Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mitch vs. Lundergren Grimes

Mitch vs. Lundergren Grimes

Local poll has Mitch back up by 4 points, hope you Ky boys can keep it going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Mitch vs. Lundergren Grimes

I hope so too. There's a slanted piece on the race on Fox, written by one of Clinton's campaign people no less, that tries to paint Grimes as opposing Obama on coal issues.

Man that's a laugh. Yeah she ran an ad taking that position, but he fails to mention how she's being funded mostly by Obama's "green wing" enviro-nuts. He mentions the Koch brothers of course, just not where Grimes' money is coming from. She's even getting anti-gun group money.

It's all too clear this race is about Senate control, which is why it will be the most expensive Senate race in history, and it will either be Obama's leftists (b/c he is President and Reid is clearly on board) or the GOP. I have no love for the GOP establishment, but they are damned sight better choice than handing Obama more power for 2 years.

Grimes is hard core party line, second generation. A vote for her really is a vote for Obama and his policies, as it will keep the Senate under his control and thus unable to oppose him in concert with the House on EPA regs, our inept foreign policy, judicial appointments, you name it. She'll vote as Reid tells her to vote, and even if she doesn't here and there we will still have kept Reid in power and thus Obama in power, with no way to pressure him into acting on things like ISIS or backing off his other agendas.

This is a lesser of evils election, but the choice is still very clear.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

"This is a lesser of evils election, but the choice is still very clear."

Yes, sir.
    But, I will still feel the need for a shower afterwards.
    And maybe a Blessing.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    "This is a lesser of evils election, but the choice is still very clear."

Yes, sir.
    But, I will still feel the need for a shower afterwards.
    And maybe a Blessing.
    Yeah, I can't say I'll be devoting much time to how proud I was of my vote in my memoirs. But in one way I really will be proud. If Kentucky elects Mitch and the GOP gets the Senate back it will have two big pluses:

1) A Kentuckian will be Majority Leader. That's something to be proud of, and will greatly benefit the state in many ways even outside politics.

2) We will have been a critical, if not the critical state, in the GOP getting the senate, which means Obama gets severe restrictions on what will otherwise be a field day of leftist appointments to the judiciary and other positions over the next 2 years. It will be huge for the future of the country if we can can limit it only to the few months from November till January.

So while I'd rather be voting for someone far less establishment, in the end it will mean some very positive things for the nation even if it's not nearly as many as it might be if we could sweep out all the establishment party politics.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

In such a race important to both parties and especially the democrats the one thing that won't be seen in KY is Air Force 1, but KY will get a steady dose of the likes of Bill Clinton. The ironic part is Clinton didn't fare well in the state during his run but is much more popular than numb nuts, and they're hoping slick willy can grin his way to few stolen votes.

Oddly with Clinton's agenda on green initiatives including the decimation of coal they are still sending him to help Blunder Grimes.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Hollywood is funneling lots of money to Grimes, as are the big unions.

Yeah they've had Clinton all over the place. Guess they're hoping no one will notice he's not actually running for office and isn't who she'll answer to if she wins.

2 polls out in the last 2 days have McConnell up between 4-5:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...imes-3485.html
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Rupp's Runt

Clinton is speniding some time down here in Florida too, trying to help 'ol "confused" Charlie Crist be elected as Governor. This is another race where I will have to hold my nose when I vote, and take a shower afterwards, because neither Scott or Crist are good choices, IMHO.
    Last edited by suncat05; 09-05-2014 at 11:59 AM. Reason: spelling error
    MOLON LABE!

Scott is a better choice than Crist.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Scott is a better choice than Crist.
    I do agree, Doc. but Scott is not better by much. The guy HATES public service employees, as evidenced by the fact that both he and the legislature keep monkeying with my damn retirement, and the retirements of every other cop, firefighters and EMS/Paramedics in the state. He'll make you believe he loves teachers with the way he carries on about them, but he hates them too.
    So we have Obama hugging & loving Charlie Crist, or sneaking, deceitful, possibly thieving Rick Scott.

Great choices, huh?
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Which hospital is he in? I would like to send him a bigot card

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    I do agree, Doc. but Scott is not better by much. The guy HATES public service employees, as evidenced by the fact that both he and the legislature keep monkeying with my damn retirement, and the retirements of every other cop, firefighters and EMS/Paramedics in the state. He'll make you believe he loves teachers with the way he carries on about them, but he hates them too.
    So we have Obama hugging & loving Charlie Crist, or sneaking, deceitful, possibly thieving Rick Scott.

Great choices, huh?

My partner's wife is a former teacher, now works as a psychologist, in the school system. There is no belief among them that he loves teachers. All public employees have felt the fiscal pinch. I'm not sure I blame that all on him though as the problem with the pensions isn't his doing. Like so many elected public officials, the consequences down the line are not considered since they are not the ones who have to deal with them.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

New NBC poll has Mitch up 8:

http://newscms.nbcnews.com/sites/new...kysept2014.pdf

Many interesting things in the poll's internals, but both Mitch and Grimes have a net unfavorable. Mitch's favorable/unfavorable is -3 among likely voters, -5 among registered voters and -8 among residents. Yet he leads by 8. People are really fed up with politics and politicians.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Grimes seems to be sliding ever so slightly day by day

The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee is "going dark" (no longer running ads) in the KY race, funneling $ into the GA race:

http://atr.rollcall.com/elections-20...tch-mcconnell/

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee is "going dark" (no longer running ads) in the KY race, funneling $ into the GA race:

http://atr.rollcall.com/elections-20...tch-mcconnell/
    Huge. Their internal polling told them it was a low probability of success compared to other campaigns. Hope they're right, and that they still lose in Georgia.

If Chambliss had not decided to step down, there would be no contest for the seat in GA
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Huge. Their internal polling told them it was a low probability of success compared to other campaigns. Hope they're right, and that they still lose in Georgia.
    Yep, nothing is more indicative as to how things are really going than having the party yank funding from a candidate and spend it elsewhere.

Watch the two youtubes on Grimes.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

In the Ky senate seat race, the option are limited in terms of the major parties. Mitch is Mitch but Grimes is not ready for the senate. I wince at her answers and her attempts to criticize Mitch while not really giving the voter a real alternative.

The Dems pulled out because Grimes has run very publicly against Obama and won't admit to voting for him. Hiding behind the ballot box while running for public office is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    New NBC poll has Mitch up 8:

http://newscms.nbcnews.com/sites/new...kysept2014.pdf

Many interesting things in the poll's internals, but both Mitch and Grimes have a net unfavorable. Mitch's favorable/unfavorable is -3 among likely voters, -5 among registered voters and -8 among residents. Yet he leads by 8. People are really fed up with politics and politicians.

Sad days when MC, especially as he is now, is seen as the better candidate over anyone.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Sad days when MC, especially as he is now, is seen as the better candidate over anyone.
    I agree, and its a sad day that its possible that he will be the leader of the house. Will he be better than Ried? I'm not so sure. I really does suck that the Republican party can't or won't find a better leader than him and Boehner. Until they do its going to be more of the same.

Video discussion of the DSCC pulling out of the race:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/384112378...#sp=show-clips

The analysis from one guy was solid, he's from Harlan county. Said the DSCC and Grimes thought they could go into southeast Ky and convince them the joblessness etc. was on Mitch, and they're finding that Obama is so deeply disliked it isn't moving enough voters even though Mitch isn't liked and it's not exactly a GOP haven.

Of course that money goes to Georgia, which isn't good news for the overall battle, but maybe it won't pay off there.

Saying that the GOP may be able to shift some money as well in response and shore up in those areas.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 10-15-2014 at 05:34 PM.

FWIW this race, IF Mitch does in fact win, could have helped the GOP a lot by bleeding off a lot of money that could have been spent against the GOP in other key races. Mitch had a warchest that was more local, like coal money, that may not have been spent in those races regardless, but Grimes' money has been national DNC Obama money and that money could have gone to any race in any state.

IF Mitch wins. Still a big huge mile high if.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Mitch has been vulnerable for a while. 30 years in office means a portion of those people who helped elect him are not alive now. Democrats have been salivating for his seat and the Tea Party efforts to "ensure" Republican candidates behave conservatively enough push moderates to the right which further limits a current politican from appealing to modersates in both parties.

I do expect him to win as the more I watched Grimes I knew she was not capable. I think Mitch wins comfortably.

The bad news (if you're a Mitch supporter): new Bluegrass poll has McConnell up only 1, 44-43, among likely voters:

http://www.courier-journal.com/story...nell/17619587/

The good news: that same poll actually had Grimes ahead by 2 three weeks ago. I think it's more of an outlier, since the other polls have been showing McConnell ahead by at least 3. (1 poll had McConnell up 8, but I don't believe that one, either.) The RCP average has McConnell up between 4-5:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...imes-3485.html

I guess I'll take that as good news since it's trending to Mitch.

I see very few signs and bumper stickers generally here in Lexington, but the few I do see are for Grimes. Part of that is my neighborhood being very liberal, but IMO a lot of it is that most who are voting for mitch don't "support" him in the "right man for the job" sense, but in the "right vote to cast given the options" way. We'll show up and vote, but won't really put the Mitch signs in our yard.

Also Lexington won't be what carries him. As we become bigger and more urban we become more liberal. Not really sure why it's that way.

CBS/NY Times poll yesterday has Mitch up 6:

http://today.yougov.com/news/2014/09...round-tracker/

That same poll had Mitch up 4 on 7/24, 5 on 9/2 and 6 on 10/1, so pretty consistent with a small-but-stable lead.

Mitch vs. Lundergren Grimes

Bump::

Just a reminder for you folks in Ky, I know it's a lesser of two evils vote, but we're better off w/ Mitch..... For now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk