Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Miscellaneous comments from UK football players today at UK Media Day

Miscellaneous comments from UK football players today at UK Media Day

The entire press conference of staff and AD was carried live (video replay available on a separate thread here), and have comments from there.

Larry and Lonny are there getting all kind of good things, and I almost feel like I spoil the story by including anything. But I'll post a few things anyway just to whet the appetite. I also "think" we should have some photos later, too, but I need to doublecheck on that.

Jacob Hyde said he has dropped from more than 350 to 330. His "back and feet" thank him.

Matt Elam said when he was 8 years old, they used to ask him for his driver's license. "Ma'am, I'm eight," he'd tell them.

Elam said he weighed 390, but has dropped to 372. Absolutely svelte at that weight, isn't he? I think he's 6'7, too. Just a beast.

Re: Miscellaneous comments from UK football players today at UK Media Day

Mikel Horton had a great line. Something like, "Matt Elam and vegetables are no longer enemies. Elam and asparagus are now on the same side."

LOL.

Elam has given up soft drinks, which he said was hard for him to do.

Around the players, many said they've never seen UK players so happy and with that much swagger. Must be good. Very playful, too. Enjoying the experience.

Elam tweeted that he was the last one out of Media Day.

Stanley "Boom" Williams said he was asked if he knew the significance of asking for # 18. He said he'll honor it.

Elam said before he arrived at Kentucky, he never ate breakfast. (See--maybe all those folks that tell you that you need to eat smaller, more frequent meals, are right!)

Drew Barker said UK has 3 practices in the next 2 days, and apparently he believes they are very important ones. Probably are.

Patrick Towles did a nice job with media today. Even when his teammates were tying his shoes together while he was being interviewed. (He did not trip and fall, by the way).

Maxwell Smith said he's not the guy just to lay down and hand the ball over. "It's not me." Says his arm is getting stronger, and he can throw hash to hash.

Towles says his dad just went back and finished his law degree.

Barker says he hasn't thought of anyone else winning the starting job other than him. Really focused on it.

Reese Phillips says he takes it as a compliment that the word used to describe him most often is "consistent." Says that's a real key in the offense.

Barker is rooming with Dorian Baker, and they've become friends.

Cory Johnson is surprised how his "poop" comment took off, now waiting for the royalty checks to roll in lol.

Maxwell Smith says Towles "easily" has the best arm of the QBs. Has a "cannon."

Towles says this year's RB crew will make all their lives easier.