Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: For the degenerates - Pick A Lock - let's play this weekend for practice

For the degenerates - Pick A Lock - let's play this weekend for practice

OK, so if you like playing these football games, and if Doc's Beat the Odds, Oledon's Stupid Underdog Picks, and Doc's Survival/Elimination game isn't enough, let's do one more. We'll play this weekend for practice, and start next week for real.

We'll call it, "Pick A Lock," and the game will work like this.

Each week you'll look at the same list provided for Stupid Underdog Picks, and you'll pick a "lock" -- either the favorite or the underdog to just beat the point spread provided.

But wait--there's more.

You have the choice to choose up to 3 "Locks" in a week. Each "Lock" will cost you $100 KSR dollars. So you can "wager" $100-$300 per week, at your discretion.

In fact, if you choose less than 3 games, you can double or triple play a selection. Maximum is $300 per week. Each game is $100, $200 or $300 only (keep my math down to a minimum).

At the end of the season, the one with the most KSR dollars wins.

No exotic wagers, no parlays, no teasters, no "juice," just straight-up wagers. Each week you will either win or lose $100, 200 or 300, or break even if you have 2 selections chosen for $100 each.

This week is PRACTICE ONLY, but we will start it the following week for real.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 09-11-2014 at 09:02 AM.

Re: For the degenerates - Pick A Lock - let's play this weekend for practice

Here are the lines for PRACTICE WEEK.

Thursday, September 11
    BYU -14 Houston
    NORTH TEXAS -4 Louisiana Tech

Friday, September 12
    Baylor -27 BUFFALO
    CINCINNATI -12 Toledo

Saturday, September 13
    Air Force -9.5 GEORGIA STATE
    ALABAMA -49 Southern Miss
    ARIZONA -16.5 Nevada
    Arizona State -13.5 COLORADO
    TEXAS TECH -2.5 Arkansas
    MIAMI (FLA.) -18 Arkansas State
    STANFORD -27.5 Army
    BALL STATE NL Indiana State (FCS)
    Boise State -14 CONNECTICUT
    Usc -20 BOSTON COLLEGE
    BOWLING GREEN -3 Indiana
    Syracuse -9 CENTRAL MICHIGAN
    COLORADO STATE NL UC Davis (FCS)
    DUKE -20 Kansas
    VIRGINIA TECH -11.5 East Carolina
    OLD DOMINION -11.5 Eastern Michigan
    Tulsa -1 FAU
    Pittsburgh -27.5 FIU
    FLORIDA -17 Kentucky
    Nebraska -10 FRESNO STATE
    Georgia -2.5 SOUTH CAROLINA
    GEORGIA TECH -24 Georgia Southern
    HAWAII NL Northern Iowa (FCS)
    IDAHO -2.5 Western Michigan
    WASHINGTON -15 Illinois
    IOWA -15.5 Iowa State
    OHIO STATE -26.5 Kent State
    MISSISSIPPI -29 Louisiana-Lafayette
    LSU -32 Louisiana-Monroe
    Louisville -9.5 VIRGINIA
    MARSHALL -19 Ohio
    MARYLAND -4.5 West Virginia
    VANDERBILT -17.5 Massachusetts
    MICHIGAN -31.5 Miami (O.)
    MIDDLE TENESSEE -1 Western Kentucky
    TCU -8 MInnesota
    Mississippi State -13 SOUTH ALABAMA
    MISSOURI -9 Ucf
    Navy -13 TEXAS STATE
    UTEP -11 New Mexico State
    N.C. State -1.5 USF
    Northern Illinois -12 UNLV
    Notre Dame -29 Purdue (Indianapolis)
    OKLAHOMA -21 Tennessee
    OKLAHOMA STATE -16 Utsa
    OREGON -43 Wyoming
    Penn State -3 RUTGERS
    TEXAS A&M -29 Rice
    Ucla -6 Texas (Arlington)
    TROY NL Abilene Christian (FCS)
    TULANE NL SE Louisiana (FCS)
    UAB NL Alabama A&M (FCS)
    UTAH STATE -12.5 Wake Forest
    WASHINGTON STATE NL Portland State (FCS)

I will go first as the guinea pig.

Texas +6
    Mississippi -29
    Old Dominion -11.5

I started to double-up on Mississippi, but decided to play Old Dominion, too, on the theory that Florida can't be that good, so Eastern Michigan must be that bad.

I've got $300 KSR bucks on the table (obviously, if you choose 3 games it is $100 a game. Only if you select fewer than 3 will you have to decide whether to play it for $100, 200 or 300).

Let's see your "Pick A Lock."
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 09-11-2014 at 09:03 AM.

Also, it would be helpful if you would put the +/- points beside each team's name you select, if you really want to be nice and make the game easy to grade. If you choose an underdog, just flip the - to a + for your team.

Texas tech -2.5
    Cincinnati -12
    TCU-8

So how does this work? Are we given a new set of 3 bets each week, no more, no less, or do we roll over our winnings from week to week and are out when we lose it all?

Let's try:

Georgia -2.5
    Virginia Tech -11.5
    BYU -14
    Follow my insane ramblings on UK sports and this crazy world we live in: @UKSalsaKat

Good questions (this is why I'm glad this is a practice week). You cannot bust out. Each week you earn $300 new KSR bucks to play with. Think of it as KSR-disposable income you have lying around.

Each week you can choose between 1-3 locks, no matter how you have done in previous weeks. You can't save up your KSR bucks and roll them over from week to week if you don't use them, but you won't bust out either.

So in other words we are trying to identify the worse lines of the week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Kentucky for 100
    Army for 100
    Georgia for 100

Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Arkansas + 2.5
    Ohio + 19
    Penn St. - 3

Can I suggest we have one person keep their three hundred per week just to see how saving your earnings stacks up against the betting?

I believe that's what oledon would do if he were playing.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

UK +17 (200)
    Vandy -17.5 (100)

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Can I suggest we have one person keep their three hundred per week just to see how saving your earnings stacks up against the betting?

I believe that's what oledon would do if he were playing.
    It's built-in already. Everybody will have a net loss, a net win, or an occasional break even week. If you are season - long to the good, you beat the guys with their hands not leaving their billfold. If you have a net loss, the conservative guys with the velcro remaining fixed on their wallets are ahead.

For example, if you win 2, lose 1 this week, you have a net +$100. That's PLUS your original $300. So we don't need to keep track of that, net winnings or losses will take care of that.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 09-11-2014 at 12:07 PM.

Penn State -3
    Virginia + 9.5
    Tennessee +21
    Last edited by Scout714; 09-12-2014 at 11:41 AM.

Indiana +3
    Kentucky +17
    Penn State -3
    "It's a mere moment in a man's life between an All-Star Game and an Old-Timers Game." - Vin Scully

$200 on Texas State +13
    $100 on Mississippi State -13
    changing my signature to change our luck.

I won't say it often, but way to go UC!

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Texas tech -2.5
    Cincinnati -12
    TCU-8

Darrell nails all 3. + $300. Of course, this would be a practice week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I will go first as the guinea pig.

Texas +6
    Mississippi -29
    Old Dominion -11.5

I started to double-up on Mississippi, but decided to play Old Dominion, too, on the theory that Florida can't be that good, so Eastern Michigan must be that bad.

I've got $300 KSR bucks on the table (obviously, if you choose 3 games it is $100 a game. Only if you select fewer than 3 will you have to decide whether to play it for $100, 200 or 300).

Let's see your "Pick A Lock."

Texas Tech is a loser, but UC and TCU prevail. +$100 this week for UKFlounder.
    Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Texas tech -2.5
    Cincinnati -12
    TCU-8
    SalsaKat is on ramen noodles this week. Lost all 3 (hey, good thing it's practice....and pretend.) -$300.
    Quote Originally Posted by SalsaKat View Post
    So how does this work? Are we given a new set of 3 bets each week, no more, no less, or do we roll over our winnings from week to week and are out when we lose it all?

Let's try:

Georgia -2.5
    Virginia Tech -11.5
    BYU -14
    UK came through, but Army and UGA are no-gos. -$100 for Doc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Kentucky for 100
    Army for 100
    Georgia for 100

Arkansas came through, Penn State was a push, and Ohio a loser. ShoesSwayedBlue is tied with Oledon at $0.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoesSwayedBlue View Post
    Arkansas + 2.5
    Ohio + 19
    Penn St. - 3
    Big $200 play overcomes the Vandy non-cover, and a +$100 week for Kingcat.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    UK +17 (200)
    Vandy -17.5 (100)
    We have a push (Penn State) a win (Virginia) and a loss (Tennessee), for another tied with Oledon at $0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scout714 View Post
    Penn State -3
    Virginia + 9.5
    Tennessee +21
    Two pushes (Indiana, Penn State) and a winner, and Lfbj00 is going out to dinenr on his +$100 winnings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lfbj00 View Post
    Indiana +3
    Kentucky +17
    Penn State -3
    So close on Texas State, but winner on Miss. State. -$100 week for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    $200 on Texas State +13
    $100 on Mississippi State -13

Let's see how we did in this Practice Week (this week counts for real).

+$300
    DarrellKSR

$100
    UKFlounder
    Kingcat
    Lfbj00

$0
    ShoesSwayedBlue
    Scout714

-$100
    Doc
    Catfan73

-$300
    SalsaKat

KSR group won $600, lost $500, for a net +$100 profitable week in the practice round. Make sure you play for real this week.