Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: UK Opens +17 vs UF

Fab Five

UK Opens +17 vs UF

Better than what it's been in the past.

I assume +17.

I would've felt great about that before Saturday from both teams.

Fab Five

Re: UK Opens -17 vs UF

Was hoping I could get some action, Darrell!

Yes, of course it's +17.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
    Was hoping I could get some action, Darrell!

Yes, of course it's +17.
    Nice try .

I just don't know what to think about it. I wish Florida had not displayed such offensive firepower Saturday.

Fab Five

Re: UK Opens +17 vs UF

I'll take UK and 17.

Fiddlin' Five

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    I'll take UK and 17.
    Shock the world baby!!!!

Rupp's Runt

It was Eastern Michigan, for crying out loud!
    The game is in Gainesville, and it is Florida, whom we have not beaten since the days when dinosaurs roamed the earth. So of course they're going to be favored by a ridiculous margin. And they'll most likely win, but I have a feeling that they'll just be happy with a win when it's all over and done.
    Florida is in for a fight, but they don't know it yet.
    MOLON LABE!

UK Opens +17 vs UF

As long as we don't go backwards . Go CATS

What color are we going to be wearing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    As long as we don't go backwards . Go CATS

What color are we going to be wearing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, it's a conference road game, so the white road uniforms will be in play, just not sure what combinations will be worn.
    MOLON LABE!

Get out with no injuries and be competitive. That's what I want out of this week.

I love the progress we're making, but I can't see a win here. I'd love to be wrong though!

I
    W
    A
    W

IWAW

I want a win.

Let's do this thing.

Rupp's Runt

I'm with Darrell!
    MOLON LABE!

I'll be disappointed with a three point loss. IWAW also!

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Isn't the UF drought about 30 years?

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Isn't the UF drought about 30 years?
    27 straight and counting.

Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
    27 straight and counting.
    It's easy for me to remember how long it's been. The last time we won was the last time they played before I was born. A win over them would literally be a once in a lifetime experience for me.

Well, it would ba a "first in the lifetime experience' but hopefully not just a "once" in a lifetime one....

Quote Originally Posted by Thedonnie123 View Post
    It's easy for me to remember how long it's been. The last time we won was the last time they played before I was born. A win over them would literally be a once in a lifetime experience for me.

I dunno. UK now has a starting WR, RB and OG out for the game. Heck, with Blue, Badet and Montgomery out only Timmons and Robinson played a snap at WR last year.

Fully healthy I would give UK a decent chance, but it doesn't look good IMO.

Fiddlin' Five

Clearly a trap game for Florida…..our 2-0 record has little sheen to it due to the opposition……and, a W against us is taken for granted

Pulling for an Upset Special

I'm hoping we are the better team

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
    Better than what it's been in the past.
    Why Not Now?

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Well, it's a conference road game, so the white road uniforms will be in play, just not sure what combinations will be worn.

Thought they might pack the civil war uni's and go with the grey/blue
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I'm hopeful about the spread, not holding my breath on the rest. I think the day is coming Stoops ends this streak, not sure it's this soon in his tenure. We still just don't have the depth to play in the SEC at that level (even UF's current lower level), which means we have to catch some breaks to even that disadvantage out somewhere.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Thedonnie123 View Post
    Good grief. . I was in the first semester of the doc program at FSU and was at a game when some of the band started playing the UK fight song. A minute after they announced the score. Still one of the biggest roars I've ever heard for a UK football win, even counting those at Commonwealth.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I'm hopeful about the spread, not holding my breath on the rest. I think the day is coming Stoops ends this streak, not sure it's this soon in his tenure. We still just don't have the depth to play in the SEC at that level (even UF's current lower level), which means we have to catch some breaks to even that disadvantage out somewhere.
    How many breaks will we need? Need I remind you that, in this remarkable run of utter futility, UF played a game in which they turned the ball over 7-ish times, including 5-ish ints, and UK still managed to lose.

Rupp's Runt

Thank you, Bill Curry.............
    MOLON LABE!

Rupp's Runt

We would have, and should have won this game had the incompetent, worthless, cheating a$$ SEC refs done their jobs and thrown their flags when time expired on the play clock.
    And then of course the SEC front office covers for their referees in common "let's not admit our boy's messed up in front of the whole world" fashion, just like they always do.
    If the refs had flagged the foul, assessed the penalty yardage and then let Florida run another play, I firmly believe that we would have won the game right then. I believe that with all of my heart.
    Instead, I have to listen to yet another year's worth of these ignorant, arrogant, pompous Gayturd fans talking $hi# about 28 in a row.............
    MOLON LABE!

I don't know if it was cheating, or something else, Suncat. But I think the missed call cost UK the game. I'm fully on board with you there. UK would have won the game had the play been called correctly, and another one had to be run.

There was confusion on the UK defense. I don't know if they expected the whistle to blow, or what--but confusion on the coverage. Back 'em up 5-more yards, replay that play, and UK wins. I believe that, and always will.