Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: USA Wins Gold

USA Wins Gold

Kudos to the team for staying focused and rolling over everyone even without some of the biggest stars missing. For those that said Irving shouldn't have been on the team, etc., he played terrific and was the MVP of the tourney.
    ~Puma~

Re: USA Wins Gold

One more note, Cousins was terrific in this game. K gave him a lot of praise for the win.
    ~Puma~

USA Wins Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    One more note, Cousins was terrific in this game. K gave him a lot of praise for the win.
    Yes he was. Davis was in foul trouble and Cousins stepped up big time. Was huge on the glass and didn't let the physical play get under his skin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Bombino

Kudos to the team for staying focused and rolling over everyone even without some of the biggest stars missing. For those that said Irving shouldn't have been on the team, etc., he played terrific and was the MVP of the tourney.
    James Harden and Kyrie Irving score the most points in the championship game ? Wow I'm shocked!

Seriously I don't know who said Kyrie Irving shouldn't have been on the USA team, but I wasn't one of them, at least specifically to Irving. What I did do is question whether the team had too many shoot-first, defense is an after-thought perimeter players in terms of Kyrie Irving, Steph Curry and James Harden.

When those guys are shooting well, there's no one who can compete with them. But if they have an off-night, then that exposes a weakness for the team.

Although it never lasted a full game, there were plenty of times during the tournament where the team struggled, as these three guys (along with Klay Thompson) seemed intent on continuing to take unnecessary perimeter shots when the team would have best been served going inside IMO.

Regarding Irving, I do have to give him credit that he did come up big on the biggest stage. Before today he wasn't anywhere close to being on the All-tournament team but with this performance he leap-frogged Anthony Davis (my guess) into not only the All-Tournament team but the MVP.

FWIW, DMC played a big part in the USA's run as well. He was a beast defensively grabbing rebounds, blocking shots and generally controlling the paint while he also set some of the early screens which got Irving and Harden open to get them going.

It was one of the most boring finals of all times. If you didn't see it, you missed nothing. It was like watching a UK preseason exhibition game and that is not an exaggeration. There was no suspense, the outcome never in doubt and the only hope was nobody get injuries. Only difference was medals and confetti at the end
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

never watched a second of any game

Quote Originally Posted by JPScott View Post

Regarding Irving, I do have to give him credit that he did come up big on the biggest stage. Before today he wasn't anywhere close to being on the All-tournament team but with this performance he leap-frogged Anthony Davis (my guess) into not only the All-Tournament team but the MVP.
    This is more of an NBA comment than a Fiba comment, but I was increibly impressed with Irving's defense. The guy isn't known as a lock-down defender, but I thought he was terrific. If he plays D like that in Cleveland, the Cavs are going to be nearly unstoppable.
    ~Puma~

I always thought Irving was one of the best players on the USA team. He may be a bit selfish but most of them are because they've had to be the man. Irving has incredible talent. Considering rose was a bit rusty he carried a pretty big load. Irving is one of the best in the league, like him or not. I think lebron will take some of his mental mistakes away.

I love Kyrie Irving. I think he's great. Plus he is a heckuva Uncle Drew.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I think the uncle drew commercial sold me...
    Go Cats!

Not complete without revisiting. And yes, I just rewatched it. For about the 10th time, no lie.

I really like the Uncle Drew thing. Always reminds me of the Eddie Murphy bit when he pretends to be white. I know very different things, one is a real Candid Camera setup and the other a skit, maybe it's b/c of the way he plays the character or something.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    How in the world have i never seen that? That was awesome.
    ~Puma~

How in the world have i never seen that? That was awesome.
    It is truly that.

I had to watch it again, the gap between an Irving and a normal human is so incredible it's fun to watch.

With Kyrie being able to step up, Cleveland is going to be scary.
    http://seoexpedition.com/lexington-seo-company/