Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

1 more reason to love Boogie Cousins

Poor Man's Commish‏@poormanscommish
    Overheard by @SekouSmithNBA...
    Reporter: "Do u know where Slovenia is?"
    @boogiecousins: "Do u know where Alabama is?"

https://twitter.com/poormanscommish/...63143197151232

Remember Cousins is the guy who responded to a question about academics before the Cornell game with "This ain't no spelling bee."
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Fab Five

Re: 1 more reason to love Boogie Cousins

But does he know where Slovakia is?

Attachment 4021
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love that guy. He's so genuine in a world of put on facades. Love it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Here's a good article on the question and Cousins.

"Cousins deserves credit for exposing the rank condescension at the root of this question. The only reason to ask it is to expose the ignorance of the recipient, to indulge in a tired stereotype of the uneducated (and almost always black) American basketball player with no knowledge of the world outside of his immediate experience. The question itself proves nothing — plenty of my overeducated friends can't pinpoint Slovenia. All it shows is that someone has lived a life in which it was necessary to know the location of a nation that didn't exist before the dissolution of Yugoslavia in 1991."

DeMarcus Cousins turns around a condescending question about Slovenia

Boogie is getting a lot of well deserved love for that remark. The funniest thing is that the reporter was trying to make him look dumb but the reply showed just how quick his wit really is.

Bakert, feel free to try to make that picture fit into any conversation. We won't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedonnie123 View Post
    Bakert, feel free to try to make that picture fit into any conversation. We won't mind.
    He needs to make it his new signature. Then we'll go looking for his posts instead of avoiding them .

Fiddlin' Five

Bakert, we sincerely appreciate your intellectual heft on this Board

On an unrelated note, will you be making a trip with the Alabama football team this year…..your account last year on the trip to Lexington was a genuine treat

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    He needs to make it his new signature. Then we'll go looking for his posts instead of avoiding them .
    It isn't that hot a picture.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

1 more reason to love Boogie Cousins

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Every time I see that.picture I looks to me like the girl on the right has a giant "buckwheat" hairdo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.