is a really really good movie.

I'm a sucker for shades of gray morality stories. 12 Angry Men, Inherit The Wind, Glory, The Verdict, High Noon, etc. The movie is not as good as the book, which will always be my favorite, but I'll go with The Grapes Of Wrath.

I've told this story here before but I'll mention it again. I'd not seen or heard of the film til my wife got me the DVD. I was in the hospital, 2,000 miles from home and just been told there was a good chance I could die. Here comes my wife with "The Five People You will Meet in Heaven"! Not the greatest gift I ever got.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I've told this story here before but I'll mention it again. I'd not seen or heard of the film til my wife got me the DVD. I was in the hospital, 2,000 miles from home and just been told there was a good chance I could die. Here comes my wife with "The Five People You will Meet in Heaven"! Not the greatest gift I ever got.
    lol. I remember that now Doc.

It reminded me of when my girlfriend and I went to see "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" to cheer me up b/c my car had gone to the dealer and wasn't ready and I was missing class every day till they got it done and I could get back out to school. Sometimes timing is everything in such things.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

From Here To Eternity(with Burt Lancaster, Deborah Kerr, Frank Sinatra, Ernest Borgnine, Montgomery Clift), Saving Private Ryan, The Outlaw Josey Wales, True Grit(with John Wayne), To Kill a Mockingbird(with Gregory Peck), Conan the Barbarian(with Arnold Schwarzenegger), and The Wizard of Oz(the original).
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    The Wizard of Oz(the original).
    Glad to see this one make the list. It is truly one of the finest movies of all-time. (It goes in my "Muscals-ish" group below, but I won't put it since I'm trying to do nothing but new ones).

Here are some of my most enjoyable movies that I don't think have made the list here so far. This doesn't mean they are my all-time favorite movies (some of the ones on this list are), but these are ones I'd consider that haven't been mentioned yet. And maybe a bit off the path, which is ok with me.

And remember--this is "favorite," not necessarily great. So work with me.

Comedy-ish
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
    The Blues Brothers.
    Animal House
    Blazing Saddles
    Fast Times at Ridgemont High (I'm not kidding)
    Vacation
    Christmas Vacation

Musicals-ish
    A Hard Day's Night
    The Sound of Music
    West Side Story
    Little Shop of Horrors

Thriller-ish
    Jaws
    Nightmare on Elm Street (not so much now, but when it first came out)
    Monkey Shines (not so much from critics, but I thought this was a fantastic "fear" movie. You've probably never heard of it. If you rent it, you'll never forget it. It's not for everyone.)
    The Poseidon Adventure

Dramas-ish
    It's a Wonderful Life
    Field of Dreams
    Hoosiers
    Fear Strikes Out
    The Green Mile
    One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
    Papillon (could not remember this movie in the previous thread about war movies)

I'd probably say Lawrence of Arabia. Beautifully shot, outstanding dialog and character development, and David Lean takes his sweet time letting the whole thing play out to its conclusion.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Darrell and I have very similar taste in comedies. I feel sorry for the guy.

Add Caddyshack to that list of classics. Also Dr. Strangelove, The Jerk, Groundhog Day (one of my fav movies), and of course the funniest movie ever made: Airplane!

Also put in a few OLD comedies: Carey Grant in His Girl Friday, Bringing up Baby.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Darrell and I have very similar taste in comedies. I feel sorry for the guy.

Add Caddyshack to that list of classics. Also Dr. Strangelove, The Jerk, Groundhog Day (one of my fav movies), and of course the funniest movie ever made: Airplane!

Also put in a few OLD comedies: Carey Grant in His Girl Friday, Bringing up Baby.
    Add your comedies to mine. Sad you have similar bad taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Glad to see this one make the list. It is truly one of the finest movies of all-time. (It goes in my "Muscals-ish" group below, but I won't put it since I'm trying to do nothing but new ones).

Here are some of my most enjoyable movies that I don't think have made the list here so far. This doesn't mean they are my all-time favorite movies (some of the ones on this list are), but these are ones I'd consider that haven't been mentioned yet. And maybe a bit off the path, which is ok with me.

And remember--this is "favorite," not necessarily great. So work with me.

Comedy-ish
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
    The Blues Brothers.
    Animal House
    Blazing Saddles
    Fast Times at Ridgemont High (I'm not kidding)
    Vacation
    Christmas Vacation

Musicals-ish
    A Hard Day's Night
    The Sound of Music
    West Side Story
    Little Shop of Horrors

Thriller-ish
    Jaws
    Nightmare on Elm Street (not so much now, but when it first came out)
    Monkey Shines (not so much from critics, but I thought this was a fantastic "fear" movie. You've probably never heard of it. If you rent it, you'll never forget it. It's not for everyone.)
    The Poseidon Adventure

Dramas-ish
    It's a Wonderful Life
    Field of Dreams
    Hoosiers
    Fear Strikes Out
    The Green Mile
    One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
    Papillon (could not remember this movie in the previous thread about war movies)
    I'm a big fan of Fast Times. Ditto for Vacation and Xmas Vacation. Not so much the other vacations.

Not a musicals fan other than Spinal Tap which I'd put as a top 5 film overall and number one in the comedy, mockumentary and musical categories

As for horror, Alien would be tops for me but also Audition (the original Japanese version)
    Last edited by Doc; 10-09-2014 at 06:42 AM.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    G
    Thanks a lot, D, I'm still traumatized by this damn movie. This was one of those movies some friends and I snuck into the TV room at night and watched when we were in 2nd grade. I still vaguely remember parts of it, like being freaked out by the monkey chopping with some sort of blade or knife. This movie and some really bad movie called Pumpkinhead freaked us out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post

Thanks a lot, D, I'm still traumatized by this damn movie. This was one of those movies some friends and I snuck into the TV room at night and watched when we were in 2nd grade. I still vaguely remember parts of it, like being freaked out by the monkey chopping with some sort of blade or knife. This movie and some really bad movie called Pumpkinhead freaked us out as well.
    Sorry to have you relive those memories. It was all that.